Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

Woolich Racing ECU flashing products are a go!

Gen 5: 2016-20 
127K views 590 replies 78 participants last post by  dudewhrsmybike 
#1 · (Edited)
#2 · (Edited)
This post is to serve as a placeholder for potential orders so I can gauge what people need in the initial order.
I will add to this based on the posts in the forum. Hardware should be in hand some time next week (Tuesday/Wednesday). No money is expected at this time and the hardware will not be released until the software had been updated with the new 10R bin file definitions.

1) aarondato // Complete USB v3 kit Bike Side Type (Aarondato, if you're in Dubai, I can't sell to you. I'll PM you)
2) Thurman // complete USB V3 kit bike side
3) TDH // Unsure what kit

#18 ·
I am interested.
I have two other friends who are waiting on there 2016 to come in and all three of us would be looking at Flashing the ECU..what would be the best way for us to save money and do this?

I guess I can wait on the list of changes in the software, but def would love the shifter to work in GP shift. I have switched it already but have not tried it yet.

#23 ·
I'd love to tell you, but that is going to hop a train to Badsville, USA ASAP. I'm not going to open up that can of worms which will surely lead to some heated discussions.

I'm not going to go into the differences between us and them, what we can do, what they can't do and vice versa. This thread is specifically related to Woolich Racing products.

Not trying to be coy, dismissive or rude, just don't want to head down that road is all. If you want a good comparison, talk to Mike at KWS Motorsports. He has used their product and ours and can give you an unbiased opinion.

#21 ·
I can't/won't go back to Road shift so if needs must I'll be removing the quickshifter until such time as it can.

#22 ·
Can't wait to here how this flash will work...

#27 ·
There is a post on psychobike about a guy close to me posting a before and after reflash of a stock GenV .93oct,flies in,stock exhaust,etc...

178.xx-192.xx... pretty nice increase

Now the full akra system is about 11lb lighter ,adds 10+rwhp(peak) to the bike without additional tuning...but look at how linear the curve is! The midrange is thick too....once uncorked and full of boltons she will rip,and if its setup on mr9 or e85... she is going to be a terror to all NA super/hyperbikes/.

#37 ·
So everything software wise should be good to go...

Currently working on (have been for a bit now) on the reverse shift as well as the auto-blip option. That will be coming in the second release of the software which should release soon along with some other key things.

Last night/this morning it was updated to get our extremely useful live engine data as well as our new diagnostics system. Live engine data is what it sounds like and is what lets you do on the dyno tuning or autotuning and data logging. The diagnostics system is new.

The new 10R loves to throw FI codes be it on the dyno or just installing stuff. This requires you either to go into the dealer to have them cleared with a KDS3 unit or do a procedure where you have to run the bike for 10-15 minutes keeping the coolant temp up and the bike above a certain speed. You have to do that 3-4x... Just to clear an FI code if you don't have a KDS3. So not very convenient at all and there is no more pulling the battery and resetting them. So waste an hour of your live or ride into the dealership once/if a code pops up... not anymore. It can be done directly through our software in a few clicks and a cycle of the key.

Simply open up the software and click on the diagnostics button
Text Font Line Screenshot

With the bike on and the USB or Log Box connected it, the software will put the box in diagnostics mode and connect to the bike and retrieve any current codes:
Black Sky Darkness Night Nature

Simply hit clear fault code and this pops up
Text Font Line Parallel

Turn the key off, let it sit for 10 seconds and turn it back on, hit okay and you're cleared!
Black Sky Darkness Night Nature

The software is live now so for those of you doing beta testing you can try it out (and are encouraged to do so). The website will be updated here soon with the new items/packages for the bikes. But remember, if you're a member on the forums here and order through me directly, I give you a 10% discount and likely cheaper shipping!

#38 ·
Products are live on the website!
2016 Kawasaki ZX10R ECU Flashing

The reverse shift is being implemented now and should be in the software in the next few days based on what I was told. But, things can and occasionally do pop up.

