Does TX have a "no chase" policy? - Page 9 - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #81 of 87 Old 07-05-2011, 02:26 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-Dub View Post
You're entitled to your opinion. However you slice it; no matter how much of an idiot the rider is there is a reason it's called misconduct. That's because it's wrong just like the rider was wrong for fleeing. Personal choice, and yes there are consequences...our laws say so, there are many that address that act. However, an ass whooping is not one of them. Sorry, no matter how much you want to condone that behavior...there is no defense. You don't right one illegal act with another illegal act.

I mean, we can go on about this forever and I'll accommodate you post-for-post, but is there a point? We have a difference of opinion.

V-Dub
Sent from my iPad using Motorcycle
That sir we do..and thats what makes this country great, is we can freely express our opinions on a forum such as this. And i thank you for being civil and not coming back with 'smack talk' and what not. I do see your point, and will agree with your '2 wrongs dont make a right' approach. I will keep my opinions on this subject as i know you will as well.

Faster than a drunk snail on valium!

07 zx10r- stolen
New bike...07 GSXR1000..BMC filter, LOR slip on, 520 conversion with -1, speedohealer, pc3 custom map with xtre settings, Galfer superbike lines front, galfer sportbike line rear, shorty levers, Yami R1 throttle tube for 1/5 throttle, PAIR mod, exhaust valve gone, ecu flashed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #82 of 87 Old 07-05-2011, 02:33 PM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRider View Post
That sir we do..and thats what makes this country great, is we can freely express our opinions on a forum such as this. And i thank you for being civil and not coming back with 'smack talk' and what not. I do see your point, and will agree with your '2 wrongs dont make a right' approach. I will keep my opinions on this subject as i know you will as well.
Lol, my pleasure as well. Healthy debate. I just want to be clear, I don't condone fleeing. It's a personal decision but like you said...be prepared for the consequences. I'm just arguing that apprehension and ass whopping are very different actions. Good stuff man...thanks for the dialogue. Best wishes bro!

V-Dub

2009 Jaguar XF Premium
2011 Kawasaki ZX-10R
2012 CVO Street Glide
2011 Ram 1500 Laramie
My Riding Tactics Are Drastic; Stretchin Mutha Fockas Like Mr. Fantastic!
post #83 of 87 Old 07-05-2011, 02:36 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-Dub View Post
Lol, my pleasure as well. Healthy debate. I just want to be clear, I don't condone fleeing. It's a personal decision but like you said...be prepared for the consequences. I'm just arguing that apprehension and ass whopping are very different actions. Good stuff man...thanks for the dialogue. Best wishes bro!

V-Dub
Anytime bro!!!!! Peace!!!!!!!

Faster than a drunk snail on valium!

07 zx10r- stolen
New bike...07 GSXR1000..BMC filter, LOR slip on, 520 conversion with -1, speedohealer, pc3 custom map with xtre settings, Galfer superbike lines front, galfer sportbike line rear, shorty levers, Yami R1 throttle tube for 1/5 throttle, PAIR mod, exhaust valve gone, ecu flashed.
post #84 of 87 Old 07-05-2011, 07:22 PM
Damn I'm Getting Old

Posting Frequency

Here's a question for the LEOs:

The guy had a dash cam, and still ran out in front of it and just swung away. In the heat of the chase, does he just forget its there? Seems pretty stupid to videotape your own crimes......

post #85 of 87 Old 07-05-2011, 09:45 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Adrenaline takes over and winding down is harder than winding up, unfortunately. The cam is a useful tool; helps more than it hurts.

08' ZX10R
post #86 of 87 Old 07-06-2011, 11:27 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wooki View Post
Here's a question for the LEOs:

The guy had a dash cam, and still ran out in front of it and just swung away. In the heat of the chase, does he just forget its there? Seems pretty stupid to videotape your own crimes......
Yeah I wonder that too. Dumb F forgets he's taping himself. But I think they get in trouble if the intentionally turn it off when something is going on. no?
post #87 of 87 Old 07-07-2011, 01:43 AM
Bloo Moderator

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by miykl View Post
I don't agree, but I understand. It's got to be frustratiing to see the same crimes commited by the same people over and over. BUT, Judge Dred was a movie, not real life. LEO's don't get to choose who gets what punishment. Every citizen has a right to due process. If you think the system is broken, join others in supporting change of the officials and laws that allow repeat offenders to walk with hand slaps. Those that abuse the power given to them by the people they are sworn to protect need to be punished along with every other criminal. Vigilante justice is not real justice.

I understand your comments as well bud most forget those wearing Blue are Real people with emotions and NOT Robots. :headshake

Don't like to bring my personal experiences in with the Cops but my Dad and Mom divorced young not even 2yrs old I believe. Well my mom remarried to a much younger man and Abuser mostly to her not the kids. :headshake

My mom tried to leave the step dad once and while unpacking at my grandmas house with my Dad's help even though he wasn't married to my mom anymore with any relations, the Ass Ho*e shows up and tries to stab my mom chasing my mom around the kitchen with a knife. My Dad heard Screams and ran into the house grabbed his ass outside while I was on a Big Wheel at 5yrs old and watched my Dad slam this maniac 230lbs guy against a brick wall and was getting ready to kick his ass.....then he stabbed my Dad in the stomach.. sent him to the hospital ..my dad had no idea he had a knife in his hands . My Dad lived and has out lived most of his family to this day but will never forget how he saved my mom.

Then fast forward years later my mom made a mistake and got back with the ass and she had my youngest sister. Now, the Kids older, my older Sister, me and younger brother and now new young sister the asses daughter heard him beating on my mom. My older sister had none of it now 12yrs old called the Cops.

He hid like a scared child around the houses and the Cops found him like a scared rabbit.....drug him out to the Neighborhood main street and slammed him very hard against the Cop Car maybe a few times and told my mom to say and do what she want's...she got it out of her system and bitched him out like nothing I ever seen and never looked backed.....no she left him for good had a good life before she died about 5yrs ago but now much older thinking back I wish more cops where like that but now there are camera's everywhere and law suits etc.....rant over but just saying there are times when I wish there is street justice.

bloo

Last edited by bluedevil; 07-07-2011 at 03:29 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.