67Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #171 of 176 Old 05-09-2018, 08:33 AM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

ZX10RR Superstock racebuild!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by morpheusro View Post
What settings did you set for the Ohlins shock? I just bought mine and I would like to see what you are using.
Just tested it on a tight/bumpy track and I actually kept the standard comp/Reb setting, tried a few clicks each way on Reb but standard worked best. Iím sure Iíll need to adjust it more on the faster Chang international circuit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
neonmarine likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #172 of 176 Old 05-10-2018, 02:32 PM
Squid

Posting Frequency

And what about preload? I am using a 105 spring but I think it is too stiff for me, I weigh 80.8 kg.
This is the way I bought the shock, i know stock comes with 95 spring.
What do you use?

Also I tried setting sag and did not manage to get to recommended settings, I think the shock was either modified or is due to the spring. What do you think could be?
post #173 of 176 Old 05-10-2018, 07:43 PM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
And what about preload? I am using a 105 spring but I think it is too stiff for me, I weigh 80.8 kg.
This is the way I bought the shock, i know stock comes with 95 spring.
What do you use?

Also I tried setting sag and did not manage to get to recommended settings, I think the shock was either modified or is due to the spring. What do you think could be?

Iím currently running a 100 spring with about 10-12mm of preload, the tight track doesnít have much grip so I need to run the softer spring to help with that.

At Chang International I was running 110 on my Ktech Rear Shock, so Iím not sure what I will need for that track with the Ohlins until I test there in June. My body weight is 83kg without gear.

post #174 of 176 Old 05-14-2018, 11:33 PM
Squid

Posting Frequency

I tested this past week-end with 20mm preload and standard compression/rebound settings on the shock and it worked well on our local bumpy track. Also tried closing preload 3 turns from fully open and felt good.

My body weight is 80kg without gear, I really wanted to get to that 24mm they recommend but was unsuccessful.
post #175 of 176 Old 05-15-2018, 12:42 AM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
I tested this past week-end with 20mm preload and standard compression/rebound settings on the shock and it worked well on our local bumpy track. Also tried closing preload 3 turns from fully open and felt good.

My body weight is 80kg without gear, I really wanted to get to that 24mm they recommend but was unsuccessful.

How much Installed preload on the spring? if they just changed the spring and havenít repositioned the collar you should be at 10mm installed. So fully open on your hydraulic preload adjuster would put u at 10mm, 3 turns in would be 11.5mm.

On the Ktech I would run between 8-12mm of preload on a 105 & 110 spring but my sag is about 20-22mm. I donít actually measure it but just check on my datalogger as I run the suspension travel potentiometer and then just multiply by the link rate to get sag.

Not sure what your lap pace is but you should probably try a lighter spring and if needed just add more preload.

post #176 of 176 Old 05-15-2018, 02:46 AM
Squid

Posting Frequency

I don't know how much installed preload exists. The guy I bought the shock from, said he installed the 105 spring because he is 83 kg and he did not like the default one (95). I also have the 95 spring.
I guess they did not re positioned the collar, I will ask to be sure.

My measurements are as follows:
R1: 591mm (wheel is hanging in the air)
R2: 580mm (motorcycle is on her own weight)
R3: 571mm (me on the motorcycle, without riding gear)
*the fuel tank was not fully loaded, around 8-9 liters of fuel in it.

So my rider sag is 20mm, with hydraulic preload adjuster fully open.

My lap pace is 3 seconds slower from the fastest guy in my class. I am racing in F1000 (rookies). The fastest SBK guy is really fast, but he is a professional, 8 seconds faster than me. The rest of the SBK guys, that are not pros, are 4-5 seconds faster than me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in