Sprocket change needed? - Page 3 - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
 5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 45 Old 03-30-2016, 09:10 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

ck schnitz's website and the flash on the 2016 gen 5. pretty interesting his findings on fly by wire throttle position stock results.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 45 Old 03-30-2016, 01:13 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

I am getting more riding time in. I do enjoy the bike a lot. The thing is almost scary at 10k haven't ran it up to 13 or 14 yet. Just wish it was a little more responsive on the lower end. Like....pretty sure that front wheel won't come up at all unless i pop the clutch. However i do think getting it up at 120 mph is very possible
post #23 of 45 Old 03-30-2016, 02:41 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

ryan claims 20hp in 3-6k range. 16 is the real deal, kaw just trying to keep guys from killing themselves. flash it, gear it, tune it, be scary a lot lower than 10k. bike gonna demand a lot of respect in this form.

Last edited by gazx10; 03-30-2016 at 02:49 PM.

post #24 of 45 Old 03-30-2016, 02:47 PM
Of course you are faster

Posting Frequency

are we confirming that the 2016 Gen 5 is an electronic throttle and not cables?

I'm going to be sooooo sad if that is the case.

certainly a sprocket(s) change will wake the bike up. I went up one on my TLR in the rear and that was enough to just add some pep.

the -1/+2 and 1/5th throttle insert were night vs day. I always recommended doing one, wait a week, and then do the other... but you know, guys get to working on the bike and it's a marathon secession.

Need to know how to install your Rifleman's 1/5th throttle insert? click me
For more info on a sticky grip (not enough cable slack) click me
And another amazing install write up click this

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifleman View Post
lol, once you go 1/5th... you NEVER go back
post #25 of 45 Old 03-30-2016, 02:51 PM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Throttle cables going to the bike from the grip. Cables go all of the way to the throttle bodies.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
post #26 of 45 Old 03-30-2016, 03:03 PM
Of course you are faster

Posting Frequency

ok, good, knew that electronic fly by wires stuff is coming, but that the mechanical cables are hard to get rid of because they are reliable and almost stupid proof.

Need to know how to install your Rifleman's 1/5th throttle insert? click me
For more info on a sticky grip (not enough cable slack) click me
And another amazing install write up click this

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifleman View Post
lol, once you go 1/5th... you NEVER go back
post #27 of 45 Old 03-30-2016, 03:12 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bighit2883 View Post
I am getting more riding time in. I do enjoy the bike a lot. The thing is almost scary at 10k haven't ran it up to 13 or 14 yet. Just wish it was a little more responsive on the lower end. Like....pretty sure that front wheel won't come up at all unless i pop the clutch. However i do think getting it up at 120 mph is very possible
thing should bring up the front wheel without issues.. your not a small guy from your pics but it should not be an issue..

make sure you have turned off all the electronics ie traction control and make sure you are in full power mode. Not sure if 2016 has other crap like wheelie control and stuff too. Get with woolich racing or PM (zx10rarcher) for a ecu flash.
post #28 of 45 Old 03-30-2016, 03:44 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

No im not small by any means haha. 6ft a solid 265 pounds. I have full power on. It also has wheelie control tc all that. I do believe i did turn that off. Loving the bike. Ill do what i gotta do to make it exactly what i want. Many compliments on it. Love it.
post #29 of 45 Old 03-30-2016, 04:50 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

ecu controls primary throttle blade openings, not ur wrist. throttle cables go to a spring loaded sensor, not the primary shaft.

Last edited by gazx10; 03-30-2016 at 04:54 PM.
post #30 of 45 Old 03-30-2016, 05:25 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by smurfslayer View Post
what he said. The 10R - well... a re-mapped 10R anyway, will launch hard enough to make your eyes water. If you’re chugging around at under 4k rpms you’re not doing it right. Try that on a Ducati in top gear and you’ll be stalled, the fact that the Kaw can still actually accelerate in top gear at like ( 2500? ) rpms is a testament to how well the engineers thought out the premise of “Hmm... how lazy will our target riders be, do we need to make it run in top gear at only 2000 rpms? Ducati doesn’t and the magazines all give them a pass”

The current ZX10’s are much more responsive in low rpms than the first gen ZX14’s were in ’06 - ’07, hence the ‘pull the secondary plates’ mod became popular. In I think it was ’08 they remapped the secondary plates? Anyway at some point later on. The power was anemic below 6000 rpms.

Give the bike some break in time and get more saddle time first.
To my knowledge, secondary throttle plates help low end power. They close to create velocity in the throttle body. Taking them out creates less low end power with a unobstructed flow for top end.
bluedevil likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.