3K views 15 replies 7 participants last post by  Matteson 
#1 ·
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
Now i need to prime and paint next. Anybody know where to get the paint from and what is the a good method for painting those areas? I was thinking a rattle can of primer and let it dry then rattle the black. Sound about right?

See less See more
#10 ·
I have spotted in one of these frames before and it turned out perfect. There is some little tricks for that to happen.. When you buy the paint form Color Rite be sure and buy the clear that they specify for it and get the reducer for it from them as well. What I learned when I was doing this was the trick is in the clear coat when it comes to matching the texture of the factory clear.. The stuff Color Rite sells sprays out as thin as water and that's the key to matching the repaired spot. Most automotive clears ( at least the ones I've had experience with) spray out tooo thick making it impossible to match the repair perfect. I had to do this 2 or 3 times before I was satisfied it was perfect and I think had I used the Color Rite clear the first shot out it would have been a 1 shot deal.. But I cut a corner and tied using some clear I already had with a flattener added which looked like ass..

#13 ·
Hey, who did the welding on it ?? Cause I could easily see under cut, pin holes, and unstead speed when laying in the bead. Also, was the crack grinded and stress relief holes drilled.

#14 ·
A family friend of mine. He's been through a vo-tech school as well as a union trade school. The pin holes are from the metal being dirty. They are what they are. The cracks were ground out then cleaned with acetone. Ya we talked about drilling a hole but we decided it wasn't necessary since this isn't a cast piece of metal he is working on. He had to use a lot of filler and from the looks of it he didn't get it too hot which is good. I'm happy with it. I've seen a lot worse hold a lot more.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.