Thinking of Moving to New R1 - Page 2 - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
 11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 32 Old 05-15-2017, 08:16 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Never think of a gsxr 1000 r suppose to be equivalent to the S1000 rr and a little bit better. Something to let R1 in the dust.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 32 Old 05-15-2017, 08:30 PM Thread Starter
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninja_12r2000 View Post
Never think of a gsxr 1000 r suppose to be equivalent to the S1000 rr and a little bit better. Something to let R1 in the dust.
I'm sure its good but I NEVER buy the first year of a redesign.
obijack likes this.
post #13 of 32 Old 05-16-2017, 08:27 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninja_12r2000 View Post
The jury is still out on that. On paper the gsxr-r should be great, but it only uses the imu for braking from what I have read. Doesn't come with braided brake lines. And why should one have to buy the "upgraded" model to get what the gen5 offers in their "base" model. I am looking forward to all the comparisons between the new gsxr, cbr1000rr, and everything else. Maybe compare the gsxr-r, cbr1000rr sp1, zx10rr, and r1m and see what they come up with.

Also OP, I think electronics on the gen5 zx10 are as good if not better than the R1. One other thing I forgot to mention is being able to adjust engine breaking on the gen5 where you cannot do that on the R1. But man, when we go to the track my buddies 2015 R1 with akra cat delete is the loudest bike by far. Sounds like a v8 kinda.

2016 Kawasaki ZX10R KRT ABS
2016 Suzuki GSX-S 1000 ABS

post #14 of 32 Old 05-16-2017, 12:29 PM Thread Starter
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by obijack View Post
The jury is still out on that. On paper the gsxr-r should be great, but it only uses the imu for braking from what I have read. Doesn't come with braided brake lines. And why should one have to buy the "upgraded" model to get what the gen5 offers in their "base" model. I am looking forward to all the comparisons between the new gsxr, cbr1000rr, and everything else. Maybe compare the gsxr-r, cbr1000rr sp1, zx10rr, and r1m and see what they come up with.

Also OP, I think electronics on the gen5 zx10 are as good if not better than the R1. One other thing I forgot to mention is being able to adjust engine breaking on the gen5 where you cannot do that on the R1. But man, when we go to the track my buddies 2015 R1 with akra cat delete is the loudest bike by far. Sounds like a v8 kinda.
I can't comment on the Gen V's electronics since I haven't tried it but the R1's are fantastic. I like the discrete WC which AFAIK is not available on any other bike other than Aprilia (been there and not going back).

The engine braking can be adjusted on the R1 with a re-flash. KWS can do that along with all the usual things a re-flash brings, add additional switch for an autoblipper, and dyno tune for about $1100. The bike I rode had all this done and it was fantastic!
post #15 of 32 Old 05-16-2017, 12:35 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

think your mind is made....

I honestly think there is no bad bike (except the honda piece of sh)... suzuki, yamaha or kawa... all good choices.
post #16 of 32 Old 05-16-2017, 12:52 PM
Squid

Posting Frequency

Good day OP.

I am a current 2015 R1 owner and in the market of trading it to a 2017 ZX10r. I held back on trading it because i thought i can sort get a better feedback from changing suspension and getting a fuel controller. I was holding back because it was revised and i don't wanted to happen the transmission problem on new year models. But what made my decision is the same as Obijack said. The new 10R parts wise is cheaper and better out of the box.
post #17 of 32 Old 05-16-2017, 04:30 PM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
I know everyones budget is different but could you swing just keeping the 4th gen and buying the R1 as a second bike? pretty sure i have seen you floating around the Aprilia forum so you might already have two bikes but the way i see it is the resale on the 4th gens are so low you might as well just keep it.
post #18 of 32 Old 05-16-2017, 05:11 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

The KEBC can be manipulated on the dash no need for a flash for that. If you get the kawi racing ecu you can custom set KEBC to suit your engine braking needs. One thing i forgot to mention is the R1 already has two different settings for the quick shifter. Where the zx10r you have to get woolich or the like to adjust it. It just has off or on. But seriously get what you like more. That is the bottom line. Both are great bikes. I love the 2016 R1 60th anniversary model personally. That would be the one i would get.

2016 Kawasaki ZX10R KRT ABS
2016 Suzuki GSX-S 1000 ABS
post #19 of 32 Old 05-16-2017, 05:54 PM
Squid

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by bidwell427 View Post
I can't comment on the Gen V's electronics since I haven't tried it but the R1's are fantastic. I like the discrete WC which AFAIK is not available on any other bike other than Aprilia (been there and not going back).
Not trying to derail, but curious what it was about Aprilia why you wouldn't return? Was it Piaggio? I was dead set on picking up a white 2017 ZX10R, but found a great deal on a leftover 2016 RSV4 RR.
post #20 of 32 Old 05-16-2017, 06:26 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

If all bikes were the same price new and same price for parts then i think id have the aprilia. Then the r1 then a zx10.
I hate the suzuki.
Honda looks nice.
But they are not all the same price so if you can get a bike thats virtually the same performance but saves you money in the long run then the zx10 will always sell well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.