Anyone heard from Skydork? - Page 11 - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
 184Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #101 of 149 Old 04-04-2017, 06:49 PM
The Pace

Posting Frequency

Cliffhanger, Sky! for sure. All tech guys are that way, it seems and all good.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #102 of 149 Old 04-04-2017, 08:40 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Garage
Thanks Calx!Im done with the neg comments and baiting!I just can't sit back and have his backhanded comments that focus on members for no reason!honestly I would rather not get sucked in and upset but can't understand how someone can hold a grudge against so many for no other reason than he's always right!I have witnessed his character assassinations for years and have a huge problem trying to look away!if we all looked away from something we no is wrong the World would be stuffed!at some stage in life everyone could find themselves witnessing a bully standing over someone!I couldn't turn away and I no you couldn't either!its now quite obvious what he's up to and I'm sure the Mods have his measure!I have agreed to leave it be and will not go back on my word.
post #103 of 149 Old 04-10-2017, 05:06 PM
The Pace

Posting Frequency

Sky, what happened, you're killing me.
SkyDork and Boxtradamus like this.
post #104 of 149 Old 04-11-2017, 10:18 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Dude, This could easily end up being even more riveting than The Life Of A Killa thread!!!

....Maybe I'll just hang out here in this thread and not leave until Sky decides to come back..

Maybe we could all chip in and send the guy a box of cookies?? Mrs. Fields? (wondering if she hangs with Mrs. Freshley???). It would be like getting cookies from Mom cept it would be frum us forum Fam!!

Sending all good vibes, OM's, ohms, chants, 5th level Cleric healing, prayers, well wishes and maybe even some good luck and a few well oiled can chain damners yer way Sky!
SkyDork and ridersdiscount like this.

*Official winner of one Riflemans 1/5 insert

Live Til You Die - QOTSA
post #105 of 149 Old 04-11-2017, 11:44 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

YES!!..... Thankfully that was fast! I can go about my day now. Thanks Sky! Sky Lives!

Edit - Are they putting you back together like they did Vader?
SkyDork likes this.

*Official winner of one Riflemans 1/5 insert

Live Til You Die - QOTSA

Last edited by Capncalyx; 04-11-2017 at 11:48 AM.
post #106 of 149 Old 04-11-2017, 01:02 PM
REPOST Enforcement Mod

Posting Frequency

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by scout View Post
Sky, what happened, you're killing me.
Hey Scout, I'm still around. This thread has made some serious turns and twitches it seems though since it started. Crazy. Whoa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capncalyx
Edit - Are they putting you back together like they did Vader?
Vader? Nah, more like Steve Austin - the Six Million Dollar Man!

So, I'll give you guys the short and dirty version of what happened. I was in an accident. It's bad, but not what you think. It wasn't on the ZX-10 and it didn't involve any other cars. That's the good part!

Short version: back in November of last year, I acquired a used 2011 Kawasaki ZX-6R as a track only bike. The intent was to use it as a trackday machine and possibly get into some actual races come the 2017 season. Woohoo! It was largely set up as a track-only ride when I got it. But it still needed some clean up and going through to make sure it is up to the challenge.

Since I got it in November, I did the following things to it:
- wheel removal and painting
- tire replacement (to Dunlop GPA211s)
- wheel bearing replacement
- clutch lever replacement
- clutch lever adjustment
- brake caliper bleed and adjustment
- air filter cleaning
- tail section replacement
- fuel tank strip and paint with fuel filter reinstallation
- Ohlins rear shock re-spring and checkout
- Power commander and ignition module relocation and checkout
- footpeg replacement and shift lever checkout
- throttle cable lubrication and adjustment

I was working on it sporadically on weekends and here and there and getting parts and stuff along the way. Took longer than I thought, but I bought my Gen 5 in the middle of that too. So, with everything that I've been checking and working on, I finally got it back to working late January to the point it was rideable again.

I live in a planned community with 1500 homes in it. The main access road is 2 miles long and the neighborhoods are cordened off into there on areas off of the main access road. The morning of January 28th, I got the bike out to wash it to clean it up and check it out. Posted speed limits for the enter access road is 35mph with 2 lanes in each direction. I designed since it was ready to go, I needed to make sure it still ran OK. I through a leg over and rode it from my driveway to a roundabout 0.75 miles from my house and then back to the house. The point of the ride was just to evaluate and make sure that the bike motor runs. Since there's no traffic with good asphalt where I was riding, I figured it was the best place to just ride it at slow speeds and see how it sounds with the motor running.

It turned out to be a fateful decision on my part. Because I wanted to listen to the engine, suspension, exhaust, and brakes as I was riding it, I did not wear my trusty helmet. Top speed that I achieved while I was out riding was a whopping 25mph in second gear. At some point going around the roundabout area, I became dislodged from the bike and I wound up on the ground. In doing so, I hit my head and broke the left clavicle in 2 spots in my shoulder. Accident speed was somewhere in the 15mph to 20mph zone as that is the speed to go around the roundabout. I really wish I could tell you what actually happened.

In hitting my head on the ground, I cracked my skull. This caused a brain injury. I was airlifted to the trauma hospital where i was kept chemically sedated for 12 days on a respirator machine with 2 sensors screwed to my skull to monitor brain activity. After that 2 weeks I was moved to another hospital for recovery. I do not remember anything from the accident until I got to the second hospital and the drugs got out of my system. I've been in therapy since then and it all sounds worse than it is. I've got no issues other than some sensitivity on my head currently. I haven't been on a bike since that day unfortunately and I can't wear a helmet right now because of the head sensitivity. But there's no real issues long-term. The list of stuff from the doctors that I can't do is much longer than the stuff I actually am ready for. So I'll start back to work this week, start driving a car again, graduate from rehab by next week, and be back on a bike at some point in the near future as well. But that's really the reason I've been away from the site so much recently. Sorry about that!

Please wear your helmet - NO MATTER WHAT!!!
YSR50, ripper, mr_honez and 8 others like this.

I may not be perfect, but at least I don't ride a Suzuki.

Ridding the Internet of bad grammar, 1 post at a time.

#WordCrimes

post #107 of 149 Old 04-11-2017, 01:08 PM
LDH
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Dibs on the ZX-6!
SkyDork and jr0065 like this.
post #108 of 149 Old 04-11-2017, 01:12 PM
REPOST Enforcement Mod

Posting Frequency

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by LDH View Post
Dibs on the ZX-6!
Hahahaha!!! I'll keep that in my short-term memory!
LDH likes this.

I may not be perfect, but at least I don't ride a Suzuki.

Ridding the Internet of bad grammar, 1 post at a time.

#WordCrimes

post #109 of 149 Old 04-11-2017, 01:29 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDork View Post
Please wear your helmet - NO MATTER WHAT!!!
True story. I had an old CB before my 10R and totally busted my ass in the alley behind my house. Luckily I didn't crack my skull, but I take this statement seriously.
SkyDork likes this.
post #110 of 149 Old 04-11-2017, 02:22 PM
Platinum Site Sponsor

Posting Frequency

Too soon? Good to hear you are making a full recovery buddy.

SkyDork and mpp12 like this.

Call MIKE at 866-931-6644 ext 804. Our business hours are Monday-Friday 9:30AM-6PM EST. Visit our website at Riders Discount.

Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.