Brown snakes are not nice - Page 2 - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
 17Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 31 Old 11-11-2016, 02:11 PM Thread Starter
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Kookaburras(a bird that looks a bit like a Kingfisher) Scout kill snakes mate!they have a call that sounds like someone laughing!I have a sneaky suspicion another bird called a Magpie(it's a bit smaller than a crow with similar features but black and white!they luv meat)you see some funny and educating things living in Rural Australia!I have seen quite a few times teaming up together(like a WW2 squadron)diving and attacking Foxes as these native animal killers move across our land(another great product(fox)the Pomms entered into Australia),they also dive bomb anyone near their nest in mating season of often leading to holes in your head
scout likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 31 Old 11-11-2016, 02:21 PM
LDH
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

For the 'Mericans, Australian magpies are like twice the size our magpies...

They also have bats about the size of hawks and falcons that come out at dusk. It's absolutely bizarre.

Tons of birds to see down there even in the city limits These White Ibis are plentiful

& exotics to us like cockatoos are free to forage on their own and roost in peoples houses
scout and peterd10r like this.
post #13 of 31 Old 11-11-2016, 02:24 PM Thread Starter
GP Star

Posting Frequency

I also just purchased this

It's really needed as we have had a really wet Winter and grass/grasses are very long and with bushfire season on the doorstep keeping everything trimmed! and fire prevention as in trees felled near houses!land cleared land can save your life!our dams are overflowing atm(1 at the rear of property and 1 80 meters from our house)I have a petrol high pressure fire pump next to this dam with hose ready to go!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3043.JPG
Views:	10
Size:	119.0 KB
ID:	386426  
post #14 of 31 Old 11-11-2016, 02:52 PM Thread Starter
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Living so close to beauty and terror

View looking North with main dam and pump in the background!we back onto State forest/bush
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_3048.JPG
Views:	11
Size:	861.5 KB
ID:	386434  
LDH likes this.
post #15 of 31 Old 11-11-2016, 02:54 PM Thread Starter
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Looking South Westerly

Another picture
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_3051.JPG
Views:	14
Size:	1.23 MB
ID:	386442  
mr_honez, scout and LDH like this.
post #16 of 31 Old 11-11-2016, 03:40 PM
The Pace

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitze View Post
Yes Aussies have guns. Heavily regulated thanks to John Howard and his little trick in Tas.
There though are now more guns in circulation than prior to that incident. Not allowed semis though and pistols are mag restricted and with storage laws to boot.

Have a gun in Aus and you have no private property rights. Police can come in any time to check you and them out.

BTW, many here in Finland to but moose hunting season over ))
Now Winter has arrived and with force, lots of snow and minus 10+ degrees C.
It's going to be a long and cold one I think.
Summer days a long but the winter has to be the worst. Winter bothers me and I'm at 37 degrees. Kinda wish that was a great country on the equator.
post #17 of 31 Old 11-11-2016, 03:43 PM
The Pace

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterd10r View Post
Kookaburras(a bird that looks a bit like a Kingfisher) Scout kill snakes mate!they have a call that sounds like someone laughing!I have a sneaky suspicion another bird called a Magpie(it's a bit smaller than a crow with similar features but black and white!they luv meat)you see some funny and educating things living in Rural Australia!I have seen quite a few times teaming up together(like a WW2 squadron)diving and attacking Foxes as these native animal killers move across our land(another great product(fox)the Pomms entered into Australia),they also dive bomb anyone near their nest in mating season of often leading to holes in your head
Kooka's I know but thx for the info that they go after snakes and I guess browns. We have the mags here and also black/white but with long tails. Not many.
post #18 of 31 Old 11-11-2016, 03:45 PM
The Pace

Posting Frequency

Quote:
View looking North with main dam and pump in the background!we back onto State forest/bush
the 4x4 post is for what? How many acres you have? The first thing I notice is how flat as I'm always looking at layers of hills.
post #19 of 31 Old 11-11-2016, 03:50 PM
The Pace

Posting Frequency

Quote:
It's really needed as we have had a really wet Winter and grass/grasses are very long and with bushfire season on the doorstep keeping everything trimmed! and fire prevention as in trees felled near houses!land cleared land can save your life!our dams are overflowing atm(1 at the rear of property and 1 80 meters from our house)I have a petrol high pressure fire pump next to this dam with hose ready to go!
I had a garden tractor on a few properties back. Kohler 18 hp engine with three blades and was bullet proof. Sears Craftsman if I recall. BUT the best mover but not a mower was my ASV RC30 with 4/1 bucket, rock bit augur and a hoe. Had it on a steep situation but never tipped over but also had a 7000 pound winch on it just in case and had that wince in a portable receiver cradle so it also fit on the truck just in case I needed the truck to haul it up. lol. Used the winch but mostly in the snow when the RC got stuck. Plenty of trees. That thing ripped fire breaks in no time. I think Caterpillar bought them out a few years back.
post #20 of 31 Old 11-11-2016, 03:52 PM
The Pace

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by LDH View Post
For the 'Mericans, Australian magpies are like twice the size our magpies...

They also have bats about the size of hawks and falcons that come out at dusk. It's absolutely bizarre.

Tons of birds to see down there even in the city limits These White Ibis are plentiful

& exotics to us like cockatoos are free to forage on their own and roost in peoples houses
Cocketeils but with wing patches?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.