Gen 5: 2016 -> OEM Quick Shifter is Terrible! - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
 7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 55 Old 03-20-2017, 03:05 AM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

OEM Quick Shifter is Terrible!

My OEM quick shifter is absolute garbage. Using it creates some serious suspension issues from front to back, and I'm assuming it is because it is so slow. I can shift way faster using the normal preload shifter and throttle off/on without upsetting the bikes suspension. How do I fix this?

Yes my front suspension is set hard (not max), my rear is also set hard, but my preload is .... I don't know... I'm guessing hard as well because the bike barely sags when I sit on it. I'm a heavy dude. 210lbs.

Last edited by Gen-Eric; 03-20-2017 at 03:13 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 55 Old 03-20-2017, 05:09 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen-Eric View Post
My OEM quick shifter is absolute garbage. Using it creates some serious suspension issues from front to back, and I'm assuming it is because it is so slow. I can shift way faster using the normal preload shifter and throttle off/on without upsetting the bikes suspension. How do I fix this?

Yes my front suspension is set hard (not max), my rear is also set hard, but my preload is .... I don't know... I'm guessing hard as well because the bike barely sags when I sit on it. I'm a heavy dude. 210lbs.
more information is required, whats happening when you shift with the QS?? sounds more like your suspension is setup incorrectly than anything else
post #3 of 55 Old 03-20-2017, 05:21 AM
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen-Eric View Post

It's not the actual quickshifter but the cut times that are set in the software. Is your ECU flashed!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

post #4 of 55 Old 03-20-2017, 02:14 PM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

I had my cut times flashed on my ECU, Smooth as butter now..

The track is my HAPPY PLACE!
post #5 of 55 Old 03-20-2017, 02:23 PM
Squid

Posting Frequency

where did you get your flashed done at?

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotman623 View Post
post #6 of 55 Old 03-20-2017, 02:46 PM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by rider3life View Post
where did you get your flashed done at?

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotman623 View Post
Mine is the same have woolich kit and downloaded from mapshare. But adjusted the QS settings myself.
post #7 of 55 Old 03-20-2017, 03:03 PM
Squid

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nfamous60 View Post
Mine is the same have woolich kit and downloaded from mapshare. But adjusted the QS settings myself.
I wonder if superbikeunlimited use woolich to flash their ECU's. Regardless the 10R gives the best gains from the flash for sure.
post #8 of 55 Old 03-20-2017, 03:31 PM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
The only ones I've ridden were flashed, and they were amazingly smooth (up and down since they had autoblip loaded). I'll be testing mine on April 9, but again, it's flashed...

Racing Like a Honey Badger Blog

AFM #302

Special thanks to my 2017 sponsors and supporters!!
Kawasaki USA Team Green; DareDevil Motorsports; Roseville Yamaha-Kawasaki; RiderzLaw; Dainese D-Store SF; BARF Racing; Dunlop Race Tires; Woodcraft; Pacific Track Time; Motion Pro; Skratch Labs; PUSH Laptimer
post #9 of 55 Old 03-20-2017, 03:37 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by rider3life View Post
I wonder if superbikeunlimited use woolich to flash their ECU's. Regardless the 10R gives the best gains from the flash for sure.
Nope they don't. So expect a $400 upcharge in addition to their cost of flashing your ECU for just enabling it in the ECU through them and the software they use.

You can get the kit to do it yourself through me, use my guidance and get a discount on the hardware itself. That way you can actually play with the kill times and the blip settings to find out what works for you.

-or-

You can send it away to someone to have it flashed. If you're 100% set on sending it away, look at 2 Wheel Dynoworks or Schnitz Racing to name a few.

If you still have problems in the upper gears/upper RPMs with the sensor detecting shifts, then you may want to look at upgrading the sensor. The OEM one is a piece of trash. After upgrading to the Woolich sensor I haven't had any of the problems I previously had which were
1) Upshifts not being detected in higher RPMs
2) Upshifts not being detected in higher gears
3) Downshifts not being detected in faster downshifts putting me in a gear higher than I wanted.
post #10 of 55 Old 03-20-2017, 04:54 PM
The Pace

Posting Frequency

Not sure what you're doing but the g4 needs no quick shifter.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.