https://www.facebook.com/colin.butle...55841280110879

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #112 of 147 Old 11-06-2017, 03:10 PM
Squid

Posting Frequency

Garage
Just want to drop in and say thanks for all the detailed posts! Great watching your progress on this build and how you worked out kinks on the RR. Also awesome to see ya race!

I just picked up a RR myself and going to break it in on track maybe next weekend.

Also, thanks for the tip on lockstop. After my last crash I know what you mean on how you can crack the frame.

Picked these up today from R&G

2013 10R - ABS
RedSpade Racing
WERA 404 Novice
post #113 of 147 Old 11-06-2017, 10:41 PM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSpade View Post
Just want to drop in and say thanks for all the detailed posts! Great watching your progress on this build and how you worked out kinks on the RR. Also awesome to see ya race!

I just picked up a RR myself and going to break it in on track maybe next weekend.

Also, thanks for the tip on lockstop. After my last crash I know what you mean on how you can crack the frame.

Picked these up today from R&G

The bar stops are a must have... Seen 2 more cracked frames this past weekend from bar ends hitting the frame during a crash, the frame is very thin in that area.

post #114 of 147 Old 11-06-2017, 11:16 PM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Little update from last weekends race, it was the last round of BRIC Superbike championship so plan was to atleast get into the 1m39 before year end. First session Thursday morning on old tires i went straight to 1m40.4, so it was looking good but from the second session on i started to have a vibration/hesistation on corner exit while at lean that i tried everything to solve and diagnose but just couldn't seem to get it figured out. Come qualifying and the hesistation was getting worse but even with a couple mistakes i managed a 1m39.4 lap and 5th on the grid for Sundays race.

Was awake by 4am on Sunday morning thinking about what could be the problem with the bike but nothing was really standing out in the data from the datalogger and no fault codes. 7am at the track and went over the bike to check all the electrical connections, suspension link and shock but everything looked fine, passed along my qualifying session data to the Kawasaki thailand team techs to see if they could give me an idea on what was wrong. Their Japanese mechanic suggested i change the crank sensor as some of the data (rpm movement) suggested that it could be intermittent and its a known issue if the bike has been crashed for them to lose connection.

So, bike was stripped down and throttle bodies off to fit the new sensor but by this time it started pissing down, so time to change the tires to wets also. Spare wheels had some old used wets on them ready to go, so i was so tired from working on the bike i just tossed them on instead of changing to new.

Right away on the sighting lap the bike sounded alot crisper on the straight at high rpm and although i couldnt really push hard on corner exit its seems as the crank sensor was the problem all weekend, even my top speeds were virtualy the same in the wet with the new sensor as what they were in the full dry qualifying session. But the old wets on a cold and very wet track proved to be not the right choice as i couldn't push at all and pretty much rode around waiting for everyone to pass me, that didnt happen as many of the other riders ended up throwing their bikes down the road and i came home in 3rd!!

A couple little changes i made before this last round really made the bike easier to ride and i'm really enjoying riding the bike now, i think the laptimes will continue to drop. Now i'll have a little break until a club race in Jan and depending how that goes i will decide which bike i'll ride at the WSBK support race in March.. BMW or ZX10RR???
post #115 of 147 Old 11-07-2017, 10:31 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

can you guys send me the dimensions of the turn stopers so I can make them here...

thanks
post #116 of 147 Old 11-08-2017, 07:53 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newf View Post
Onboard videos from last race weekend!!

https://www.facebook.com/colin.butle...55836063580879

https://www.facebook.com/colin.butle...55841280110879

Rrrrippin man, I about shat myself when I heard/saw how fast and hard you were getting on the throttle at that final turn before the finish line in that practice video.

On another note, you got any pics how you wired your kit harness on the rear part of the bike? I was thinking of relocating the tip over sensor to the rear subframe instead of having it in the stock location, would seem like the harness would get chafed after a couple tail fairing removals, etc.
post #117 of 147 Old 11-08-2017, 08:08 PM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by moto316 View Post
Rrrrippin man, I about shat myself when I heard/saw how fast and hard you were getting on the throttle at that final turn before the finish line in that practice video.

On another note, you got any pics how you wired your kit harness on the rear part of the bike? I was thinking of relocating the tip over sensor to the rear subframe instead of having it in the stock location, would seem like the harness would get chafed after a couple tail fairing removals, etc.
I kept being pushed wide with the high winds during the weekend at that corner, I also take it in 1st gear so its a bit of a rodeo. Had changed to MWR airfilter and it seemed to make the bike feel a little more aggressive on corner exit and wheelie alot more than normal. I lose time in that corner so need to work on being able to use 2nd gear instead of 1st.

I just have the sensor zip tied in the center of the rear subframe but i have to be careful when installing the rear seat. A couple of the teammates have proper bracket made up for it, i'll see if i can get a pic of it and i need to get one made up for myself.
post #118 of 147 Old 11-12-2017, 03:16 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
I kept being pushed wide with the high winds during the weekend at that corner, I also take it in 1st gear so its a bit of a rodeo. Had changed to MWR airfilter and it seemed to make the bike feel a little more aggressive on corner exit and wheelie alot more than normal. I lose time in that corner so need to work on being able to use 2nd gear instead of 1st.

I just have the sensor zip tied in the center of the rear subframe but i have to be careful when installing the rear seat. A couple of the teammates have proper bracket made up for it, i'll see if i can get a pic of it and i need to get one made up for myself.
Cool, I'd appreciate that.

How you liking the chrome dash? Is it the plus or the lite model? Are you using the DANOS analysis software or something else?
post #119 of 147 Old 11-13-2017, 12:37 AM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by moto316 View Post
Cool, I'd appreciate that.

How you liking the chrome dash? Is it the plus or the lite model? Are you using the DANOS analysis software or something else?

Itís the Chrome plus and I have Lambda and suspensions potentiometers also, been using it on my S1000rr for the past couple years. Danas was a little difficult to use at first but the later versions of the software are a lot better now that it has more English than before.

post #120 of 147 Old 11-13-2017, 01:15 AM
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
The bar stops are a must have... Seen 2 more cracked frames this past weekend from bar ends hitting the frame during a crash, the frame is very thin in that area.
i have these also
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.