Gen 4: 2011-2015 Suspension Setup - Page 2 - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 19 Old 03-15-2016, 09:10 AM
Always On Mod

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crescent1101 View Post
What do you mean under clevis? Can't you adjust ride height on the ohlins?
Between the clevis and the frame to increase the ride height. Yes I could just increase the length of the ohlins shock, but I'm lazy and the shims were already installed

Fast parts, Great Service: PM Mike at Rider's Discount
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 19 Old 03-15-2016, 10:49 AM
LDH
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Assuming you have the Ohlins Shock custom valved for the Kyle Racing Link then set-up with the Kyle 5% Link is very simple. You shorten the Ohlins shock as short as it will go and install a 6mm shim at the shock mount. It works! In fact, it works so well that it basically takes all the guesswork out of the rear of the bike and all you really need to do is fine tune the front geometry to your liking.

My Current Set-Up

REAR:
Kyle Racing 5% Linear Race Link
6mm Shim
Ohlins TTX-GP Shock short as possible, (C37-R5 Valving at 13 clicks on Compression and 14 clicks Rebound which is specifically 3 less clicks at WSIR than I run anywhere else)
Axle Middle to Back is the prescribed setting for the really fast Pro riders, but I find running it more towards the middle works for me
27mm Rider Sag

FRONT:
Stock Triple Clamp
Ohlins FGRT NIX Forks 4mm above the top clamp to top of fork tube (11 clicks Comp, 11 clicks Reb)
Oil Height 185mm
35mm Rider Sag (lighter springs with more preload seem to be preferred by most over heavier springs and less preload to attain the same sag numbers)
CanyonCarver and serialize like this.
post #13 of 19 Old 03-15-2016, 11:18 AM Thread Starter
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by LDH View Post
Assuming you have the Ohlins Shock custom valved for the Kyle Racing Link then set-up with the Kyle 5% Link is very simple. You shorten the Ohlins shock as short as it will go and install a 6mm shim at the shock mount. It works! In fact, it works so well that it basically takes all the guesswork out of the rear of the bike and all you really need to do is fine tune the front geometry to your liking.

My Current Set-Up

REAR:
6mm Shim
Ohlins TTX-GP Shock short as possible, (C37-R5 Valving at 13 clicks on Compression and 14 clicks Rebound which is specifically 3 less clicks at WSIR than I run anywhere else)
Axle Middle to Back is the prescribed setting for the really fast Pro riders, but I find running it more towards the middle works for me
27mm Rider Sag

FRONT:
Stock Triple Clamp
Ohlins FGRT NIX Forks 4mm above the top clamp to top of fork tube (11 clicks Comp, 11 clicks Reb)
Oil Height 185mm
35mm Rider Sag (lighter springs with more preload seem to be preferred by most over heavier springs and less preload to attain the same sag numbers)
Thanks man! I don't think my shock has the recall done. It was rebuilt by Precision Tuning but I don't think the recall was addressed. I havent done the valving for the Link yet. I was wondering if I could get that done during my recall?

2013 ZX10R
Ohlin TTX rear shock, Brembo 19X20, Rifleman throttle insert, Graves Slip-on, Yoshimura engine and frame sliders, Woolich USB, Motoholders Carbon Fiber Intake and stay, Woodcraft clip-ons, -1, +2 gearing, EK 520 chain, Spielgler brake lines, Vortex rear sets/GP Shift, Vortex gas cap, CRG shorty levers, BMC race filter, Driven Block-off plates etc

2008 ZX10R- SOLD

post #14 of 19 Old 03-15-2016, 12:00 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crescent1101 View Post
Thanks man! I don't think my shock has the recall done. It was rebuilt by Precision Tuning but I don't think the recall was addressed. I havent done the valving for the Link yet. I was wondering if I could get that done during my recall?
That's when I got mine done.
Has to do with seating the locking nut for the mechanical stop I believe but ask Precision if they did it they might have.

Like bikes ......... Like Kawasaki ........
1996 ZX6R, 2003 ZX636, 2009 ZX6R, 2011 ZX10R
2006 R6-R, 2007 R6-R, 2010 FZ1
2005 CRF250R, 2011 KTM 350sxf
post #15 of 19 Old 04-06-2016, 01:51 AM
Squid

Posting Frequency

315mm shock length I know some like 316 for better turn in.
Front forks pulled through to 13mm
In the class is Race we have to have standard forks and shocks.
Spring on shock 120 and standard springs in forks.
post #16 of 19 Old 04-06-2016, 02:08 AM
Squid

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sven#66 View Post
315mm shock length I know some like 316 for better turn in.
Front forks pulled through to 13mm
In the class is Race we have to have standard forks and shocks.
Spring on shock 120 and standard springs in forks.
Pre Load on shock 11-13mm
Air gap in Forks 130
post #17 of 19 Old 09-19-2017, 03:56 PM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:

My Current Set-Up

REAR:
6mm Shim
27mm Rider Sag

FRONT:
Stock Triple Clamp
Oil Height 185mm

Are you still using these same setting for your rear shock?
post #18 of 19 Old 09-19-2017, 03:59 PM
LDH
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

The geometry is the exact same, but the Rebound clicks may be a 1 or 2 off from that.
post #19 of 19 Old 09-19-2017, 04:12 PM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
The geometry is the exact same, but the Rebound clicks may be a 1 or 2 off from that.
Thanks! I have the Kyle racing black link and C37-R5 valving so I'll give it a try. With any luck maybe I can get another track day out of my rear tire.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.