Gen 5: 2016 -> Woolich Racing ECU flashing products are a go! - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
 126Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 538 Old 01-19-2016, 02:12 AM Thread Starter
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Woolich Racing ECU flashing products are a go!

Hey guys!

I finally got word that everything's a go in terms of the hardware. The software should be ready here soon as well. So, this is going to serve as a general info post as well as an interest thread.

I have to put my order in on Thursday evening to get the initial batch of hardware here stateside. I'm not asking for money, just gauging interest to get an idea of who needs what so I can order everything in advance and not get cleaned out in one day. :o)

First off, the new bike requires the new v3 interface we launched. No way around it. The new 10R/H2/H2-R ECU is a completely revised Mitsubishi ECU compared to the ones in the past years.

What's different about the v3 over the v2?
-Well first off it eliminates the pesky three position switch on the boxes. Simply a left or right position. Left is only used for firmware updates or resets while the right position will handle everything else. So no more toggling switches to changes mode as the software will now command the box what to do remotely and the box responds.
-Also it will give you access to diagnostics/FI codes in the software and the ability to clear them and reset any kind of learned values that get stored within the ECU.
-Various internal design changess and improvements.
-Everything you currently use with the v2 interface will work with the v3 interface seamlessly.

So here is individual pricing for the new 2016 ZX-10R components.
USB v3 Interface - $249
Log Box v3 Interface - $335 (No Log Box Pro v3 at the moment)
Kawasaki Type 13 Bench Harness - $100
Kawasaki Type 13 On-bike Harness (comes with one main harness and one extension harness) - $45
Kawasaki Type 13 Extension Harness (for additional on bike flashing and tuning) - $15
2016 Kawasaki ZX-10R bin file definition keys - $100/ea (kits below include one single bin file definition)

Complete USB v3 kits will be $394.
Complete Log Box v3 kits will be $704.
Remember... you guys get 10% off with me on the forums here provided you're a signed up member that has posted on the site (North America only, out of region customers have to order through their regional distributor).

Also if you guys currently have a V2 interface you can sell it to another user if you wanted. We are able to clear out the box registration on the v2 interface for the next user, we just need confirmation from both parties. In this case you'd have to purchase a new bin file definition for your ECU through the software. Also, if the user is completely offloading the entire kit or just the interface itself you may have to purchase a harness.

If you guys have a v1 interface from when Woolich first came around on the forums, those cannot be reassigned. Those have to stay with the same account that they are currently on.

If you want to just upgrade from the v2 to a v3 and you currently have another make/model, you definitely can. The harnesses and everything you currently have installed on the bike(s) or if you're using a bench harness, everything will work on the new v3 interface with zero issues. Same thing for your bin file definitions you have in your account, you won't lose any or need to use another to reflash your ECU with the new interface.

For those curious, this same hardware will also work on the H2/H2-R when we launch that in the software here before this spring in North America.

As far as what is in the software, at this time I do not know. I know Justin has been hard at work on this ECU damn near 24-7 for months getting everything he can out of it. As soon as I have access to the software, I will let everyone know what is available. As usual, there will be continued updates adding in new features as we unlock them or add them upon request.

Hopefully you guys are excited as we are! If you guys want me to preorder hardware for you, please put your info down in the thread as to what you want. This isn't a hard commitment and not binding. I am not asking for any deposits or pre-payments either. I pay for the hardware before hand and upfront, so if you decide you don't want something you order, no worries as it will go into inventory with everything else I carry and someone else will purchase it eventually.
Jnort_zx10r likes this.

Last edited by ZX10RArcher; 01-19-2016 at 11:41 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 538 Old 01-19-2016, 02:14 AM Thread Starter
GP Star

Posting Frequency

This post is to serve as a placeholder for potential orders so I can gauge what people need in the initial order.
I will add to this based on the posts in the forum. Hardware should be in hand some time next week (Tuesday/Wednesday). No money is expected at this time and the hardware will not be released until the software had been updated with the new 10R bin file definitions.

1) aarondato // Complete USB v3 kit Bike Side Type (Aarondato, if you're in Dubai, I can't sell to you. I'll PM you)
2) Thurman // complete USB V3 kit bike side
3) TDH // Unsure what kit

Last edited by ZX10RArcher; 01-19-2016 at 02:12 PM.
post #3 of 538 Old 01-19-2016, 02:19 AM
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
aarondato // Complete USB v3 kit Bike Side Type

post #4 of 538 Old 01-19-2016, 06:20 AM
Squid

Posting Frequency

Garage
Thurman // complete USB V3 kit bike side
post #5 of 538 Old 01-19-2016, 09:43 AM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
Hey if any of you Gen5 guys are parting ways with a complete USB V2 pkg for the Gen4 so you can buy the V3 send me a PM.

