Gen 5: 2016 -> ZX10RR Superstock racebuild!! - Page 5 - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
 42Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 108 Old 04-05-2017, 10:08 AM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newf View Post
Also, anyone that was planning to just use some of the zx10rr parts in there zx10r, the tappets alone are 2000euro/set, wheels are 4300euro and they're not actually light weight wheels. Weighed the rear compared to my BMW OZ racing and 2kg+ heavier, so doubt they're much if any Lighter than std zx10r.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
And whats the weight of your oz racing rear wheel?

Gen3 : Arata full exhaust , KN air filter , 520 DID Renthal , oem Ecu converted to Race Kawasaki Ecu , milled ported head , Kent camshafts , lowered , Pk shifter , 14k rev limiter . Ecu tuned by TRE ( mr Balogiannis)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLsF4A1k_ew
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 108 Old 04-05-2017, 10:55 AM Thread Starter
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

ZX10RR Superstock racebuild!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by theatiss View Post
And whats the weight of your oz racing rear wheel?

11.9kg vs 14.1kg with Superbike slicks and no sprocket carrier. Weights might be a little off as I wasn't using a proper hanging weight scale but the rim is noticeably heavier.

theatiss likes this.

Last edited by Newf; 04-05-2017 at 10:57 AM.
post #43 of 108 Old 04-05-2017, 01:11 PM
Squid

Posting Frequency

Great updates!

On the steering damper, websites call for an SD 021, but the kit manual calls for an SD 001. It has 3mm more stroke. One of the parts to mount an SD 001 (collar) is no longer in production, but I've a spare if anyone needs it.

Really interesting about the wheels. As far as the pistons and crank goes, were you able to verify that the pistons are higher compression? I'm really curious about the differences. I'm wondering also if the crank was modified for the crankcase, or if it was made stronger / lighter in key areas.

So many questions!!

post #44 of 108 Old 04-05-2017, 01:32 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowLongYourUserNameCanBe. View Post
Great updates!

On the steering damper, websites call for an SD 021, but the kit manual calls for an SD 001. It has 3mm more stroke. One of the parts to mount an SD 001 (collar) is no longer in production, but I've a spare if anyone needs it.

Really interesting about the wheels. As far as the pistons and crank goes, were you able to verify that the pistons are higher compression? I'm really curious about the differences. I'm wondering also if the crank was modified for the crankcase, or if it was made stronger / lighter in key areas.

So many questions!!
Compression ratio is the same. I was told they are lighter but don't have exact measurements. Aside from that there's no difference for the pistons.

Glad I didn't spring for the RR wheels!
Newf likes this.
post #45 of 108 Old 04-05-2017, 01:39 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
Quote:
11.9kg vs 14.1kg with Superbike slicks and no sprocket carrier. Weights might be a little off as I wasn't using a proper hanging weight scale but the rim is noticeably heavier.

That is strange! In another thread one of our other forum members was stating that the wheels were specially made for the RR to specifically be lighter then the production wheels carrozzeria makes. I wonder what / if if there is a difference
post #46 of 108 Old 04-05-2017, 02:58 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Garage
That's a lot of weight more to be spinning compared to your Oz rims!I heard the same thing as Duhastme about the rims on the RR being lightweight but can't remember who from!what did you use to weigh them did you say a hanging type scale?luv the thread always interested in members developments from shop to track cheers man
post #47 of 108 Old 04-05-2017, 08:16 PM Thread Starter
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterd10r View Post
That's a lot of weight more to be spinning compared to your Oz rims!I heard the same thing as Duhastme about the rims on the RR being lightweight but can't remember who from!what did you use to weigh them did you say a hanging type scale?luv the thread always interested in members developments from shop to track cheers man

I've read the same post that they were 1lb lighter than the aftermarket light weight wheels but think it's actually 1lb lighter than standard zx10r. It's doesn't actually say in that they they are suppose to be lighter it's just says lighter turning and lower moment or inertia...lol. Just used a floor scale so could be off a little but they're noticeably heavier just lifting.
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMO Free1491441330.674280.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	197.6 KB
ID:	396289

Duhastme likes this.
post #48 of 108 Old 04-05-2017, 08:19 PM Thread Starter
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by dricked View Post
Compression ratio is the same. I was told they are lighter but don't have exact measurements. Aside from that there's no difference for the pistons.

Glad I didn't spring for the RR wheels!

Thai race mechanics said the same that the pistons are lighter but look the same.

Also noticed front master cylinder and brake calipers are different part # to zx10r.

post #49 of 108 Old 04-06-2017, 11:11 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Thai race mechanics said the same that the pistons are lighter but look the same.

Also noticed front master cylinder and brake calipers are different part # to zx10r.

Hmm, no mention of different brakes anywhere. I'll have a good comparison between the two this week. Going testing and one of the guys is on a new RR, was on a regular 10r last year.
post #50 of 108 Old 04-06-2017, 08:36 PM Thread Starter
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by dricked View Post
Hmm, no mention of different brakes anywhere. I'll have a good comparison between the two this week. Going testing and one of the guys is on a new RR, was on a regular 10r last year.

The thai Kawasaki riders here have been racing the bike since Jan. One rider said the engine does feel stronger stock and the top speeds were a little higher back in Jan when they first raced the bike. But I've heard one of the top British Superstock riders tested them back to back and couldn't notice any difference.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.