4k for insurance! - Page 3 - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
 20Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 48 Old 01-27-2017, 12:05 PM Thread Starter
Kawasaki Whisperer

Posting Frequency

Send a message via MSN to MrMoto73
I'll just have to save up a little and get a mildly used ZX14 or a ZX10RR after they have been out a while. The premiums were much less without collision as some have mentioned. Only 800 per year versus 4k. My biggest fear is theft and I want to be covered for that especially after I had that happen. So collision is something I do not need at all.

Unreal how rates for bikes are getting so high. When my 05 was new and I was in my early thirties I paid 600 a year full coverage that covered my leathers, gloves, helmet, upgrades etc. Insurance companies are definitely raking it in!
Johns04ZX10R likes this.

I DON"T HAZ ANY SNYDER PROBLEMS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 48 Old 01-27-2017, 02:06 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
for my 2013 zx10r i pay $75 per month for full coverage through allstate.. got a few speeding tickets dropped to 10mph under. was paying $98 per month for my 13 zx10r and 09 gsxr with full coverage on both before i sold the gsxr.

2013 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10R

~Woolich ECU Flash/Log Box/AutoTune~Driven Block Off Plates~Woodcraft Frame sliders~Cox Radiator Guard~OEM Seat Cowl~Tinted Hotbodies Venom Windscreen~Lightech Chain Adjusters/Axle Sliders/Spools~Sato Rearsets/Race Hooks/Bar Ends/Reservoir Covers~Pazzo Shorty Levers~Engine Ice~Motodynamics Rear Turn Signals~Ohlins TTX MKII Rear Shock~R&G Case Savers~M4 Street Slayer Exhaust~Ohlins Race SCU~+1 -2 520 Driven Sprockets~520 DID Gold Chain~
post #23 of 48 Old 01-28-2017, 12:48 AM
Squid

Posting Frequency

Progressive quoted me $1100 every year for my 08 zx-10r. Through State Farm insurance I pay $430 a year and when I quoted a 2015 Ninja H2 when they came out, through State Farm it was only like $450 a year. I wont even bother to call progressive ever again.
post #24 of 48 Old 01-28-2017, 10:00 AM
tdh
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

I pay 75 bucks per "year" for my GEN4 and my GEN5 from Progressive (liability only). I put the other $3925 in the bank to use for other things.
MrMoto73 likes this.

post #25 of 48 Old 01-28-2017, 11:07 AM
Squid

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMoto73 View Post
When my 05 was new and I was in my early thirties I paid 600 a year full coverage that covered my leathers, gloves, helmet, upgrades etc.
I'm pretty close to that. State Farm is $768 per year with full coverage, $500 deductibles. Covers my gear and $3,000 worth of accessories automatically, I can request more coverage. I bought my ZX-10R at the age of 25 with only two years experience, $768 annually is fantastic compared to the $7,000 companies like Progressive or Geico wanted to charge me. A quick google search about cheap insurance on sport bikes will reveal most go with State Farm, they still charge by displacement rather than type of bike.
MrMoto73 likes this.
post #26 of 48 Old 01-28-2017, 09:18 PM Thread Starter
Kawasaki Whisperer

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdh View Post
I pay 75 bucks per "year" for my GEN4 and my GEN5 from Progressive (liability only). I put the other $3925 in the bank to use for other things.
At the rate insurance goes up for sport bikes it is better that way. Save the money. After four years you have enough for a new bike anyway!

post #27 of 48 Old 01-28-2017, 10:32 PM
tdh
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMoto73 View Post
At the rate insurance goes up for sport bikes it is better that way. Save the money. After four years you have enough for a new bike anyway!
Yeah, full coverage is a bit of a scam. I figure it as if I buy full coverage I am betting "against" myself. If I buy liability I am betting "for" myself. I've been buying insurance for over 35 years now and I've never made a claim. I could have bought a Lambo with the money I've spent on insurance. I've had a couple of small deals with the bikes but nothing worth claiming when you figure in the deductible and increased rates so what am I paying for? Took me 35 years to figure it out.
MrMoto73 likes this.

post #28 of 48 Old 01-28-2017, 11:07 PM
Squid

Posting Frequency

Garage
Geico quoted me 91 a month for 6 months. That's cheaper than a 636 for me. I'm 25, married, own a house, and male. Hope this helps.
post #29 of 48 Old 01-28-2017, 11:08 PM
Squid

Posting Frequency

Garage
That's full coverage with road side assistance and 1000 deductibles.
post #30 of 48 Old 01-28-2017, 11:50 PM Thread Starter
Kawasaki Whisperer

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by bennice View Post
Check with Dairyland.
THANK YOU!

Didn't do a quote for a new bike yet, but for full coverage for my Gen1 is 213 bucks a year! I pay more than that, 260, for liability through Progressive! Good bye Progressive!

Bennice you helped save me a ton of money and now I have more piece of mind if my bike ever gets stolen again! Also can save more for stuff for minimoto! :)
bennice likes this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.