To All Members - Please Read - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 105 Old 01-25-2010, 12:55 PM Thread Starter
GP Star

Posting Frequency

To All Members - Please Read

Well for those who may or may not know me I am pretty opionated so here goes with another.

With all the recent issues with some of the members and their desire to leave as well as all the posts of members who have stated that they no longer spend much time here due to the direction that the forum has gone I believe that the time has come for someone to say something. Though not a long time member and limited posts (1200-1300 – most of which are somewhat legit) I believe that I may be able to offer some constructive advice on how we can improve this forum. Some of us ride ZX-10s, some do not, some have ridden for 20+ years some are just starting, some race, some tour, some just ride for fun but all do it for the same reason – the freedom that comes with it.

First off we all share a common love, that being the love to ride/clean/talk about motorcycles, many of us have similar likes/dislikes outside of riding itself. It is due these personal characteristics that we are a ‘family’ of sorts. Naturally within any family there will be disagreements or differences of opinion – that is perfectly acceptable and healthy for any family. What are not are the personal attacks that some members chose to take at each other. This is nothing but destructive to the overall direction of the forum.
As I continue I will stay away from the profanity that I posted in the Garth thread as I don’t want to offend anyone and believe all should read this.
If you have nothing positive or constructive to say, choose to say nothing at all.

If you are going to dispute what another forum member has posted, support it with empirical data of real world results – don’t just come into a thread take a cheap shot then leave.

Don’t knock another person’s mods because YOU don’t like them – beauty is in the eye of the beholder. If a person asks for an opinion please offer it but remember it is often HOW it is stated that causes issues. Before you hit submit think about how you would feel if someone wrote what you have written and it was directed towards YOU. Just because YOU wouldn’t do it that way doesn’t mean it is wrong – it is simply different and that is ok.
If you take a shot at someone be sure to check back in that thread for responses from opionated guys like me who frown at negativity.

This is a forum there is nothing to prove due to the fact that in most cases you will never be able to prove it (case in point I got into it with a member of another forum one time when he questioned my abilities – I offered to trailer my bike to his town and run him on the discipline he wanted street/strip/track and he never responded).

The more positive you can be in presenting your life/personal experiences the more positive this forum will become, therefore the more members will want to join. I have heard Kawi Forums mentioned many times, further to that others have said that we don’t want zx-10r.net to become like that. If some of the BS continues we will continue to lose good members thus we will be in the same boat.

Get off the mod's backs – I can only imagine how tough it would be to wade through countless BS threads to act as a referee to a bunch of grown adults acting like children. I am not saying that they are always right but neither is the court system – as a whole they accomplish what they are supposed to do and that is maintain order.

If a newbie squid starts a new thread looking for info answer his question and let him know that there is a search function. Giving a sarcastic answer in detrimental to the forum’s continued forward motion. They may chose NOT to come back based on the answers of a few.
Watch the sarcasm – besides being a form of sideways aggression some members do not speak English as a primary language and may misunderstand/misinterpret its meaning and it could then be seen as negative/insulting rather than a joke.

Remember everyone’s pocketbooks are different – some can’t afford to mod their bike the way others can, but in an effort to be unique they try something that doesn’t hit them in the wallet quite the same. If we never challenge our current system things will remain the same. Ponder how many failed experiments Benjamin Franklin had YET we credit him with so many successful inventions.

In summary I enjoy this forum, the discussion about bikes among other things and want to see it succeed. I have no dog in the hunt regarding the forum’s success; I am not a site sponsor, mod, owner etc. I just enjoy a place where I can freely discuss the things that interest me.

Now I just can’t help myself:
If you have nothing positive to say, can’t offer some positive constructive criticism or simply want to demean another member “shut the f@ck up” and go to another forum, in my opinion this is NOT the place for you and your negativity.
Thanks for taking the time to read my rant.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 105 Old 01-25-2010, 01:05 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Very nicely put sir.

2004 ZX-10R - Powder coated Kawasaki green wheels, attack performance bars, PC III, Ivans GRE, vortex front sprocket, vortex cat 5 black rear sprocket, vortex rear sets, RK 525 green chain, galfer ss brake lines, custom frame sliders & and swing arm spools, BMC air filter, Scorpion street extreme exhaust, DB screen, Green integrated tail light kit, OEM seat cowl, speedohealer v4, Factory Pro velocity stacks.
post #3 of 105 Old 01-25-2010, 01:05 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

im on board with you rkwaki! thanks for the post! I too have not been a long time member and yet some people who were great value to the forum were lost!

I'm 100% with you and support you when you say "Now I just can’t help myself:
If you have nothing positive to say, can’t offer some positive constructive criticism or simply want to demean another member “shut the f@ck up” and go to another forum, in my opinion this is NOT the place for you and your negativity."

hopefully your post is an eye opener and it takes our forum in a different direction!

BOOM!!! SHAKE AND BAKE
post #4 of 105 Old 01-25-2010, 01:07 PM
MIdlife PIMP

Posting Frequency

Send a message via Yahoo to bodymanruss518
you have some good points and for the most part,.......I get along with everyone,........but IWILL NOT refrain from busting balls over the helmet mohawk issue,..........I am sorry...hahahahahahaha...jk................good post,..........I wish for the same as you!.well,..besides the mohawk thing,....hahahaha

Better to have a gun and not need one, than to need a gun and not have one!!.......

you can lose money chasing women, but,......
you'll never lose women chasing money!!....
post #5 of 105 Old 01-25-2010, 01:07 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

damn , my eyes hurt.lol. totally agree.i've checked out some of the other forums and by FAR , i think this is the best.i know we can be smartasses at times but i'm here to tell ya , this is the best group of people i've come across.

lead,follow or get out of the way !
post #6 of 105 Old 01-25-2010, 01:10 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

You got a day off today?

I think I've read similar to that in that past. Why not use the search function?

Forum is definitely not the same it used to be. But still a place I enjoy coming to...once I don't that's when I will stop. But there is and always will be loads of great information on here.

"You can't trust anyone, not even your own asshole; sometimes you think you're gonna fart and you sh*t."
post #7 of 105 Old 01-25-2010, 01:14 PM Thread Starter
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by themightymezzo View Post
You got a day off today?

I think I've read similar to that in that past. Why not use the search function?

Forum is definitely not the same it used to be. But still a place I enjoy coming to...once I don't that's when I will stop. But there is and always will be loads of great information on here.
Every day is a day off.
J/K - Was a little slow and read a few posts that fired me up a little so thought I would share my thought of the day. Plus I have Attention Deficit Disorder so I fired that post off in about 3 minutes...
post #8 of 105 Old 01-25-2010, 01:16 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

racist

2006 Ebony ZX14
Looking for new 10

Still.....Looking for:
Carbon, Aluminum, or Magnesium wheels, rear sets, velocity stacks,
post #9 of 105 Old 01-25-2010, 01:17 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

At first I almost didn't read it....but then got tired of working and figured it would be good. I guess I should be getting back to work though....otherwise I may be writing up some posts like you. Haha

"You can't trust anyone, not even your own asshole; sometimes you think you're gonna fart and you sh*t."
post #10 of 105 Old 01-25-2010, 01:17 PM Thread Starter
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTHOODZX10R View Post
racist
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.