Things I have discovered since taking the intake flap out:
I did not change anything about the ecu and I left the mechanism that closed the flap connected to the system, it just doesn't close anything anymore. Stock exhaust with the exhaust flap disconnected too.
1) The shift light I had set at 13200 is no longer valid, bikes pulls hard all the way to rev limit with no decrease in power.
2) Idle went up about 100rpm.
3) Noted rise in dB level. My house says they can here me leave and come back clear as day now and I can definitely hear more from the engine from normal riding.
4) On/Off throttle transition significantly smoother.
5) TC1 does not catch power wheelies anymore and I was not expecting that. If I catch the wheelie myself and bring it back down to around 1ft then roll on it handles it from there but there is no more catch at around 2ft then it brings it back down for me.
6) TC2 behaves like TC1 used to with power wheelies.
7) TC3 Behaves like TC2 used to with power wheelies.
(Did not test TC4 or TC5 for power wheelies because I never tested those at stock so have no way to confirm a change)
The power wheelies and On/Off transition I absolutely was not expecting so I wasn't looking for them, definitely noticed though.
Last edited by Fantastic; 12-05-2016 at 02:55 PM.