Traction control question - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
 5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 Old 12-28-2017, 06:48 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

Traction control question

HI I'm new to litre bikes and TC, when i have the TC in say 3 does it hold the bike back? In warm dry conditions as i was feeling more confident I switched TC to 1 and the the bike felt a little more responsive. It may just be in my head as things come together.

As this is all new to me I'm trying to educate my self without binning the bike.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 Old 12-28-2017, 07:19 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
In your head... tc3 is very intrusive. Mine is usually on 1.

2013 10R
2007 650R
2016 10R
post #3 of 21 Old 12-29-2017, 01:02 AM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
Power modes will change the responsiveness, the traction control will just hold back the power to prevent the front wheel from coming up or the rear wheel from spinning.

2015 ZX10R
2016 ZX14R SE

post #4 of 21 Old 12-29-2017, 02:55 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Garage
My power is always on "Full"and Track control changers with my circumstances!get your head around both options so you no how it reacts otherwise if you are "new"to litre bikes you could end up with big bite marks on your ass for weeks
post #5 of 21 Old 12-29-2017, 05:58 PM
The Pace

Posting Frequency

On g4 tc default is one; I leave it on one but did go thru a period of a few thousand miles on full and never noticed anything. For the TC to come on it takes either wet non riding conditions or stupid throttle work in the turn or just messing around, in my case; but the point is that it takes a lot of messing around to ignite tc on g4. Possible the hard power 4 tires may force tc to come on but doubt it as this bike as np problem spinning the rear if coming off throttle easy to keep outta trouble.

If you're used to 600's you won't have a prob with the 10r; bike is solid and will quickly let you know if you're doing it wrong: ie, you sweat whatever. Get this book:

Read it 1000 times and apply techniques and principles until it sinks in.

Last edited by scout; 12-29-2017 at 06:01 PM.
post #6 of 21 Old 12-30-2017, 08:22 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

Thanks for the replies, I think as i feel more comfortable i'm getting more out of the bike. I spent a lot of time on track and road and throttle use is good. Probably more in my head as i explore different power options.

Got caught in the rain for 150km trip, RS10s worked quite well with only the odd rear twitch. Very impressed.

Read twist of the wrist and visiting CSS in Feb
scout likes this.
post #7 of 21 Old 01-04-2018, 05:22 PM
The Pace

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soidogbob View Post
Thanks for the replies, I think as i feel more comfortable i'm getting more out of the bike. I spent a lot of time on track and road and throttle use is good. Probably more in my head as i explore different power options.

Got caught in the rain for 150km trip, RS10s worked quite well with only the odd rear twitch. Very impressed.

Read twist of the wrist and visiting CSS in Feb
Read Code's book 1000 times. Not once. Use it like a research book that has an index; but don't need an index in Code's book as short.

Know the road; if not, dork it several times. Anything that feels off on the bike, there's a reason: then sort it with Code. Superbike classes are perfect but best to dial in with your bike then use Code's rr's; all helps learning but bottom line is that you really have to ride street everyday and do it without upsetting cagers.

Get the techmount fork mount with the tpx radar with wireless helmet insert, if legal in your area.

Remember: faster the flick faster the turn. END OF STORY!
post #8 of 21 Old 01-05-2018, 07:51 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

With TC set to 1 the bike is still held back especially when the front wheel comes off the ground. It may only be up by 1” but the bike will cut power to bring it down. TC mode 3 will feel like you’re tossing out a boat anchor and is quite intrusive and abrupt.

Best to play around on the track where conditions are predictable and you can repeat the same scenario. Flip through the modes and you’ll clearly see their affect.

Or just read a book lol.
post #9 of 21 Old 01-05-2018, 08:34 AM
tdh
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

The first thing I do when I get on the bike is turn all that crap off.
turtle1000 and belkins like this.

post #10 of 21 Old 01-05-2018, 03:20 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdh View Post
The first thing I do when I get on the bike is turn all that crap off.
Thatís the best way! That way you can tune your electronics properly. If you donít know how the bike reacts with it all off then itís pretty hard to use the aids properly.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in