Sports Tourer zx10r - Page 2 - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
 12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 38 Old 05-14-2017, 01:55 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

i often done 2000 mile weekends on a Gen3 just for the buzz. i have also been away for a week at a time touring on it. A typical 2000 mile weekend would be a blast down to the French Riviera i keep it light with the luggage i made my own rack out of a spare pillion seat which makes it easy to strap on & remove it as you dont want to be leaving luggage unattended anywhere in Europe. i avoid tank bag as filling up every hundred to hundred & twenty miles is a pain in arse with a tank bag. The other thing is the miles i do at night on french toll roads & although against the law cruising typically at around 120 mph means im getting off the bike every hour or so to fill up. Iv done winter trips like this & obviously they are more painful because of the cold & anything not leather normally tears around the shoulders eventually. I bought a Zero Gravity seat after a few trips & have to say i wished id did it earlier. in truth ride superbikes long distances has a lot to do with your physical size and condition.
Attached Images

192MPH stock engined 2008
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 38 Old 05-14-2017, 06:23 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

Hi Michael

That's superb mate.
I just can't sit on it for that long. I've ordered rearset lowerers, gillies variobars, bigger screen...just need to sort a seating solution. Any recommendations?

I see what your saying about tank bag but would it be good to lean on?
Pete
post #13 of 38 Old 05-14-2017, 11:28 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

The only non original equipment seat iv used apart from a racing seat is this This Zero Gravity Gel Seat, much much better than the stock one, there are others around such as "corbin" but iv never used those so cant comment.

post #14 of 38 Old 05-15-2017, 09:07 AM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
I forgot to mention that along with some hefty bar end weights I'm running Pro Grip 719 RVGS Gel Grips which help a lot with vibration without being bulky and weird in your hands.
post #15 of 38 Old 05-15-2017, 09:22 AM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

I'll have a look at gel grips. I've never had a problem with the vibrations. Although I've never sat on it too long lol.
post #16 of 38 Old 05-15-2017, 02:20 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petelucherts View Post
Hi Michael

That's superb mate.
I just can't sit on it for that long. I've ordered rearset lowerers, gillies variobars, bigger screen...just need to sort a seating solution. Any recommendations?

I see what your saying about tank bag but would it be good to lean on?
Pete
Keep in mind that finding the right tank bag is a little more challenging on the Gen 4/5 because the front half of the tank isn't metal (magnetic tank bags might not work well) but a plastic cover.

I don't know where you live but if you're in a chillier climate, easily installed heated grips help a lot with hand and finger cramping because the grips tend to be a larger diameter than the originals.

2013 ABS, Bridgestone T30 Evo, Woolich, Danmoto shorty & link, Rifleman's 1/5th turn, K&N, GP shift, Gen5 shock/links/dogbone, JT (-1/+0), EK, Shorai, EBC HH, AllBallz roller steering, heated grips, shorty levers, MotoDynamic signals & relay, plasti-dipped and vinyl wrapped (all green to black), Bestem carbon, PUIG Pro sliders, solo cowl, modded sprocket cover, TST fender elim. w/LEDs. 45,000km+ and going strong!
post #17 of 38 Old 05-15-2017, 03:39 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

I'm in the Uk mate, so heated grips on everything!

Tank bagwise .....ive been looking at the GIVIS which bolt around the petrol filler cap. or a bagster tank cover, but cant find one for a 2006.

Hoping all these mods work and I don't just go and buy an old vfr800 lol.
post #18 of 38 Old 05-15-2017, 03:41 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porschenut View Post
800?!?! I would've had to amputate my butt after a day like that. 550km was my max and I felt like dying.
I'm a fat guy with extra padding....
evilaugust likes this.
post #19 of 38 Old 05-15-2017, 04:30 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

I use a lift stick for cleaning & lubing the chain its a lot better than working your way across a car park as squirt a bit push a bit squirt a bit....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	273.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	1.37 MB
ID:	398650   Click image for larger version

Name:	277.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	1.85 MB
ID:	398658  
NinjaLife and mpp12 like this.

post #20 of 38 Old 05-15-2017, 04:41 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael4012 View Post
I use a lift stick for cleaning & lubing the chain its a lot better than working your way across a car park as squirt a bit push a bit squirt a bit....
Never saw one of those until now. Gotta find me one of those.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.