Also, here is a sample of the live engine data update that went live today:
https://www.facebook.com/WoolichRacing/videos/1108035855895778/

Contact me if interested! Remember, you guys get a 10% discount so the entry level flashing/tuning kit is $354.60 and the data logger auto tune setup is $633.60!

#39 · (Edited)
Hot damn......
SOLD !

lol ive been debating, but that is selling me on it.

1. edit...
saw on the site i can buy a bin file if i have multiple bikes....

will this also work on the gen 4? meaning can I buy a gen 4 bin file and use this hardware to dial my gen 4 and gen 5 ?

2. Also....
If i take this to my local dyno tuning shop...they should be able to input the fuel maps using this, directly into my OEM ECU right?
Meaning the fuel input graph should be similar to PC5 and Bazzaz or something most experienced dyno shops would know what to do?

3. edited.....saw the RPM part on the website.

4. Auto Tune/Data Loger....
So is this a built in system that will tell how much off the fuel map is like a Bazzaz Auto Tune?

I have more questions, just not sure how to ask them lol...
I guess I want to know the biggest difference between the standard package and the wideband package....and if its worth getting the wide band or standard.

#40 ·
Vons,

Give me a call in the AM, usually with that many questions it is better to go over everything one by one over the phone.

I'm usually in from 9/10AM-5PM CST with a small break in there around 330PM-4PM to make my daily post office run.

If I don't answer, leave a voicemail. I pop back in and check it once I get back in once I finish work on someone else's bike or my own or I am busy taking the dogs out to bathroom.

-Anthony

#41 ·
lol....I thought about that also...
I had to do a side by side of both packages to get clarity.
My eyes kept skipping items in one package.
Thats why I had the heavy edit to my post lol

#46 ·
The auto-tune feature sounds interesting.

How does it interface with the ecu and its internal fuel maps?

Open or closed loop system?

>:)

It's auto tune. By definition that means closed loop. There's no such thing as an open loop auto tune.:idea:

#47 ·
Did some reading on the fourm about this auto tuner. :idea:

Its a piggy back data collector that doesn't actively change trims.

Not a closed loop system. :headshake:

Nice bit of kit btw.

Out of interest has anyone used Woolich with a
Innovate fuel controller/data-logger ?

LC-2 Wideband O2 Digital Air/fuel Ratio Controller

PL-1: Pocket Logger, Innovate MTS Datalogger

I'm sure the Zeitronix ZT-3 Wideband O2 Controller is fine but wondering if we have a choice for fuel controllers/ data loggers?

#48 ·
Did some reading on the fourm about this auto tuner. :idea:

Its a piggy back data collector that doesn't actively change trims.

Not a closed loop system. :headshake:

Nice bit of kit btw.

Out of interest has anyone used Woolich with a
Innovate fuel controller/data-logger ?

LC-2 Wideband O2 Digital Air/fuel Ratio Controller

PL-1: Pocket Logger, Innovate MTS Datalogger

I'm sure the Zeitronix ZT-3 Wideband O2 Controller is fine but wondering if we have a choice for fuel controllers/ data loggers?

So, it sounds like you're confusing a couple of different products. DynoJet offers an auto-tune kit for their Power Commander. It's similar to the Woolich kit in the fact that it auto-tunes. The Woolich kit is way more functional and way better than the DynoJet stuff. Bazzaz also has a completing product. ALL of them are piggyback units. The Power Commander and Bazzaz alter the ECU signal inbetween the ECU and the fuel injectors. The Woolich modifies the ECU directly.

ALL of them are closed loop systems. They HAVE to be. Closed-loop only means that there is a feedback sensor in the exhaust so it can sense the output from the fueling changes and know how to correct them. You CAN NOT auto-tune with an open loop system. Open loop means there's no feedback and is already how the US models come from the factory. The ECU uses prediction logic to set the fueling and that's it.

Open-loop/closed-loop has nothing to do with the way the fuel trims get applied. If you have to acknowledge them first and save the recommended values off - it's still a closed loop system. If the fuel trim changes real-time without user intervention - it's still a closed-loop system.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.