Gen 5: 2016 -> Riding with KLCM on? - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 05-11-2018, 06:37 PM Thread Starter
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

Riding with KLCM on?

I'm just curious because I'm about to play around with Launch Control.

One of the things I wanted to see what happened was if I turned LC on, and just took off like normal, not pinning the throttle, or slipping the clutch.

1) Would the ecu still control torque so long as I stayed in 1st or 2nd gear?
2) Would LC turn off if I downshift from 2nd to 1st, or neutral for that matter?
3) Would it be bad for the engine?
4) Would I even be able to tell if it's actually doing anything?

(I know, I know - just go out and try it, but yeah I want to hear what people have to say, especially about #3)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 05-12-2018, 01:51 AM Thread Starter
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by GearsNStuff View Post
I'm just curious because I'm about to play around with Launch Control.

One of the things I wanted to see what happened was if I turned LC on, and just took off like normal, not pinning the throttle, or slipping the clutch.

1) Would the ecu still control torque so long as I stayed in 1st or 2nd gear? Yes
2) Would LC turn off if I downshift from 2nd to 1st, or neutral for that matter? Not sure, didn't test it - bummer
3) Would it be bad for the engine? Don't know - hope not ;)
4) Would I even be able to tell if it's actually doing anything? I think so, lol. I didn't really get on it too hard, but it seemed to feel and sound a little different.

(I know, I know - just go out and try it, but yeah I want to hear what people have to say, especially about #3)
Love the sound of LC when initially taking off. The rpm's bouncing off 9000 (I had mine set to 3) for a brief moment while I slip the clutch. Only managed 5 sec 0-60 (terrible), but then again I was not in a good place to try it. Opportunity knocked so I did it - fuck it. I went home with my head held low, but now have the LC fun burned in my brain. I hope this doesn't become an "issue". World has enough problems with heroin, doesn't need a LC addiction as well (nor does my bike!).
post #3 of 6 Old 05-14-2018, 01:29 PM
Я - Ребенок Люциферов

Posting Frequency

I keep getting mixed up on LC...like if I set it to the lowest lol like 6k rpm. will it stay on? or do I have to reset it every time I want to use it lol.

WERA Novice 325 | CCS Novice 326 | The Nightmare of Summit Point

2016 ZX10R ABS (Street) | 2011 ZX10RR(Race) | 2011 R6 (Street & Track) | 2009 WR250F
GunnRunnaz.com|GR on FaceBook | www.2666ad.com|

post #4 of 6 Old 05-14-2018, 08:03 PM Thread Starter
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vonstallin View Post
I keep getting mixed up on LC...like if I set it to the lowest lol like 6k rpm. will it stay on? or do I have to reset it every time I want to use it lol.
The lowest (level 3) on my bike is 8k rpm (I was incorrect in previous post where i said 9k - confirmed by watching my video again). I don't think you have to reset the level every time. Mine stayed on level 3 for the two times I tried it. Granted I never shut the bike off between attempts.

The only thing you have to always do before using it is to turn it on. This is done by making sure you have a traction control setting on any level but OFF. Bike must be running and not moving. I think you can hold in the clutch, but for sure works if bike is in neutral. Then hold select, and the start/stop timer switch at the same time. Keep holding, it takes a couple seconds - seems like forever when you want it on right now, before the light turns green, lol.

Once activated your RPM light bar will flash. Now it's turned on, and will stay on until you shift into 3rd gear. I don't think it turns off if you down shift from 2nd to 1st, but I don't know - I forgot to try it.
post #5 of 6 Old 05-15-2018, 10:14 AM
Я - Ребенок Люциферов

Posting Frequency

id want an easy system like the woolich lol but cant complain since it was built into the bike. I just think id be scared. I tried it 3 times when the bike was new and i fucked up 2 out of 3....one time almost really bad. I said fucckit lol.

WERA Novice 325 | CCS Novice 326 | The Nightmare of Summit Point

2016 ZX10R ABS (Street) | 2011 ZX10RR(Race) | 2011 R6 (Street & Track) | 2009 WR250F
GunnRunnaz.com|GR on FaceBook | www.2666ad.com|
post #6 of 6 Old 05-15-2018, 05:03 PM
Squid

Posting Frequency

From the User Manual:
KLCM is a rider assist system which optimizes the starting acceleration. The detail setting can be selected in the setting mode. Refer to the Set- ting Mode section in the GENERAL INFORMATION chapter.
The KLCM can be used in closed course. Do not use the KLCM during everyday riding.
KLCM Setting
  • Set the power mode to the mode F. Refer to Setting Mode section in the GENERAL INFORMATION chapter. Set the S-KTRC mode to other than OFF. Refer to Setting Mode section in the GENERAL INFORMATION chapter.
  • Push the SEL button and turn the start/stop switch leftward simultaneously and hold them in until the KLCM message displays and the tachometer blinks three times.
  • After selecting the KLCM, shifting into first gear with the motorcycle stopped will activate the KLCM. Even if you turn the throttle grip fully, the engine speed limiter keeps the engine speed shown below.

MODE 1 9000 r/min (rpm)
MODE 2 and 3 8000 r/min (rpm)

When starting, keep the throttle grip turned fully and engage the clutch gradually.
After the clutch is engaged, the system will control the engine torque to obtain maximum acceleration. KLCM is released when shifted into third gear or when the motorcycle speed reaches 150 km/h (93 mph).
Successive use of the KLCM is restricted to protect the engine.

Coolant temperature at 40C (104F) or lower . No limit
Coolant temperature at 41 ∼ 100C (106 ∼ 212F) Unable to use for 2.5 minutes after the last use
Coolant temperature at 101C (214F) or higher Unable to use
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in