1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 Old 11-03-2016, 09:53 PM Thread Starter
EdM
Squid

Posting Frequency

Question ZX-10R ABS adjustable rearsets

Hello,

New here, my first post....I just got a 2016 ZX-10R ABS KRT Edition, love the bike but not totally comfortable with the footrest being so hi, also the footpeg is very aggressive and sharp, my riding boots did not like it either.

Anyone with the same problem? I like to get one of the adjustable rear sets but heard that I may will need replace the brake line?

Any do's and do not's would be appreciated.

I am not looking to race or ride it hard (heck, I still have my 1986 Ninja that I got new from dealer...that may give a hint how old I am ), but looking to get more comfort for my legs......

Thanks,

Ed
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 11-03-2016, 11:11 PM
Я - Ребенок Люциферов

Posting Frequency

I forced a Gen 4 vortex on my ABS gen 5.....but it was hard...
If i am not mistaken Vortex just came out with an ABS Gen 5 rear set. Riders Discount sell them the cheapest. but the spikes are sharp also. Hit mike from RD....

I think Moto D also have some for ABS...

WERA Novice 325 | CCS Novice 326 | The Nightmare of Summit Point

2016 ZX10R ABS (Street) | 2011 ZX10RR(Race) | 2011 R6 (Street & Track) | 2009 WR250F
GunnRunnaz.com|GR on FaceBook | www.2666ad.com|
post #3 of 12 Old 11-04-2016, 09:02 AM
Platinum Site Sponsor

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vonstallin View Post
I forced a Gen 4 vortex on my ABS gen 5.....but it was hard...
If i am not mistaken Vortex just came out with an ABS Gen 5 rear set. Riders Discount sell them the cheapest. but the spikes are sharp also. Hit mike from RD....

I think Moto D also have some for ABS...
Not out yet from Vortex, they are behind. Was initially due out middle of October, got pushed back...Guessing Christmas but who knows...I talk to them weekly about this.

Call MIKE at 866-931-6644 ext 804. Our business hours are Monday-Friday 9:30AM-6PM EST. Visit our website at Riders Discount.

Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube

post #4 of 12 Old 11-04-2016, 09:36 AM
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

Gilles Tooling have but not cheap.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Gilles.png
Views:	63
Size:	173.8 KB
ID:	385802  
post #5 of 12 Old 11-04-2016, 03:08 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
I replaced my gen 4 with sato rearsets and have been very happy with them. The spikes on the peg are sharp and pointy if you like that kind. Busted the bubble for my pair of airmax nike shoes riding with them.

They do have them for the gen 5 also in gold and black... Lots of adjustments can be made also with them.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Kawasaki_ZX10R_16_ReverseShiftRearSets_fit1.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	85.6 KB
ID:	385866   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kawasaki_ZX10R_16_RearSets_BK1_650x425.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	99.1 KB
ID:	385874   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kawasaki_ZX10R_16_ReverseRearSets_BK1_650x450.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	99.6 KB
ID:	385882  

2013 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10R

~Woolich ECU Flash/Log Box/AutoTune~Driven Block Off Plates~Woodcraft Frame sliders~Cox Radiator Guard~OEM Seat Cowl~Tinted Hotbodies Venom Windscreen~Lightech Chain Adjusters/Axle Sliders/Spools~Sato Rearsets/Race Hooks/Bar Ends/Reservoir Covers~Pazzo Shorty Levers~Engine Ice~Motodynamics Rear Turn Signals~Ohlins TTX MKII Rear Shock~R&G Case Savers~M4 Street Slayer Exhaust~Ohlins Race SCU~+1 -2 520 Driven Sprockets~520 DID Gold Chain~
post #6 of 12 Old 11-04-2016, 05:00 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

post #7 of 12 Old 11-04-2016, 05:00 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

post #8 of 12 Old 12-09-2016, 11:42 PM
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

Today I spoke to a rep at Attack Performance who confirmed the rearsets for the '16 ZX-10R were in stock and available now in Black and Gold. They are compatible with ABS bikes and GP shift/Standard shift. He also confirmed that the pegs can be placed up to 12mm higher OR lower than the stock peg position, and up to 24mm fore and aft either way from stock position. These sure as heck aren't cheap at $575 but worth it if they work well, I know Attack products are made top notch.. Also they can be found for as low as $500 from other vendors. Being 6'2 myself these are just what I need to get my feet in a better position, a bit lower and further back to create a bit more room in the cockpit. I ordered a set and will be reporting back once installed. Check out the link..
https://www.attackperformance.com/cg...&category=K121
I ordered from here..
http://www.superbikeunlimited.com/pr...-rearsets.html

2016 ZX-10R KRT

Last edited by zxfreak; 12-09-2016 at 11:50 PM.
post #9 of 12 Old 12-09-2016, 11:58 PM
tdh
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by belkins View Post
I replaced my gen 4 with sato rearsets and have been very happy with them. The spikes on the peg are sharp and pointy if you like that kind. Busted the bubble for my pair of airmax nike shoes riding with them.

They do have them for the gen 5 also in gold and black... Lots of adjustments can be made also with them.
There are Chinese knockoffs on Ebay that look identical to the Sato for a little over 100 bucks. I've actually purchased about 6 sets of them (4 bikes and a couple of extra sets due to crashes).

post #10 of 12 Old 12-10-2016, 07:06 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdh View Post
There are Chinese knockoffs on Ebay that look identical to the Sato for a little over 100 bucks. I've actually purchased about 6 sets of them (4 bikes and a couple of extra sets due to crashes).
If you wanted same grade alloy as Sato these guys do them in T7075 @ around $220USD not including shipping Kawasaki Diamond Rearsets
tdh likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.