Gen 5: 2016 -> Vortex rearsets for Gen5 - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By BAKWHEELTANGO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 01-18-2018, 02:30 PM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Vortex rearsets for Gen5

Hey guys, has anyone tried the new Vortex V3 rearsets for Gen5? I'm not talking about Gen4 V2 rearsets converted for Gen5 like many people have done because Vortex didn't have Gen5 model available until fall of 2017.

From pictures and videos, they're very different to the Gen4 V2 design we're all used to. It seems to have an extra mechanism to convert it to GP shift without having to flip the shift knuckle. Has anyone tried them yet? Looking for feedback on usability and reliability.

https://www.vortexracing.com/shop/pr...35/1924/28/53/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 02-12-2018, 03:51 PM
Squid

Posting Frequency

I just got a set and installed the left side this weekend.

Definitely the most complicated rear sets I've ever installed. Not in a negative way, they just have a bunch of hardware when compared to their older models.
Yes, you can run either standard or GP shift with the OEM shift sensor, no reprogramming necessary, just bolt on the additional rocker and links to convert to GP shift.

The peg adjustability is also different from their older models. Gone is the array of machined holes. Now they use 2 hole locations and a pivoting bracket that gives you different locations.

Biggest gripe is that you'll have to remove the rear sets from the chassis to make any adjustments. Not hard to do, but it's an extra inconvenience.

On the plus side, they hit the price point again, and still have the same Vortex quality and sturdiness that I've come to expect from them. I'll have the bike out on the track in 2 weeks, if I come up with any big observations, I'll post an update.
post #3 of 7 Old 02-13-2018, 03:23 AM
Squid

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanister View Post
Hey guys, has anyone tried the new Vortex V3 rearsets for Gen5? I'm not talking about Gen4 V2 rearsets converted for Gen5 like many people have done because Vortex didn't have Gen5 model available until fall of 2017.

From pictures and videos, they're very different to the Gen4 V2 design we're all used to. It seems to have an extra mechanism to convert it to GP shift without having to flip the shift knuckle. Has anyone tried them yet? Looking for feedback on usability and reliability.

Hey Lanister,
I just mounted mine... there's a couple threads going on it now. here's one :Adjustable Rearsets?
Yes there's an extra mechanism to mount them. The instructions are nonexistant - but they supply a great diagram - you have to figure out the order as you go along.
Don't worry though... I'm not a mech wizard and I was able to do it.

here's some pictures.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20180210_144954.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	1.30 MB
ID:	412314   Click image for larger version

Name:	20180210_145139.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	957.7 KB
ID:	412322  
Lanister likes this.

post #4 of 7 Old 02-14-2018, 06:20 PM
The Pace

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanister View Post

Those are junk. And I like most vortex stuff. I'm assuming g5 sets are same as g4 sets, which are most excellent.

Been there with those on other supers: boots slip off; not so with g4 sets.
post #5 of 7 Old 02-14-2018, 06:22 PM
The Pace

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAKWHEELTANGO View Post
Hey Lanister,
I just mounted mine... there's a couple threads going on it now. here's one :Adjustable Rearsets?
Yes there's an extra mechanism to mount them. The instructions are nonexistant - but they supply a great diagram - you have to figure out the order as you go along.
Don't worry though... I'm not a mech wizard and I was able to do it.

here's some pictures.
I luv that newer graves; good luck on the rearsets
post #6 of 7 Old 02-14-2018, 07:28 PM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Graves makes excellent stuff but 700 bucks for rearsets? cmon now...
post #7 of 7 Old 02-15-2018, 12:46 AM
Squid

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by scout View Post
I luv that newer graves; good luck on the rearsets
please excuse if I misunderstood that... The version I have for my GEN5 has some awesome knurling.
Just as good as my woodcraft rearsets. Haven't slipped in 25 trackdays.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.