Gen 4: 2011-2015 Want some guidance, more power.. - Page 3 - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
 27Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 30 Old 01-26-2018, 04:00 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by F SANE IL View Post
So, all the guys I'm recently riding with now have 2017/2018 S1000RR and .... new 2017 ZX10. I need/want to keep up or pass these guys on my 2011 ZX10R.
Not possible without waaaaaay toooooo much engine work.
Find gen5 engine, raise it's compression. Heared that it fits mechanically, gen4 tb into gen5 boots and keeping gen4 electronics needs sorting the gear position sensor.

Gen4 race: high spec.
Suzuki GSX1300R Hayabusa 2013: stock.
Kawasaki KX450F 2016: love it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 30 Old 01-26-2018, 05:00 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZX10RArcher View Post
* Degree the cams (don't waste the money on the KRT ones)
Is there any benefit on a stock engine? If so, any degree recommendations for a Gen 4?
post #23 of 30 Old 01-27-2018, 12:31 AM
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

Why don't you buy a Busa? Or some other straight liner bike. Why have a sport bike if you only use it to drag race? I am glad I don't have the problem of finding twisty roads or a track to get my jollies. Aren't sport bikes meant to be fast around turns? Most of the time I can't use all the power of my stock gen 4 in the tight canyons around my home. If you have not geared it down to -1/ +2 or similar yet , you are missing the point.
Sneekey10R likes this.

post #24 of 30 Old 01-27-2018, 01:56 AM Thread Starter
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

I got it. I guess I'll make a new post on clutch or search.....
post #25 of 30 Old 01-27-2018, 04:07 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Prophet View Post
Why don't you buy a Busa? Or some other straight liner bike. Why have a sport bike if you only use it to drag race? I am glad I don't have the problem of finding twisty roads or a track to get my jollies. Aren't sport bikes meant to be fast around turns? Most of the time I can't use all the power of my stock gen 4 in the tight canyons around my home. If you have not geared it down to -1/ +2 or similar yet , you are missing the point.
Don't knock a guy for having fun racing his friends in a straight line. I do the same thing all The time and I go to the Dragon at least once a year. These bikes are so much more than just single purpose bikes.
realpsi, Schooley and gaz like this.

2013 10R
2007 650R
2016 10R
post #26 of 30 Old 01-28-2018, 06:15 PM
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by F SANE IL View Post
So, all the guys I'm recently riding with now have 2017/2018 S1000RR and I believe one guy who I haven't seen yet, has the new 2017 ZX10. I need/want to keep up or pass these guys on my 2011 ZX10R. Not sure what I'm searching for here to avoid asking directly what I can do/upgrade for more power/faster. If there are threads I can be pointed to or if anyone can just give me some pointers, that would be great.

Really all I have in terms of upgrades which don't necessarily help is BMC air filter, ECU flashed by Archer a while back, and TaylorMade exhaust. I know that maybe a full system would be a benefit, not sure that I'd want to swap the Taylor exhaust since I love the look. Can I use "Better/Different" headers for more performance? What else can I do with bolt-ons without touching the motor? I'm thinking Dyno would help, any recommendations in the NYC or NJ area where I'm close to?
Note: If I must dive into the motor, what's first, the cam, like on a car motor?

Also, I'm going to replace the clutch, any solid recommendations? I've read installations of different brands, but all of them were mainly at the point of install. I saw that EBC for instance doesn't have different friction plates like the stock clutch does. Any difference in that?

So, I'm hoping to have all this done while its down time right now and since hopefully I may see a dollar from the tax returns, hoping might have a few pennies to spend on parts.

Thanks in advance everyone.
Enjoy what you have and compete against yourself utilizing all the power and launching better, and cornering faster. You have nothing to prove to anyone. Be content with what you have cause some people would wish to be you.

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk
post #27 of 30 Old 01-29-2018, 02:38 PM
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

I race my buddies in a straight line sometimes but even then it comes down to rider skills. Launch skills and shifting skills mainly. Gearing will get you more competitive for the least amount of money. It is usually 1st, 2nd and a little third gear on the street. After that it is a BIG BUST for excessive speed coming away from a stop light racing.
post #28 of 30 Old 01-30-2018, 10:02 PM
The Pace

Posting Frequency

Not the bike, it's you:

have to take classes here:

https://superbikeschool.com/

read this;

read Code's book about 1000 times and slowly apply techniques.

Do NOT waste money or time trying to get the bike to do whatever; start with you, THEN make adjustments on whatever.

Ask Code your question.
post #29 of 30 Old 01-31-2018, 08:43 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by bun1t View Post
Is there any benefit on a stock engine? If so, any degree recommendations for a Gen 4?
yes!!!!!!
post #30 of 30 Old 02-11-2018, 02:13 PM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

To me buying a Gen5 would ask the same mods:
Flash ECU, put PowerCommanderV .. full set, except the ignition module, on top of it
0.6mm headgasket with cam timing
use 2.5 inch exhaust, from the header out the back without the cat.. like the WSBK guys dont use a short pipe.
Sprocket the beast as you like

a stock 2017 S1000RR is fast but the Gen4 needs only a slight kick to be there ....

then for fun I drive a british racing green MINI Cooper S
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.