Set up question - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 Old 08-20-2016, 10:58 AM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to mwasse
Set up question

Was wanting some feedback from you please there's 5 settings to that traction control not sure if setting one or setting 5 is the most extreme what's your feedback ... what setting have you found works best for you on the track and I realize this could be tracks specific... going to be at the Ridge raceway in Shelton tomorrow thank you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 Old 08-20-2016, 11:36 AM
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

I use the least intrusive setting on my gen 4 which is setting 3 or I turn it off all together.
post #3 of 14 Old 08-20-2016, 01:36 PM
Squid

Posting Frequency

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwasse View Post
Was wanting some feedback from you please there's 5 settings to that traction control not sure if setting one or setting 5 is the most extreme what's your feedback ... what setting have you found works best for you on the track and I realize this could be tracks specific... going to be at the Ridge raceway in Shelton tomorrow thank you
See below

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechnologistX View Post
I use the least intrusive setting on my gen 4 which is setting 3 or I turn it off all together.
This is incorrect (see image below)

I personally use mine on 1 as it always goes back to that. I have had my front end come up a bit setting it to 1 and only ever felt it kick in once.

post #4 of 14 Old 08-20-2016, 01:48 PM
REPOST Enforcement Mod

Posting Frequency

Garage
I have a Gen 4, which only has 3 different modes to it. Mode 1 is the LEAST intrusive. Mode 3 is the MOST intrusive. I run mine on level OFF 98% of the time. Otherwise I'll put it on mode 1. I've never been in a situation that needed modes 2 or 3.

The Gen 5 now has 5 selectable modes. Again, mode 1 being the LEAST intrusive and mode 5 being the MOST intrusive. If I owned a Gen 5, it would be OFF or in mode 1 exclusively. Your results may vary.

I may not be perfect, but at least I don't ride a Suzuki.

Ridding the Internet of bad grammar, 1 post at a time.
#WordCrimes

post #5 of 14 Old 08-20-2016, 02:44 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

use my gen4 on level 2 most of the time, level 3 as soon as I see water and 1 only when I ride going east, no rain at all and no chance of rain....
post #6 of 14 Old 08-20-2016, 08:29 PM
The Pace

Posting Frequency

I'd just turn it all off. Unless you have zero riding ability. I would not waste time at the track unless I wanted to mess around with whatever. I would not go to the track unless I was dialed in with the bike.
post #7 of 14 Old 08-22-2016, 01:33 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

on the track, I dont know, the REAL pros I know use the traccion control, and of course use a sofisticated one...

the pussies on the street use it.
post #8 of 14 Old 08-22-2016, 02:24 PM
REPOST Enforcement Mod

Posting Frequency

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpp12 View Post
on the track, I dont know, the REAL pros I know use the traccion control, and of course use a sofisticated one...

the pussies on the street use it.
Yes, yes, you are correct. The problem is the Pros use a very different sophisticated system that is typically tuned PER track. At the highest level of racing, I'd imagine them using GPS inputs to the traction control to be able to target settings for a specific corner on a specific track. Very different than a one-size-fits-all OEM approach we have to work with.

That being said, I run Mode 1 at the track and OFF on the street 98% of the time. I've tried modes 2 and 3 and had them intervening and cutting power to the wheel under my normal, not really pushing it rides. Did not like that one bit. It would actually slow me down in most cases. In mode 3, I was really surprised at how quickly it would dial the fun back. I turned it to mode 3 once and have never been back to it unless cycling through it to get to OFF. Not even in the rain have I felt any benefit from mode 3. My right wrist is more than enough traction control for the street that I need. Mode 1 at the track will allow me to go pretty good with some added safety net. Again, very different than the Pro systems out there.

And the Gen 5 system is an upgrade to the stock Gen 4 system with the introduction of the IMU. But still a far cry from pro-level systems and may not be as good as other stock systems, but it's a step up from previous Gens.

I may not be perfect, but at least I don't ride a Suzuki.

Ridding the Internet of bad grammar, 1 post at a time.
#WordCrimes

post #9 of 14 Old 08-22-2016, 02:38 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Dont know if its just me, I run in 2 all the time... and that thing catapults out of the corners... it intervenes but not so much... I will try in 1.
Some rides it will never do...

only mood is a nitron pro shock...
post #10 of 14 Old 08-22-2016, 04:56 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwasse View Post
Power mode comes into play equally. You could drop the power and set TC to moderate or lower settings. Or you could set power higher and TC to a higher setting.

If you are new to the bike start out in lower power and higher TC and go from there.

This is not track specific, it's rider-specific. As SkyDork said, his wrist is his TC. He's learned this through experience. You would know if you have that experience.

Sturm und Drang
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.