Gen 5: 2016 -> ZX10RR Superstock racebuild!! - Page 6 - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
 43Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #51 of 122 Old 04-19-2017, 03:27 PM
Squid

Posting Frequency

One thing I noticed, in the race ecu setup for the QS, in the manual it says: select 4 for road, 5 for race (reverse), then set limits for +/- Shift Up Judgement Voltage Low, Shift Up Judgement Voltage High and Shift Down Judgement Voltage Low and Shift Down Judgement Voltage High, do you guys have any clues how this settings are calculated?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 122 Old 04-19-2017, 10:21 PM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by morpheusro View Post
One thing I noticed, in the race ecu setup for the QS, in the manual it says: select 4 for road, 5 for race (reverse), then set limits for +/- Shift Up Judgement Voltage Low, Shift Up Judgement Voltage High and Shift Down Judgement Voltage Low and Shift Down Judgement Voltage High, do you guys have any clues how this settings are calculated?

Still waiting on my exhaust to get through customs so I haven't been able to test anything yet, but from what I understand is the voltages correspond to what load is put on the shifter to make a shift, so depending on what rearsets you're running the voltages could change.

I'll need to test myself but was thinking you should be able to use monitoring function and test what voltage is seen to make the shift.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
post #53 of 122 Old 04-20-2017, 03:25 PM
Squid

Posting Frequency

Yep, I thought at using monitoring to see what voltages are outputted by the sensor when in use (pushed/pulled) and use them. I will try this path and see what I get.

post #54 of 122 Old 04-22-2017, 03:42 AM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Exhaust finally arrived yesterday so I could start putting everything else back together. Decided to fit my spare titanium can for testing and will switch to the carbon can that came with the exhaust for first race.

Been sitting in Thailand unemployed for the last 15 months and a week before the first race I get called up for work.. lol. Oh well, hopefully make the first Thailand Superstock round on May 6-7th.
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMO Free1492846837.335261.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	72.5 KB
ID:	397449Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMO Free1492846851.049010.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	71.8 KB
ID:	397457Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMO Free1492846868.682199.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	74.5 KB
ID:	397465Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMO Free1492846880.584070.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	65.9 KB
ID:	397473

A couple little things left to do but just about finished.

Juh@ and peterd10r like this.
post #55 of 122 Old 04-22-2017, 10:11 AM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Great looking bike!!!
post #56 of 122 Old 04-24-2017, 03:19 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Garage
Coming along great!I can't make out the name on your a/m radiator(H2O?)and Racing in Thailand it will interesting knowing what you think of it!can I ask why you chose the full radiator over the other option?thanks in advance mate
post #57 of 122 Old 04-24-2017, 08:01 AM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterd10r View Post
Coming along great!I can't make out the name on your a/m radiator(H2O?)and Racing in Thailand it will interesting knowing what you think of it!can I ask why you chose the full radiator over the other option?thanks in advance mate

Radiator is Carraro Engineering. We race in 40+ Celsius so with std radiator water temps can get 100+ during a race. Nobody really sells the add-on radiators locally and the Superstock regs here in Thailand and Malaysia allow for full race radiator, so thats why I choose the full rad. I use H2o on my BMW but the price is 50% more than the Carraro.

peterd10r likes this.
post #58 of 122 Old 05-12-2017, 06:40 AM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Not a good start to the racing season last weekend, got rear ended during last practice session on Friday when the most experienced rider (VR46 academy rider) decided to slow on the racing line so no one could follow him, which made me stand my bike up mid corner and the guy following me couldn't pick up his bike quick enough and collided with my exhaust and rear wheel. Both of us stayed upright but I ended up the worse with a bent midpipe and exhaust can.

Was just getting ready to put in some quick laps on newish tires but didn't get the chance, so I ended the day about 3s off my PB on the BMW. Didn't have a spare midpipe so the bike was parked for the weekend. Was going to race the BMW in Superbike class instead but ended up getting called to work so no racing at all in the end.

Still struggling with the bike a little and just need a few more days track time as I've been racing the BMW for the past 4 yrs which needs to be ridden differently. I can see the potential especially in corner entry but top speeds are down 15 km/hr and about 5-10km/hr then the other top riders in Superstock. I'm the heaviest rider in the class by a bunch at 80kg.

Next round is not until July 8/9th so will try to get some track time before than to work on some engine mapping.
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMO Free1494585645.715532.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	83.1 KB
ID:	398450

Lanister likes this.
post #59 of 122 Old 05-12-2017, 01:30 PM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
Bummer about the pipe, but at least it didn't result in a full crash. Bike looks great, guessing you'll adjust to it quickly.

Racing Like a Honey Badger Blog

AFM #302

Special thanks to my 2017 sponsors and supporters!!
Kawasaki USA Team Green; DareDevil Motorsports; Roseville Yamaha-Kawasaki; RiderzLaw; Dainese D-Store SF; BARF Racing; Dunlop Race Tires; Woodcraft; Pacific Track Time; Motion Pro; Skratch Labs; PUSH Laptimer
post #60 of 122 Old 05-18-2017, 01:57 AM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
I am absolutely in love with your machine.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.