So my G4 10R was stolen...When I can afford might get a G5 - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 Old 08-16-2017, 07:56 AM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: UK
Posts: 185
Posting Frequency
 
So my G4 10R was stolen...When I can afford might get a G5

Yes like I posted in cmbnyc's crash thread, some scum stole my ZX10R on Monday last week and came back to try to grab a 2012 ZX6R but were chased off.

So my time with an awesome bike has been cut short (and this time) through no fault of my own.

Police not interested. Low priority crime. CCTV but thieves arrived on a fake plate stolen bike and kept helmets on so no Id.

Anyway...Looking to the future (quite far from now as have no money)...I'm thinking of the G5 2016 ZX10R.

I'm not going to be riding on the road anymore so I may just buy a track prepped one...but I also don't like the thought of buying someone else's wreckage so I may just build up a track / race bike from a low mile road bike.

My main question is...I really don't want to have to throw a lot more money at a bike which even used will cost me nearly 12,000 (about $15,500). The main issue I had with my G4 was the suspension was a bit weak especially the rear.

Is the G5 such an improvement and good enough that racers and serious trackdayers leave it stock?

I still have my Bitubo shock as thankfully I had not fitted it to my bike, and also have a Brembo master cylinder left over from another bike.

For a club racing set up...Slip on...Flash and the above parts...Is this enough?

I just want a bike I can use almost straight from factory.

I'm also looking at the new Gixxer but that is probably out of my price range right now.

Would like to hear if you moved from a G4 to a G5 and you either race or do a lot of track days.

Thanks.
10Arghh is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 20 Old 08-16-2017, 07:28 PM
Champion Rider
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: North East FL
Posts: 486
Posting Frequency
 
My gen 5 is track only. In my opinion ifyou don't race, the stock suspension is very very good. Save the money for more track days. There is a reason suzuki picked the same Showa hardware for their gsxr1000r. The electronics are nuts. Let's you get away with a lot while not violently intruding on your forward drive. Quick shift up and down is a nice feature. And the m50 monoblocs are top shelf brembo production calipers. All I did with mine is set the suspension for my weight, added Vesrah rjl-xx, and slicks.

2016 Kawasaki ZX10R KRT ABS
2016 Suzuki GSX-S 1000 ABS
obijack is offline  
post #3 of 20 Old 08-16-2017, 08:59 PM
WSB Rider
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 924
Posting Frequency
     
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10Arghh View Post
Yes like I posted in cmbnyc's crash thread, some scum stole my ZX10R on Monday last week and came back to try to grab a 2012 ZX6R but were chased off.

So my time with an awesome bike has been cut short (and this time) through no fault of my own.

Police not interested. Low priority crime. CCTV but thieves arrived on a fake plate stolen bike and kept helmets on so no Id.

Anyway...Looking to the future (quite far from now as have no money)...I'm thinking of the G5 2016 ZX10R.

I'm not going to be riding on the road anymore so I may just buy a track prepped one...but I also don't like the thought of buying someone else's wreckage so I may just build up a track / race bike from a low mile road bike.

My main question is...I really don't want to have to throw a lot more money at a bike which even used will cost me nearly 12,000 (about $15,500). The main issue I had with my G4 was the suspension was a bit weak especially the rear.

Is the G5 such an improvement and good enough that racers and serious trackdayers leave it stock?

I still have my Bitubo shock as thankfully I had not fitted it to my bike, and also have a Brembo master cylinder left over from another bike.

For a club racing set up...Slip on...Flash and the above parts...Is this enough?

I just want a bike I can use almost straight from factory.

I'm also looking at the new Gixxer but that is probably out of my price range right now.

Would like to hear if you moved from a G4 to a G5 and you either race or do a lot of track days.

