Gen 5: 2016 -> OEM Quick Shifter is Terrible! - Page 4 - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
 6Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 51 Old 04-19-2017, 02:37 PM
Squid
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Bucharest, RO
Posts: 18
Posting Frequency
 
How did you improved the QS feel? With race ECU what kill times and judgement voltages did you set?
I'm curious as I have race ecu and I didn't manage in the first place to make it work...
morpheusro is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #32 of 51 Old 04-19-2017, 02:37 PM
Squid
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Bucharest, RO
Posts: 18
Posting Frequency
 
Actually, I think that most important question is: how did you calculate voltages for judgement voltage UP/DOWN ?
morpheusro is offline  
post #33 of 51 Old 04-19-2017, 05:10 PM
GP Star
 
dricked's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Ontario Canada
Posts: 2,115
Posting Frequency
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by morpheusro View Post
How did you improved the QS feel? With race ECU what kill times and judgement voltages did you set?
I'm curious as I have race ecu and I didn't manage in the first place to make it work...
Quote:
Originally Posted by morpheusro View Post
Actually, I think that most important question is: how did you calculate voltages for judgement voltage UP/DOWN ?
Try the stock settings first. Make sure it's turned on at the dash too, mine was off by default.
dricked is offline  
 
post #34 of 51 Old 04-20-2017, 02:23 PM
Squid
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Bucharest, RO
Posts: 18
Posting Frequency
 
It's turned on and I have absolutely no clue what the stock settings are because I have removed the stock ECU and I have installed the race ECU...
morpheusro is offline  
post #35 of 51 Old 04-20-2017, 07:34 PM
GP Star
 
dricked's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Ontario Canada
Posts: 2,115
Posting Frequency
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by morpheusro View Post
It's turned on and I have absolutely no clue what the stock settings are because I have removed the stock ECU and I have installed the race ECU...
Ok well the "stock" settings in the race ecu. If it's turned on in the ecu and at the dash but still isn't working then I'm not sure what else to suggest.
dricked is offline  
post #36 of 51 Old 04-20-2017, 08:40 PM
Street Rider
 
Newf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 70
Posting Frequency
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dricked View Post
Ok well the "stock" settings in the race ecu. If it's turned on in the ecu and at the dash but still isn't working then I'm not sure what else to suggest.

Stock Race ECU default map has 5ms for cut time. Adjust that to around +/- 50ms for each gear and check to make sure you have the right setting 4 or 5 depending what way your shifter is setup. If you do change shift direction (4or5) you also have to change the switch the voltages.. that's how it's in on my std and modified map anyhow.


Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Newf is offline  
post #37 of 51 Old 04-20-2017, 08:46 PM
GP Star
 
dricked's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Ontario Canada
Posts: 2,115
Posting Frequency
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newf View Post
Stock Race ECU default map has 5ms for cut time. Adjust that to around +/- 50ms for each gear and check to make sure you have the right setting 4 or 5 depending what way your shifter is setup. If you do change shift direction (4or5) you also have to change the switch the voltages.. that's how it's in on my std and modified map anyhow.


Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
I wish I could help more but I was given a map with all that jazz already fixed up.

I didn't see in the manual having to change the voltages, just the 4/5 for standard/reverse shift.
dricked is offline  
post #38 of 51 Old 04-21-2017, 02:32 PM
Squid
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Bucharest, RO
Posts: 18
Posting Frequency
 
Hi guys,
In the manual it says that for road shifting the setting is 4 and for reverse is 5.
And yes Newf, you are right you have to change voltages and in order to find out which voltages to set, it's necessary to use the Monitoring tool included in the software.
I will do that over the week-end and let you know how it worked, but I think this is the way to go.
morpheusro is offline  
post #39 of 51 Old 05-01-2017, 10:59 AM
Squid
 
cosmic_ocean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 20
Posting Frequency
 
Kill times

Just a simple query. What are the stock kill times set for the QS by Kawasaki on the Gen-5? Are they 100 for all gears as shown in the stock Woolich map?

Have always set QS kills times between 52-55ms in most standalone quick shifters that I've used on track. What does this 100 value mean?
cosmic_ocean is offline  
post #40 of 51 Old 05-01-2017, 11:20 AM
Champion Rider
 
chiffeee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 427
Posting Frequency
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmic_ocean View Post
Just a simple query. What are the stock kill times set for the QS by Kawasaki on the Gen-5? Are they 100 for all gears as shown in the stock Woolich map?

Have always set QS kills times between 52-55ms in most standalone quick shifters that I've used on track. What does this 100 value mean?
I am not sure that 100 is in ms, lower than 70 had a bit of problem shifting in my experience.
cosmic_ocean likes this.
chiffeee is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome