Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

Part Help

Gen 5: 2016-20 
3K views 12 replies 4 participants last post by  Forrest Hebert 
#1 ·
Hello,

I've got a small problem, I was washing my bike today and this "heat shield" with a not so sticky backside came off from somewhere on the left side. Third time I've washed it and I don't use a lot of pressure so this is crazy it came off of wherever it's from. See attached photos plz. Anyone have an idea? Thx.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

See less See more
#3 ·
Just keep the old piece, buy some aluminum heat shield on amazon, and cut to the same shape as the OEM. Just make sure the surface you want to bond to is spotless.. maybe even scotch brite it so you know it won't come off again. Most likely this shield wasn't applied properly and the adhesive on these things dry out super quick if they're not bonded to a surface properly.

#6 ·
Hi there! You actually have a couple of problems here. First one is that you're using water to wash the bike. :cry: The next one is you didn't just pull up the parts diagram to figure out where it goes. :wink: Left inside frame rail, not the fairing.

Attachments

#8 ·
it sticks to the inside of the frame hear the radiator on top. it should fit into the somewhat recessed area around the same shape of the piece. The Gen 4 did not have any of them but had similar openings/impressions as the Gen 5 does.

Anyone know why they added these in the impressions for the Gen 5 when the Gen 4 did not have any?

Forrest if you need a picture of where that piece specifically goes on a bike I could get one for you, just let me know.

#12 ·
Sorry for the delay, been a busy past 2 days.

Here are the pictures, literally a Gen 5 and Gen 4 rolling chassis on lifts side by side. (the Gen 4 was ABS but I ripped those out for some SS lines).

Gen 4 first to show the lack of pads and a better view of the area in question and where the pads cover.

Gen 5, my finger is pointing to the pad in question that fell out while washing your bike. Have fun and good luck trying to get it back in, although since Gen 4 dont have any of them I dont see them being necessary.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.