Gen 5: 2016 -> Yoshimura Tail tidy - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
 1Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 Old 12-27-2017, 01:55 AM Thread Starter
Squid
 
BAKWHEELTANGO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 31
Posting Frequency
 
Yoshimura Tail tidy

Well.. I found this a bit frustrating.

1. The bracket isn't going to work with a Canadian license plate. It is made for US plates but make no mention of it on Revzilla.
Looks like I will end up punching holes though my plate and lying it over top of the nice Yosh frame.

LAME.

I would have returned it but I kind of killed the packaging when I opened it.

OOPS.

I bought a set of "CNC Racing" Led signals, $64 usd for the set. High quality! I had a set on my old z1000.

Ran into a bit of an issue when I realized that the Canadian license plate is going to cover half of my signal light.
Of couse, after I got it all together, I realized that I can flip the side brackets around... by putting the right one on the left side and visa-versa...
and this would push the signals out enough that the plate isn't covering them. :P

Important Question: Would I recommend this tail tidy - yes in the USA - no way for Canadian plates.

Anyhoo here's what it looks like.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20171226_193402.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	986.7 KB
ID:	409177   Click image for larger version

Name:	20171215_223255_001.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	1.78 MB
ID:	409185  
BAKWHEELTANGO is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 13 Old 12-27-2017, 07:41 AM
Track Day Rider
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 102
Posting Frequency
 
Look on ebay, I bought mine for $30.
cwrzx is online now  
post #3 of 13 Old 12-27-2017, 08:42 AM
Street Rider
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 98
Posting Frequency
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BAKWHEELTANGO View Post
Well.. I found this a bit frustrating.

1. The bracket isn't going to work with a Canadian license plate. It is made for US plates but make no mention of it on Revzilla.
Looks like I will end up punching holes though my plate and lying it over top of the nice Yosh frame.

LAME.

I would have returned it but I kind of killed the packaging when I opened it.

OOPS.

I bought a set of "CNC Racing" Led signals, $64 usd for the set. High quality! I had a set on my old z1000.

Ran into a bit of an issue when I realized that the Canadian license plate is going to cover half of my signal light.
Of couse, after I got it all together, I realized that I can flip the side brackets around... by putting the right one on the left side and visa-versa...
and this would push the signals out enough that the plate isn't covering them.

Important Question: Would I recommend this tail tidy - yes in the USA - no way for Canadian plates.

Anyhoo here's what it looks like.
I had one and sold it. It's heavy steal and has way to many bolts and nuts holding it together for my liking. Just seems like it's a one fits all bike afterthought.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
bbsteinnewyork is offline  
 
post #4 of 13 Old 12-27-2017, 01:34 PM
Squid
 
Sneekey10R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Nashville, Tn
Posts: 46
Posting Frequency
 
Send a message via AIM to Sneekey10R Send a message via MSN to Sneekey10R Send a message via Yahoo to Sneekey10R
I'd return it anyways if it were me. Packaging destroyed or not! It does look nice though.
Sneekey10R is offline  
post #5 of 13 Old 12-27-2017, 11:59 PM Thread Starter
Squid
 
BAKWHEELTANGO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 31
Posting Frequency
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneekey10R View Post
I'd return it anyways if it were me. Packaging destroyed or not! It does look nice though.
I know Revzila won't take it back and I really don't want to ship it all the way there for nothing. I will just mount it overtop. Lesson learned. :P
BAKWHEELTANGO is offline  
post #6 of 13 Old 12-31-2017, 12:25 AM
Street Rider
 
metalmechanic9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 56
Posting Frequency
 
TST Industries makes a nice one
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	006 (4).JPG
Views:	7
Size:	1.26 MB
ID:	409561   Click image for larger version

Name:	009 (2).JPG
Views:	7
Size:	1.31 MB
ID:	409569  
BAKWHEELTANGO likes this.
metalmechanic9 is offline  
post #7 of 13 Old 12-31-2017, 08:25 AM
Track Day Rider
 
brimal_rage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: WI
Posts: 238
Posting Frequency
 
Garage
why wont your plate work with the mount? anything specific would be helpful.

I own one of these myself but I live in the US so it fit great for me.

2011 ZX-10R Ebony
brimal_rage is offline  
post #8 of 13 Old 12-31-2017, 08:42 AM
WSB Rider
 
Victors's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Michigan
Posts: 601
Posting Frequency
 
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by brimal_rage View Post
why wont your plate work with the mount? anything specific would be helpful.

I own one of these myself but I live in the US so it fit great for me.
Canadian motorcycle plates are physically larger than the US plates..

2013 10R
2007 650R
2016 10R
Victors is offline  
post #9 of 13 Old 01-01-2018, 12:23 AM
Track Day Rider
 
brimal_rage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: WI
Posts: 238
Posting Frequency
 
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victors View Post
Canadian motorcycle plates are physically larger than the US plates..
I dont think the issue of size is the issue considering the yosh frame just sits over the top of the plate for the most part . As long as the bolt holes line up they should bolt together.

Or am I missing something to this?

2011 ZX-10R Ebony
brimal_rage is offline  
post #10 of 13 Old 01-01-2018, 11:04 AM
WSB Rider
 
Victors's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Michigan
Posts: 601
Posting Frequency
 
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by brimal_rage View Post
I dont think the issue of size is the issue considering the yosh frame just sits over the top of the plate for the most part . As long as the bolt holes line up they should bolt together.

Or am I missing something to this?
They don't, it's different

2013 10R
2007 650R
2016 10R
Victors is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome