Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

Velocity Stacks

12K views 17 replies 9 participants last post by  mpp12 
#1 ·
Has anyone been able to find velocity stacks for the Gen5s?
No luck so far on my end.

#5 ·
Damn they look sexy. A little pricey... but sexy. MSRP: $315 or so. Looks like they increase horsepower for the gen5's on the dyno by up to 2HP. If someone were trying to compare dicks on dyno sheets these might be the move.

#6 · (Edited)
Oh, sweet! A Motomaxx Velocity stack thread! There hasn't been one of these in about 3 years! Someone needs to start a Group Buy for these!!! :crackup:

FYI, this topic dates back to the 2015 timeframe. These Motomaxx carbon fiber stacks were bought by a lot of the guys here (including me) on the initial Group Buy. The feedback that was provided by some reputable members here showed that the claims offered by the guy building these is a bit exaggerated. Don't expect these to drop-in and gain you anything. On the Gen 4, there were some minimal gains to be had if tuned for it properly. But again, the consensus was these velocity stacks are not worth the time and effort for the minimal gains from them. The Kawi engineers did a good job on the OEM ones!

After I put mine in, my butt-dyno registered a throttle response improvement. The guys trying these on the dynos did not concur. And there were a lot of disappointed people. I removed them before I traded my G4 and another member wanted them to play around. I sold them for cheap so he could see what he could get out of them. So did pretty much everyone who got them on the Group buy! They do look neat though!

Reactions: ZX1KZ
#7 · (Edited)
#9 ·
Not only that, but why are they made in carbon fiber? What's the point of forcing a higher price on a part that would have negligible if no weight savings and no visual appeal?

#10 ·
Uh, have you not been paying attention here? They're CARBON FIBER! What else needs to be said? That is the lightest, strongest, and most advanced space-age polymer out there! It only makes sense to make these out of carbon! They look great! After these go on the bike, the only thing that's needed is a clear plexiglass airbox so that these can be seen and admired for the carbon weave pattern! Worth the price! :drool:

Mind you, since I sold my set of these, I'm just going to throw some Kawi green paint on my OEM ones so that they match the color scheme. :wink:

:idea:

#12 ·
I seen a very small gain on my gen4 after tuning with them vs tuned without. I bought skydorks stacks for much less than retail and I feel like it was worth while. You need a modder bike, more specifically a modded engine to really see a gain. I've yet to see any real info for the gen5 stacks to say but I'd assume they would be better suited for the 5th gen setup anyway.

If I can get a set for much less than 300+, I'd be pretty willing to try them.

#16 ·
I was the guy who put it on the dyno and didn't see any gains with the motomaxx stacks on a basic bolt on gen 4. I now have woolich and some headwork and with the logs that woolich provides I'd be tempted to try the stacks again to see if I gained any acceleration speed on the street, say a 40-140 roll or something like that.

For a basic bolt on bike though I wouldn't waste my money.

#18 ·
seen some test in 19 bike, have shown gains even from 16-18 stacks, motomaxx make more power...
I know that EDR is testing some
2wheeldyno, have some but you have to do some special tuning (cylinder by cylinder tune), I bet you gain even by doing that along.... so....
Jetprime has some and has a youtube video...

Looks like gen5 stacks show promise...

gen4, I tested lots of inventions and stock was best, and all my combos gains where marginals..

To be clear, if you have not hold a gen5 in your hand and a gen4, those heads look very diferent...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.