Sprocket change needed? - Page 4 - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
 5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 48 Old 03-30-2016, 05:51 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Oh and ask rifleman when he's gonna have 1/5 throttle inserts for the gen 5.

Gear, flash, and quick turn throttle, you'll be a real happy guy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nakedinseattle View Post
i could give two shits if you were taking a bubble bath in applesauce being fed grapes by lemurs with electrodes attached to your nipples in the bed of a semi truck, as long as you're not holding up traffic, go for it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 48 Old 03-30-2016, 10:53 PM
EJR
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

I don't know man, I'd check to see if you're twisting the throttle all the way. The bike, even on stock gearing is stupid fast in 1st and will blow through 100 mph in a matter of seconds. I weigh 205, and if I get on it hard of the line, the front end will be coming up around 8-9k, and if I don't ease a bit I would be on my ass so fast it wouldn't be funny. I am -1 front and flashed. One thing I have noticed- a lot of the guys riding these bikes chill around 3k rpms, shifting around this as well. I ride around anywhere between 7-8k. Keeps it more in the band so when you want to go, it will go now. These biles are supposed to be run at high rpms- they like it there. They are completely different than Harleys.
Wild Colonial Boy likes this.
post #33 of 48 Old 03-30-2016, 11:07 PM
Bloo Moderator

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJR View Post
I don't know man, I'd check to see if you're twisting the throttle all the way. The bike, even on stock gearing is stupid fast in 1st and will blow through 100 mph in a matter of seconds. I weigh 205, and if I get on it hard of the line, the front end will be coming up around 8-9k, and if I don't ease a bit I would be on my ass so fast it wouldn't be funny. I am -1 front and flashed. One thing I have noticed- a lot of the guys riding these bikes chill around 3k rpms, shifting around this as well. I ride around anywhere between 7-8k. Keeps it more in the band so when you want to go, it will go now. These biles are supposed to be run at high rpms- they like it there. They are completely different than Harleys.
Yeah I didn't want to say it either but AGREE I just don't think he was opening his bike up enough....I tried to give an example with my Gen 1 on the drag strip what a 10R can do.......which by the way does 104 miles/hour in just first Gear with Stock Gearing NO GEAR Change needed, there is no way a Hellcat will go that fast and that quick in stock form sounds like he just wants that rush of power and FEEL and I and many can respect that some of us aren't just about how fast you can go around a track but how does the bike PULL on the Street. Anyway I am sure the OP will be happy with a Gear Change and Flash

bloo

Sent from My Computer via DSL mid to low service Firefox updated version, sometimes wireless sometimes Wire from the garage depending on connection speed.

post #34 of 48 Old 03-30-2016, 11:41 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

I know its fast i wanted quicker.....quick and fast are 2 different things.
post #35 of 48 Old 03-31-2016, 12:00 AM
Bloo Moderator

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bighit2883 View Post
I know its fast i wanted quicker.....quick and fast are 2 different things.
yeah there is acceleration and speed and Feel....Many Gen 4 Riders on this site will say they get up to Speed Faster than a Gen 1 but they Admit a Gen 1 ZX10R Feels FASTER and Suspect the same thing when your are Comparing a Gen 5 to your HellsCat

Anyway hope you are getting your answers and what to do next...BTW Love That Green HellsCat what a Awesome Machine.

bloo

Sent from My Computer via DSL mid to low service Firefox updated version, sometimes wireless sometimes Wire from the garage depending on connection speed.
post #36 of 48 Old 03-31-2016, 12:06 AM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

Thanks brotha....the bike is really opening up the more miles i put on
post #37 of 48 Old 03-31-2016, 12:12 AM
Bloo Moderator

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Good Deal :

Bloo

post #38 of 48 Old 03-31-2016, 01:15 PM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Hey man, I work at the shop you bought the bike from. Glad to see you're enjoying the bike. I'm the one with the zx10r that Jason was talking to you about. Not going to lie, I was eyeing that bike up before you bought it. I think with a few small changes, you will be very happy with this bike.
post #39 of 48 Old 03-31-2016, 01:23 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

Is there any reason why the bike would just die while riding? I topped it off with gas (91) it wasnt empty but as i was riding i got on it in 1st up to about 9k went into 2nd and it stalled out on me. Held the clutch in and started it up while still rolling and about 2 mins later it did the same thing. Hasn't happened since but kinda scared the crap out of me not having any power.
post #40 of 48 Old 03-31-2016, 03:16 PM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Weird. So you still have power to the dash and everything but the engine stops running? Were you using the clutch at this time or the quickshifter? How long has it been since it did it last? If it does it again, don't hesitate to contact us.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.