20Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 48 Old 02-06-2017, 08:52 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMoto73 View Post
THANK YOU!

Didn't do a quote for a new bike yet, but for full coverage for my Gen1 is 213 bucks a year! I pay more than that, 260, for liability through Progressive! Good bye Progressive!

Bennice you helped save me a ton of money and now I have more piece of mind if my bike ever gets stolen again! Also can save more for stuff for minimoto! :)

Glad to hear it worked out!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 48 Old 02-09-2017, 08:08 AM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Dairyland told me they do not offer collision or comprehensive for the zx10. Farmer quoted me $1900 for 12 months of full coverage. That is by far the cheapest quote I have received.

2016 Kawasaki ZX10R KRT ABS
2016 Suzuki GSX-S 1000 ABS
post #33 of 48 Old 02-09-2017, 08:56 AM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
full coverage for my Gen1 is 213 bucks a year!
Why would you not put the name of the insurance company?

Do tell, we all want to get "full coverage" for $213.00 a year and the
insurance company that has that good of prices deserves all of our
business.

I personally would like to see the breakdown on that policy.

"Full coverage" for $213.00 a year. I wont believe it until I see it.

Maybe you are confused on the the definition of "Full Coverage"
post #34 of 48 Old 02-10-2017, 08:43 AM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Well how about it?
post #35 of 48 Old 02-10-2017, 09:53 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

The collision coverage is so high because sport bikes are almost 100% guaranteed to be damaged. Tip the thing over in your driveway and its $2k worth of plastic and more to get back to "new" condition. Ins companies have lost their ass on glass bikes and that's why the premiums are so epically high. I only carry comprehensive and liability on my zx10 for that very reason. Its around $250/yr for my '04.
Best advice is only buy a bike you can afford to pay cash for. Then you don't have to buy the collision insurance.

MOTO do you still have your silver 05?
MrMoto73 likes this.

A 1st Gen Ten will eat the hearts of grown men.
post #36 of 48 Old 02-10-2017, 06:54 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johns04ZX10R View Post
The collision coverage is so high because sport bikes are almost 100% guaranteed to be damaged. Tip the thing over in your driveway and its $2k worth of plastic and more to get back to "new" condition. Ins companies have lost their ass on glass bikes and that's why the premiums are so epically high. I only carry comprehensive and liability on my zx10 for that very reason. Its around $250/yr for my '04.
Best advice is only buy a bike you can afford to pay cash for. Then you don't have to buy the collision insurance.

I don't finance toys anymore. If I had more money, I would pay cash for property as well. One day I suppose. But many states do not require you to carry insurance and many finance companies do not either. Especially if you have strong credit. I have financed bikes, boat, atv's, etc. and never had to carry insurance as a condition to getting financed. But honestly that is the best advice. Same goes for a rolex. If you cannot pay cash for it, you should not buy it, as a motorcycle like a zx10 is a luxury item, not a daily commuter. I wish I could tell my younger self that
Johns04ZX10R likes this.

post #37 of 48 Old 02-11-2017, 08:43 PM Thread Starter
Kawasaki Whisperer

Posting Frequency

Send a message via MSN to MrMoto73
Quote:
Originally Posted by obijack View Post
Dairyland told me they do not offer collision or comprehensive for the zx10. Farmer quoted me $1900 for 12 months of full coverage. That is by far the cheapest quote I have received.
Really? I went online and selected both options. Maybe because my ZX10 is now 12 years old. I have 1k deductible for collision and 100 for comp. I also added 5k worth of accessory coverage. They would not let me pick uninsured motorist and a couple other things. I did have to send them a copy of my homeowners policy, previous motorcycle policy and motorcycle safety foundation card for the discounted price as well as pay in full. I ended up paying 263 instead of 213 because they found a windshield replacement claim for my car within the last year. Didn't think that would even matter, but oh well. Still inexpensive.
Johns04ZX10R likes this.

I DON"T HAZ ANY SNYDER PROBLEMS
post #38 of 48 Old 02-11-2017, 08:50 PM Thread Starter
Kawasaki Whisperer

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johns04ZX10R View Post

I sold my silver 05 last year. Even though I don't need two Gen1's I still miss it. Guy that bought it is taking really good care of it though. You still looking for another one?
Johns04ZX10R likes this.

post #39 of 48 Old 02-11-2017, 09:03 PM Thread Starter
Kawasaki Whisperer

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bottoms-Up View Post
Well how about it?
It is full coverage.... for a 12 year old Gen1. I just went online to the dairyland insurance site and looked at what I would pay for a new ZX10R and it would be almost 800 bucks a year for the minimum coverage if it is financed. That is with 1k deductibles on collision and comp and adding 5k of accessory coverage. If I select every option they have, roadside, rental, vanishing deductible, trip interruption, replacement cost, etc... and do 100 dollar deductibles the rate goes to 2k per year if I pay in full.

post #40 of 48 Old 02-12-2017, 07:23 AM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Maybe dairyland doesn't offer sportbike coverage in FL, just in the great white north?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.