ZX10R Exhaust Servo Eliminator "How To" D.I.Y. Gen 1, 2, & 3 - Page 2 - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 99 Old 06-04-2012, 01:50 AM
Post Whore

Posting Frequency

the exhaust servo is a valve on an actuator that is controlled by the ECU. Its function is to supposed create addition backpressure at lower RPMs by slightly closing to restrict exhaust flow, opening in the midrange RPMs to allow full exhaust flow for the most power, and then close in the upper RPMs to reduce noise for the EPA and those other folks who dont like loud motorcycles. On a Gen 1, the servo is located in the header.

To disable the servo you can do a few things. 1, remove the exhaust valve entirely by installing a full exhaust system. 2, unhooking the cables that run to the valve so the servo cannot move it. 3 (an additional step to 2), unclip the servo motor and remove that and the cables that run to the exhaust valve.

This mod is designed to create the circuit that is completed by the servo motor so that the ECU does not tell the gauge cluster to flash an FI Error, as removing the servo motor will. Hells made it very cheap instead of having to buy one for 4 times what you would spend on this. It is however, slightly more expensive than the black electrical tape mod. The nice part is that this mod will let you get an FI light when something is actually wrong with the bike and not just for the servo so youd never know.

08 ZX6R Radial M/C ZG Sport Touring Windscreen CBR600RR Calipers BMC Street Filter
GP Shift Pattern DIY Mod Fender Eliminator Kit 16/44 Gearing Euro Flushmount Signals
Gauge Cluster Color DIY ModSoupy's Fully Adjustable Lowering Links HEL Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 99 Old 06-04-2012, 02:21 AM
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

Is there a DIY solution for Gen4???
post #13 of 99 Old 06-04-2012, 08:53 AM Thread Starter
Servo's Eliminatus ;)

Posting Frequency

The Black electrical tape mod Good one.
Thank you for explaining that for me bro.

As of yet for the Gen 4 :headshake You will have to have that done when you flash the ECU.
Trust me, If I can figure it out for the Gen 4, I will post it up.

So far I have one for the ZX10R's Gen 1-3, Z1000's & ZX6R's.

If your hair is short and nappy...
Afrosheen will make you happy.
Anyone remember that one from the 1970's ?

post #14 of 99 Old 06-04-2012, 09:10 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Dude! you rock! cant thank you enough for this thread! Did my FI light eliminator as per your instructions! works like a charm! especially the satisfaction of making my own component for the bike!
Rep sent!
post #15 of 99 Old 06-04-2012, 09:30 AM Thread Starter
Servo's Eliminatus ;)

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by brijesh600 View Post
Dude! you rock! cant thank you enough for this thread! Did my FI light eliminator as per your instructions! works like a charm! especially the satisfaction of making my own component for the bike!
Rep sent!
Glad it helped you out bro.
Which bike did you do it to?
I was looking at your list of bikes.
Was it the Z1000 or a ZX10R? And what year.

post #16 of 99 Old 06-04-2012, 10:37 AM
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
Thanks for the write up hellsrazor. I do believe I can find pretty much everything around here (Canada). I smell a little project coming up :)
post #17 of 99 Old 06-04-2012, 01:27 PM Thread Starter
Servo's Eliminatus ;)

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by zXtreme View Post
Thanks for the write up hellsrazor. I do believe I can find pretty much everything around here (Canada). I smell a little project coming up :)
Glad I could help you bro.

post #18 of 99 Old 06-04-2012, 03:32 PM Thread Starter
Servo's Eliminatus ;)

Posting Frequency

Mailed out another 2 of em today.

post #19 of 99 Old 06-04-2012, 04:55 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teeks View Post
I'm sorry, maybe its late or something, but I find that funny as hell

Hellrazor great write up, clear, and concise. Will be doing this project this week.

Thank you.
It's funny cause it true! Lol

And great write up

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Op- View Post
the exhaust servo is a valve on an actuator that is controlled by the ECU. Its function is to supposed create addition backpressure at lower RPMs by slightly closing to restrict exhaust flow, opening in the midrange RPMs to allow full exhaust flow for the most power, and then close in the upper RPMs to reduce noise for the EPA and those other folks who dont like loud motorcycles. On a Gen 1, the servo is located in the header.

To disable the servo you can do a few things. 1, remove the exhaust valve entirely by installing a full exhaust system. 2, unhooking the cables that run to the valve so the servo cannot move it. 3 (an additional step to 2), unclip the servo motor and remove that and the cables that run to the exhaust valve.

This mod is designed to create the circuit that is completed by the servo motor so that the ECU does not tell the gauge cluster to flash an FI Error, as removing the servo motor will. Hells made it very cheap instead of having to buy one for 4 times what you would spend on this. It is however, slightly more expensive than the black electrical tape mod. The nice part is that this mod will let you get an FI light when something is actually wrong with the bike and not just for the servo so youd never know.
Nice explanation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellsrazor View Post
Mailed out another 2 of em today.
Gonna be checking the box like it's Christmas. The motor servo finally threw the FI code last night. That shit is bright as hell...and annoying.
post #20 of 99 Old 06-06-2012, 08:32 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellsrazor View Post
Glad it helped you out bro.
Which bike did you do it to?
I was looking at your list of bikes.
Was it the Z1000 or a ZX10R? And what year.
Nope abondonded the z1000 project , did it for the zx10r (frst gen) works like a charm!!
i have seen write ups before, but hardly any of them provide good links to source the items, your thread really helped a lot especially for some one like me who has very limited electrical knowledge!
thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.