Gen 1: 2004-2005 Rear Turn Signals and Tail Kit - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 06-07-2018, 11:13 AM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

Rear Turn Signals and Tail Kit

Hi all

I'm about 10 years late to the game here, but my '05 zx10 is in need of a bit of cleanup on the tail.

The problem I have right now, is one of my stock rear turn signals actually broke. Specifically, the little plastic arm connecting the light to the fender has cracked, and is now dangling there. I figure if I'm going to be replacing it, I might as well do it right - clean up the whole tail, remove the fender, and fix the light all at once.

So, I'm looking at something like this: Targa Tail Kit

My questions are
1. Would this kit have everything I need to make the swap (license plate, tail light, rear signals)? I think yes, but just looking for a sanity check here, or if I'm missing something?
2. Is there another kit or alternative solution I should be considering? I didn't exactly see a ton of options when Google searching, but maybe I'm not looking in the right spots.

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 06-07-2018, 02:25 PM
REPOST Enforcement Mod

Posting Frequency

Garage
Welcome! You are a little late to the game! What took you so long???

Hmmm...so you've got a few things screwed up in your question. Taillight? Taillight and brake light are pretty much the same thing. The taillight is completely different than the license plate light or "tag light". Which are you actually referring to?

The kit that you've linked to is a fender eliminator kit. Depending on which version of it you get, it will have the bracket to mount your license plate on, it will come with short stalk turn signals, and the license plate light. The taillight is OEM and not part of the kit.

Whenever you find parts from a vendor that they don't make themselves, it's best to get the specific information from the manufacturer themselves. In this case, Targa!!!

TARGA ZX10R Ninja Fender Eliminator Tail Kit

2005 ZX10R Ninja
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	targa tail.png
Views:	10
Size:	164.9 KB
ID:	417810  

I may not be perfect, but at least I don't ride a Suzuki.

Ridding the Internet of bad grammar, 1 post at a time.
#WordCrimes

Last edited by SkyDork; 06-07-2018 at 02:36 PM.
post #3 of 4 Old 06-07-2018, 03:28 PM
Post Whore

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDork View Post
Welcome! You are a little late to the game! What took you so long???

Hmmm...so you've got a few things screwed up in your question. Taillight? Taillight and brake light are pretty much the same thing. The taillight is completely different than the license plate light or "tag light". Which are you actually referring to?

The kit that you've linked to is a fender eliminator kit. Depending on which version of it you get, it will have the bracket to mount your license plate on, it will come with short stalk turn signals, and the license plate light. The taillight is OEM and not part of the kit.

Whenever you find parts from a vendor that they don't make themselves, it's best to get the specific information from the manufacturer themselves. In this case, Targa!!!

TARGA ZX10R Ninja Fender Eliminator Tail Kit

2005 ZX10R Ninja
Targa is just down the road from me and they make good stuff...

post #4 of 4 Old 06-11-2018, 01:33 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

Hi,

Cool. I did end up just calling Targa and talking it through with them. Got it all figured out, and think I'm good to go. Appreciate the inputs, guys!
Cheers!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in