Thanks.
Let me guess, from in front of your Apartment complex.
Boxtradamus is offline  
 
post #4 of 20 Old 08-17-2017, 04:44 AM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: UK
Posts: 185
Posting Frequency
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by obijack View Post
My gen 5 is track only. In my opinion ifyou don't race, the stock suspension is very very good. Save the money for more track days. There is a reason suzuki picked the same Showa hardware for their gsxr1000r. The electronics are nuts. Let's you get away with a lot while not violently intruding on your forward drive. Quick shift up and down is a nice feature. And the m50 monoblocs are top shelf brembo production calipers. All I did with mine is set the suspension for my weight, added Vesrah rjl-xx, and slicks.
Thanks...That's good info.

Did you have a G4 before? Does the G5 understeer like the stock G4 and/or require the same effort to turn the bike, or has that been cured?

Thanks.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxtradamus View Post
Let me guess, from in front of your Apartment complex.
From outside my work :(

They had something to electronically disable the factory immobiliser...As they rode it off.
10Arghh is offline  
post #5 of 20 Old 08-17-2017, 05:44 AM
WSB Rider
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 924
Posting Frequency
     
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10Arghh View Post
Thanks...That's good info.

Did you have a G4 before? Does the G5 understeer like the stock G4 and/or require the same effort to turn the bike, or has that been cured?

Thanks.




From outside my work :(

They had something to electronically disable the factory immobiliser...As they rode it off.
Sorry you lost your ride man. Hope it works out.
Boxtradamus is offline  
post #6 of 20 Old 08-17-2017, 06:21 AM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: UK
Posts: 185
Posting Frequency
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxtradamus View Post
Sorry you lost your ride man. Hope it works out.
Cheers...You're the first one that's said that on here...Thought others would care enough to say since having your bike stolen is not uncommon and feels shit.

Anyway thanks...Making plans to get the next one...Probably sticking with Kawasaki.

Here's to the next one.
10Arghh is offline  
post #7 of 20 Old 08-17-2017, 06:22 AM
Champion Rider
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: North East FL
Posts: 486
Posting Frequency
 
I had the 2015 R1 before my gen5. Never had a gen4. But there is no issue of understeer after dialing in suspension.

2016 Kawasaki ZX10R KRT ABS
2016 Suzuki GSX-S 1000 ABS
obijack is offline  
post #8 of 20 Old 08-17-2017, 06:58 AM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: UK
Posts: 185
Posting Frequency
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by obijack View Post
I had the 2015 R1 before my gen5. Never had a gen4. But there is no issue of understeer after dialing in suspension.
Why did you replace the 2015 R1?

I am going to look at those as well so I'm curious.
10Arghh is offline  
post #9 of 20 Old 08-17-2017, 07:11 AM
Champion Rider
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: North East FL
Posts: 486
Posting Frequency
 
2015 had the 2nd gear transmission recall. So the "techs" at the dealer had to disassemble my factory sealed motor and monkey around in there replacing 2nd gear. The bike leaked oil ever since the recall. Finally after taking back to the dealer several times, i had enough and figured i'd give kawasaki a try. I am glad I did. My next track bike will probably be a CBR1000RR SP or updated R1. R1 is a great bike, just stay away from any 2015 models.

2016 Kawasaki ZX10R KRT ABS
2016 Suzuki GSX-S 1000 ABS
obijack is offline  
post #10 of 20 Old 08-17-2017, 09:25 AM
REPOST Enforcement Mod
 
SkyDork's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Wesley Chapel, FL (The Dub-C)
Posts: 13,018
Posting Frequency
           
Garage
Sorry to hear your ride was stolen. I had one taken from me a long time ago and it's a miserable feeling. I hate thieves!!!! They should be hung upside down by their toes in the town square and repeatedly hit in the balls with sledge hammers! That will let them know what it feels like to be the victim of a theft.

Best of luck getting a new one!

I may not be perfect, but at least I don't ride a Suzuki.

Ridding the Internet of bad grammar, 1 post at a time.
#WordCrimes




SkyDork is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome