Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

Suspension Setup

Gen 4: 2011-15 
12K views 18 replies 9 participants last post by  desmoninja 
#1 ·
So I have an Ohlins TTX rear shock, Ohlins 30mm cartridge kit, and Dan Kyle Black link. I'm currently 195lbs without gear.

Now that we have that out of the way. What are your guys settings? What is ride height, forks height, and you other settings. Are you guys raising the rear at all with the Ohlins and Link?

It was setup pretty well with all the stock stuff but I want to get a good baseline with all the new stuff.

Thanks,

Jon

#3 ·
Shock length 313 mm messured with loose spring, eye to eye. No shims. Comp 10 out reb 14 out. Stock links.

I have K tech cart forks but its mounted even with top clamp, just cap above upper.

Swingarm length 575mm +/- 5mm

Everything according to recomendations from à pro Ohlins mechanic.

My level is Rookie Racing.

#8 ·
I have the exact same setup as you except my TTX shock was revalved and resprung for the black link. same weight

My settings on Pirelli's and have also run Dunlops.
rear shock: stock length, but 8mm shims under the clevis
6 turns in of preload
9 clicks out comp
4 clicks out reb

front forks: 5mm above the triple
14 turns out preload
6 clicks out comp
3 clicks out reb

#10 ·
When you get the spring for your weight installed you can get the correct shock length set also. Might as well make sure you go to a tuner that's familiar with the recall on these shocks and addresses that too while he's doing the spring and shock length.
Once correctly setup it works very well.
Forks should have the caps flush to the triples (on the 30mm ohlins setup).
Set the correct sag, then rest of the clickers near the middle and start from there.

#12 ·
Assuming you have the Ohlins Shock custom valved for the Kyle Racing Link then set-up with the Kyle 5% Link is very simple. You shorten the Ohlins shock as short as it will go and install a 6mm shim at the shock mount. It works! In fact, it works so well that it basically takes all the guesswork out of the rear of the bike and all you really need to do is fine tune the front geometry to your liking.

My Current Set-Up

REAR:
Kyle Racing 5% Linear Race Link
6mm Shim
Ohlins TTX-GP Shock short as possible, (C37-R5 Valving at 13 clicks on Compression and 14 clicks Rebound which is specifically 3 less clicks at WSIR than I run anywhere else)
Axle Middle to Back is the prescribed setting for the really fast Pro riders, but I find running it more towards the middle works for me
27mm Rider Sag

FRONT:
Stock Triple Clamp
Ohlins FGRT NIX Forks 4mm above the top clamp to top of fork tube (11 clicks Comp, 11 clicks Reb)
Oil Height 185mm
35mm Rider Sag (lighter springs with more preload seem to be preferred by most over heavier springs and less preload to attain the same sag numbers)

#13 ·
Thanks man! I don't think my shock has the recall done. It was rebuilt by Precision Tuning but I don't think the recall was addressed. I havent done the valving for the Link yet. I was wondering if I could get that done during my recall?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.