SLIP ONS....WHICH GIVES THE MOST HP AND TORQUE??? - Page 3 - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 34 Old 08-11-2004, 01:37 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelup702
I just got my TBR Ti slip on. I love the way it looks but it's damn loud. We'll see if I can put up with it, might sell it, I dunno...
There's no such thing as too loud! Loud pipes saves lives! If they don't see you coming they should hear you coming! Well in SA anyway

I know nothing about bikes!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 34 Old 08-11-2004, 10:06 AM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to wheelup702 Send a message via Yahoo to wheelup702
Quote:
Originally Posted by vane
Quote:
I just got my TBR Ti slip on. I love the way it looks but it's damn loud. We'll see if I can put up with it, might sell it, I dunno...
There's no such thing as too loud! Loud pipes saves lives! If they don't see you coming they should hear you coming! Well in SA anyway
That's the weakest saying in the bike world, "loud pipes save lives...". I don't think so. In my experience, I have found two things to be true. First, loud pipes piss people off and attract attention from cops and from people that generally don't like the idea of motorcycles anyway.
Second, it doesn't matter if you have a freakin' loudspeaker with a wide open pipes and a strobe light on your head, people in cages will still say that they couldn't see you. It's pretty hard to get peoples attention when they are talking on the cell phone or listening to some ghetto blaster. I like my bike quiet, if they aren't gonna see you anyway, why attract all kinds of attention. Shoot, an asshole cop will say that you sounded like you are going fast or some bullshit. All the loud exhausts do is piss off alot of people that we share the road with. I will probably end up keeping the TBR pipe, even though it's loud, I just remember to ride as quietly as I can.
post #23 of 34 Old 08-11-2004, 11:15 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Quote:
Different strokes fer different folks. I personally want people to hear what i'm packin', me likes it a little looouuuddd! :D

BIKES IS GOOD.

post #24 of 34 Old 08-11-2004, 11:18 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

My CF Yoshimura RS3 is on its way right now...I cannot wait. I will post pics, maybe a sound clip, and my performance impression later today (I hope) or tomorrow.

2004 Black ZX-10R
Prepare for Ludicrous speed!
post #25 of 34 Old 08-12-2004, 07:36 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
That's the weakest saying in the bike world, "loud pipes save lives...". I don't think so. In my experience, I have found two things to be true. First, loud pipes piss people off and attract attention from cops and from people that generally don't like the idea of motorcycles anyway.
Second, it doesn't matter if you have a freakin' loudspeaker with a wide open pipes and a strobe light on your head, people in cages will still say that they couldn't see you. It's pretty hard to get peoples attention when they are talking on the cell phone or listening to some ghetto blaster. I like my bike quiet, if they aren't gonna see you anyway, why attract all kinds of attention. Shoot, an asshole cop will say that you sounded like you are going fast or some bullshit. All the loud exhausts do is piss off alot of people that we share the road with. I will probably end up keeping the TBR pipe, even though it's loud, I just remember to ride as quietly as I can.
You have a strange outlook! Cops here don't care how loud your bike is, hell they don't even pull you over even if you are speeding! And the loud pipe does work! If the idiot doesn't see you coming, he'll definitely get a huge scare when you zipp past him!

post #26 of 34 Old 08-12-2004, 07:37 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by NATOR
Quote:
Quote:
Different strokes fer different folks. I personally want people to hear what i'm packin', me likes it a little looouuuddd! :D
Yeah, I'm running close to a straight pipe! Love the sound!

post #27 of 34 Old 08-12-2004, 10:25 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Got my new issue of Sport Rider and directly after reading the bike of the year test i read the exhaust comparison. Micron for the love of god produced the most peak h.p. in the test. Of course this was on the r6 though. It was the high mount model as well. I thought high mounts generally produced less h.p. because of the high bend in the design. While i sure wasn't expecting that it was a pleasant surprise.

BIKES IS GOOD.
post #28 of 34 Old 08-12-2004, 10:34 AM
Post Whore

Posting Frequency

Just met up with two guys who just installed the Arata that has been jut released. Arata has designed this pipe specifically for the ZX-10R and these guys claim an additional 14 hp (!)...guy says wheelstand on throttle roll easy now...5 minute installation with locking springs...$1,299.00 price.

post #29 of 34 Old 08-12-2004, 10:36 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Got my new issue of Sport Rider and directly after reading the bike of the year test i read the exhaust comparison. Micron for the love of god produced the most peak h.p. in the test. Of course this was on the r6 though. It was the high mount model as well. I thought high mounts generally produced less h.p. because of the high bend in the design. While i sure wasn't expecting that it was a pleasant surprise.
Isn't the intermediate on the Micron still a SS? No way I'm floggin the stock Ti intermed. for a SS one. The slip-on has to be all Ti!
The TwoBro's are real nice, but I hate the flange-on! Yoshi, slip-on's are also SS. This is confusing me! If I had more $$ I'd just fit the Evo2 and be done with it!

post #30 of 34 Old 08-12-2004, 10:48 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Quote:
Isn't the intermediate on the Micron still a SS? No way I'm floggin the stock Ti intermed. for a SS one. The slip-on has to be all Ti!
The TwoBro's are real nice, but I hate the flange-on! Yoshi, slip-on's are also SS. This is confusing me! If I had more $$ I'd just fit the Evo2 and be done with it!
Unfortunately vane it is, i did not want to lose the ti mid pipe and did actually try to make it fit with the Micron can. Could'nt do it. I've grown to get used to the s/s mid pipe now but still longingly look at the stocker ti and wish it were still on. [smilie=B:

BIKES IS GOOD.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.