WHAT The......F - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 Old 03-15-2017, 11:39 PM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

WHAT The......F

Had big install day yesterday. Block off plates. Removed ais, removed exup cables and exhaust, mounted graves slip onand installed woolich hardware..everything accordingly spent 1.5 hrs double checking and reassuring i was good to go. Noticed low beam wasnt working but high beam was didnt pay it any mind thought ballast was acting up the HID kit is off my triumph about 2 yrs old. Today both headlights not working started forum surfing found 15a fuse is blown swapped it out started bike no headlight removed the fuse blown again ok replaced it. Now bike wont turn over wtf...removed the fuse blown again reinstalled oem bulbs still wont crank. Noticing a sort of snap from the rear everytime i start the bike not sure if normal never paid attention but now a 15a fuse for headlights leads to bike not starting...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 Old 03-16-2017, 12:01 AM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Turn the key fuel pump and everything else comes on check engine light stays on with the red light under it. Hooked up laptop dont see any codes. The popping still happens when i turn the key
post #3 of 24 Old 03-16-2017, 07:19 AM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

the fuse is blowing for a reason, either an overage or a short. 15a is a fairly big fuse to blow, I wonder if itís possible you damaged something else electrical further up the circuit? Have you checked the regular / other fuses?

post #4 of 24 Old 03-16-2017, 09:03 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

I'd check and replace all the fuses
Disconnect the ballasts
Try starting it up and then troubleshoot from there
I have the service manual in PDF if you need so you can see how the electrical is laid out, let me know if you need it.

ME Motorsports, Inc. Exclusive North American Distributor of Woolich Racing products. Official MotoGyro Vision , Zeitronix, Brock's Performance, Core Moto and MWR filtration products vendor.
For a special ZX-10R.net discount on Woolich Racing products, please private message me!

|| Facebook || Website || 701.212.1130 || NorthAmerica@WoolichRacing.com ||
post #5 of 24 Old 03-16-2017, 09:50 AM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nfamous60 View Post
Noticing a sort of snap from the rear everytime i start the bike
This is probably starter relay "snap". Measure if voltage gets to starter, if not then see service manual electrical diagrams and measure if you have voltage at relay coil when start button is pressed.
Headlight fuse cannot affect anything other than main fuse, but that must be ok since fuel pump works.

Gen4 race: high spec.
Suzuki GSX1300R Hayabusa 2013: stock.
Kawasaki KX450F 2016: love it.
post #6 of 24 Old 03-16-2017, 12:28 PM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by smurfslayer View Post
the fuse is blowing for a reason, either an overage or a short. 15a is a fairly big fuse to blow, I wonder if it?s possible you damaged something else electrical further up the circuit? Have you checked the regular / other fuses?
Checked the other fuses nothing out of place. Always unhook negative terminal for all work i do on the bike. Archer said hids do bug with the zx10 not sure i put a 30a in there to see what happenes. Wondering if all hids are universal or if the kit feom my daytona is to much for the zx10.
post #7 of 24 Old 03-16-2017, 12:32 PM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos76 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nfamous60 View Post
Noticing a sort of snap from the rear everytime i start the bike
This is probably starter relay "snap". Measure if voltage gets to starter, if not then see service manual electrical diagrams and measure if you have voltage at relay coil when start button is pressed.
Headlight fuse cannot affect anything other than main fuse, but that must be ok since fuel pump works.
Got the bike started i hooked my truck up to the bike let the battery sit for a few minutes after that i jumped the starter relay bike started right fine left everything alone and let the bike just run for 15mins. Unhooked the cables turned bike off and it fired right back up. Not sure what the issue is still, but shes running no warning lights and headlights working again well the high beam working low isnt think the ballast is acting up if i cant get it going swapping my old bulbs in
post #8 of 24 Old 03-16-2017, 02:19 PM
Squid

Posting Frequency

Is it possible during Woolich install that something got wired incorrectly? This sounds like a bad ground?
post #9 of 24 Old 03-16-2017, 02:43 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Garage
I wouldn't be putting a 30amp fuse I would be trying to find what caused that 15a to blow!you have connected something wrong or jammed a wire when mounting everything up!start from the beginning and triple check all connections!the 15a blowing like that is that feed is overloaded!the feed has been crushed and earthing out!or you have connected something wrong in your travels today!DONT just start putting higher amp fuses in that's when wires can melt mate
ZX10RArcher and smurfslayer like this.
post #10 of 24 Old 03-16-2017, 02:53 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee#144 View Post
Is it possible during Woolich install that something got wired incorrectly? This sounds like a bad ground?
Unlikely. The wiring install is pretty straightforward KDS connector to KDS connector on Type 13a harness, extension to ECU pin and back to Type 13a harness. He has sucessfully flashed his ECU so if something was stuffed up in the install he wouldn't have been able to flash the ECU or encountered issues.

I think there is something that got pinched during the block off install and is grounding out or else he has a problem with the ballasts either too high of wattage say 55W vs 35W or a problem internally with one of them especially if it is a lower quality kit. I asked him to disconnect the HID ballasts and see what happens. *Shrug*

ME Motorsports, Inc. Exclusive North American Distributor of Woolich Racing products. Official MotoGyro Vision , Zeitronix, Brock's Performance, Core Moto and MWR filtration products vendor.
For a special ZX-10R.net discount on Woolich Racing products, please private message me!

|| Facebook || Website || 701.212.1130 || NorthAmerica@WoolichRacing.com ||
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.