Can't cop cars without seeing cop cars!
post #6 of 538 Old 01-19-2016, 10:42 AM
REPOST Enforcement Mod

Posting Frequency

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levelz View Post
Hey if any of you Gen5 guys are parting ways with a complete USB V2 pkg for the Gen4 so you can buy the V3 send me a PM.
Yes, I may be doing just that!!! Stay tuned.

Archer, is the new v3 kit backwards compatible to the Gen 4 ECU? Or would you need both kits to reflash the G4 and G5?

I may not be perfect, but at least I don't ride a Suzuki.

Ridding the Internet of bad grammar, 1 post at a time.
#WordCrimes

post #7 of 538 Old 01-19-2016, 11:02 AM Thread Starter
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDork View Post
Yes, I may be doing just that!!! Stay tuned.

Archer, is the new v3 kit backwards compatible to the Gen 4 ECU? Or would you need both kits to reflash the G4 and G5?
Yes, the new v3 interface is backwards compatible. Just with the revised chipset inside the new ECUs for the Gen 5/H2/H2-R made it so the v2 interfaces wouldn't work with the older Mitsubishi ECUs.
post #8 of 538 Old 01-19-2016, 11:11 AM
REPOST Enforcement Mod

Posting Frequency

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZX10RArcher View Post
Yes, the new v3 interface is backwards compatible. Just with the revised chipset inside the new ECUs for the Gen 5/H2/H2-R made it so the v2 interfaces wouldn't work with the older Mitsubishi ECUs.
OK, well that's good news!

So, I hate to keep buggering up your thread with these questions, but maybe you could update your original post and I'll clean these up later. Can you break down the main differences between the v3 and v2 kits for guys upgrading from the G4 stuff like I would be doing? Is the G4 on bike harness the same? What about the bench harness? What's included in the complete v3 USB kit? And does the new BIN file definitions include the 3 ECUs as well?

Basically I need to know if I go with the complete v3 kit or if I just need the interface and BIN file definition and reuse my G4 on bike and bench harness.

And I'm currently using the older v1 style interface. Is that able to be resold similar to the v2 interface without issue?

#WordCrimes

Last edited by SkyDork; 01-19-2016 at 11:13 AM.
post #9 of 538 Old 01-19-2016, 11:29 AM Thread Starter
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDork View Post
OK, well that's good news!

So, I hate to keep buggering up your thread with these questions, but maybe you could update your original post and I'll clean these up later. Can you break down the main differences between the v3 and v2 kits for guys upgrading from the G4 stuff like I would be doing? Is the G4 on bike harness the same? What about the bench harness? What's included in the complete v3 USB kit? And does the new BIN file definitions include the 3 ECUs as well?

Basically I need to know if I go with the complete v3 kit or if I just need the interface and BIN file definition and reuse my G4 on bike and bench harness.

And I'm currently using the older v1 style interface. Is that able to be resold similar to the v2 interface without issue?
I'll update all of those question in the above post. Sorry, woke up in the middle of the night, saw the email and posted what info I had and went back to bed haha. Been touching it up since then. Once I update everything, feel free to clean up with the broom tidying up things.

As far as the v1 interface, no that cannot be resold and reassigned to another user. As soon as the v2 came out the v1s were locked to the original account because of some of the com port issues a very small margin of v1s experienced. This was done to prevent any sort of potential chain reaction from users experiencing those com port issues where they wouldn't stay assigned to the correct port.
post #10 of 538 Old 01-19-2016, 11:44 AM
REPOST Enforcement Mod

Posting Frequency

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZX10RArcher View Post
I'll update all of those question in the above post. Sorry, woke up in the middle of the night, saw the email and posted what info I had and went back to bed haha. Been touching it up since then. Once I update everything, feel free to clean up with the broom tidying up things.

As far as the v1 interface, no that cannot be resold and reassigned to another user. As soon as the v2 came out the v1s were locked to the original account because of some of the com port issues a very small margin of v1s experienced. This was done to prevent any sort of potential chain reaction from users experiencing those com port issues where they wouldn't stay assigned to the correct port.
Cool, take your time updating. No biggie, just wanting to get my questions out there. I'll clean the thread later for you to keep the discussions at bay. I know a discussion here wasn't what you intended.

That sucks about the v1 interface. Guess I'm stuck with that then.

#WordCrimes

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.