Sent from my XT1045 using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 38 Old 05-15-2017, 10:39 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaLife View Post
Never saw one of those until now. Gotta find me one of those.
I bought that in Germany but they do mail order, https://www.louis.eu/artikel/liftstick-louis/10003338
It is a really good tool, but the only down is the weight its a made of steel where an Aluminium or similer would be much better.

192MPH stock engined 2008
post #23 of 38 Old 05-16-2017, 08:02 AM
Squid

Posting Frequency

Garage
I don't know at which extent you make the difference between superbike and sport touring, but I ride the bike daily as a commuter, did at least a dozen of 500 miles trips (~800km) last summer (one trip = single day ride), longest was 600 miles (~950km, Québec city --> Rouyn-Noranda) last summer. The bike was 100% stock. Thinking of changing the windscreen to something else (not a touring one though). The biggest "mod" would've been my S21 tires. I'm almost done with them but at 6500 miles on them I can't be happier.

Last edited by lun471k; 05-16-2017 at 08:51 AM.

post #24 of 38 Old 05-16-2017, 08:10 AM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by lun471k View Post
I don't know at which extent you make the difference between superbike and sport touring, but I ride the bike daily as a commuter, did at least a dozen of 500 miles trips last summer (one trip = single day ride), longest was 600 miles last summer. The bike was 100% stock. Thinking of changing the windscreen to something else (not a touring one though). The biggest "mod" would've been my S21 tires. I'm almost done with them but at 6500 miles on them I can't be happier.
I love my Zero Gravity Corsa windscreen on my Gen 2. It's taller and wider than stock and double bubble, but has the aggressive look that the touring screens don't. It works well for me and I'm a big dude.
lun471k likes this.
post #25 of 38 Old 05-16-2017, 08:59 AM
Squid

Posting Frequency

Garage
This is exactly the windscreen I was looking at.

Now I just need to find a place in North America where they sell Louis' Liftstick... anyone had it shipped ? How expensive are the shipping & duty fees for this thing ?
I'd rather have this thing than buy a couple hundred dollars rear stand that I can't bring with me when I'm on a trip.
post #26 of 38 Old 05-16-2017, 01:16 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by lun471k View Post
This is exactly the windscreen I was looking at.

Now I just need to find a place in North America where they sell Louis' Liftstick... anyone had it shipped ? How expensive are the shipping & duty fees for this thing ?
I'd rather have this thing than buy a couple hundred dollars rear stand that I can't bring with me when I'm on a trip.
Pack Jack in Alberta:
PackJack - Home
michael4012 likes this.
post #27 of 38 Old 05-20-2017, 12:37 PM
Squid

Posting Frequency

I also was thinking of doing a handlebar conversion for my Gen2 so I could be more comfortable on longer rides. The foot peg position and seat is fine for me, and the bike is a good size and fit for me, just the handlebars are a bit on the uncomfortable side, especially coming from a Ninja 650.
post #28 of 38 Old 05-20-2017, 12:59 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Johnny View Post
Pack Jack in Alberta:
PackJack - Home
Now that is simple beyond simple

192MPH stock engined 2008
post #29 of 38 Old 05-20-2017, 02:52 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

I couldnt think of a worse bike to ride long distance than my bike. I hate everything about it for long distance other than the seat isnt too bad for comfort.
I was thinking last week that id like to get a different bike for cruising on as the zx10 just seems to just be rareing to go all the time and the lack of low down grunt just makes cruising unpleasant.
There are sports bikes out there that beat the zx10 hands down for cruising but thats not why i brought a zx10. I brought one for spirited riding only.
post #30 of 38 Old 05-20-2017, 03:29 PM
Squid

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukzx10r View Post
I couldnt think of a worse bike to ride long distance than my bike. I hate everything about it for long distance other than the seat isnt too bad for comfort.
I was thinking last week that id like to get a different bike for cruising on as the zx10 just seems to just be rareing to go all the time and the lack of low down grunt just makes cruising unpleasant.
There are sports bikes out there that beat the zx10 hands down for cruising but thats not why i brought a zx10. I brought one for spirited riding only.
I find my zx10 to be comfortable to ride starting at speeds of 120 km/h or 75m/h because the wind lifts you up a bit and takes the strain of your wrists and torso. Unfortunately it is above the speed limit of almost all highways in my region and other than freeways, it is not practical nor safe to ride at those speeds especially on backcountry roads or commuting in the city. As well, under 4000rpm the bike feels somewhat lethargic. But on a spirited ride, you soon forget all of that
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.