Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

Non-MSRP Prices are you getting you Gen 5 for?

Gen 5: 2016-20 
26K views 123 replies 57 participants last post by  Sneekey10R 
#1 · (Edited)
I ordered my 2016 3 weeks ago.

Same dealership I got my 2011 from. I know the owner and great guy Just wondering what you guys are getting them for.

I ordered a Black/Carbon ABS.

Price is $13,944.00 total. (KRT is $200 more) Non ABS is $13,054.00 black.
deposit is $200 so when I pick my bike up I just hand over $13,744.00 and $15 for paper tags.

Since I am getting it out of state I have to pay my tax and tags in my home state.
(two of my friends, who also have 2011 ZX10R are getting 2016 with me.)

I have called other spots and heard prices in $14,500 for black ABS with $500 deposit.

What are you getting yours for? or got quotes for?:nerd:

Also, find a dealership that do not sell spoorts bike much and ask if they can order one for you....they will usually give you a decent price.

***** Prices are Quoted from West VA and MD dealership.....

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
I ordered my 2016 3 weeks ago.

Same dealership I got my 2011 from. I know the owner and great guy Just wondering what you guys are getting them for.

I ordered a Black/Carbon ABS.

Price is $13,944.00 total. (KRT is $200 more) Non ABS is $13,054.00 black.
deposit is $200 so when I pick my bike up I just hand over $13,744.00 and $15 for paper tags.

Since I am getting it out of state I have to pay my tax and tags in my home state.
(two of my friends, who also have 2011 ZX10R are getting 2016 with me.)

I have called other spots and heard prices in $14,500 for black ABS with $500 deposit.

What are you getting yours for? or got quotes for?:nerd:
Wow, I called the dealer I got my 13 from, they will only quote me the msrp and nothing more. Same with 2 other dealers I have called.

I am in the SW Florida area.

#16 ·
11 lbs....
with all the improvements im surprised people are complaining about 11lbs...ill just lose that extra weight if its that important....but anyway this is a price thread....not a weight thread...go make a thread about how much heavier the new bike is.

that is pretty cheap...the price i posted is the bike out the door, but i have to do my own tax n tags.

Dealership is in west va.

Reactions: ZX10RArcher
#13 ·
g5 might get down to 440 but that's too heavy. the new cross twin will look better and the higher price rr will look better. And the H2 will look inviting to just buy and try for some. Not me. I'm thinking of trying to figure out how to hide a new g4 from the wife. gonna have to donate the '11 and sneak a new g4 in the garage! Have to get it dirty though or she'll catch me again. Oh, I got it! I'll cover the '11 for a few weeks. donate it. And get the new g4 and cover it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#17 ·
Got some info for you guys who race either in amatuer or pro level orgs. Will be another $2K off the price of the bike.

Good Afternoon,

2016 KAWASAKI TEAM GREEN™ NINJA® ZX™-10R
RACER SUPPORT PROGRAM
Kawasaki Motors Corp., U.S.A. is pleased to announce the 2016 Kawasaki Team Green Ninja® ZX™10R
Racer Support Program for model year 2016 Ninja ZX-10R. As an added benefit to the 2016 Team Green
Dealer Program, authorized Kawasaki dealers may qualify to place a unit (maximum of four units per
dealer, limited supply available) into the Racer Support Program. The Racer Support Program benefits
apply to retail sales of 2016 Ninja ZX-10R models from October 29, 2015 through March 31, 2016. For
each eligible model retailed, KMC will pay the racer for every selected model converted to Racer Support
status during the program period.

Here is the distro direct from Kawi in PDF form:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/11761730/Terry/15-26 MC 2015 TG Ninja ZX-10R Racer Support.pdf

#19 ·
it sounds like they are giving you $2000 off retail price....1 out of 3 units you buy...

roughly $14,000 on a ABS ebony...

#27 ·
OK so it looks like Im new here but couldnt get my account restarted....damn email change......etc....

But anyhow...paid full pop on MSRP here in Northern Ontario Canada.....$17200 black none ABS...but after exchange really in the 13800 US value...damn 25% exchange rate :( ....and no tax...traded my gen4 2011 zx10 and my 2012 Triumph tiger in even...so hey....Im happy :)

Riceman

#28 ·
Anybody knows of any dealers in Ohio that are selling 2016 at good price? I got my 2013 from Toledo, Ohio but I live in Michigan. These dealerships in Michigan don't have no information on when they are getting any. They are so ignorant. I want to order mine in the next week or so.

#36 ·
It would be limited to the larger dealerships as smaller dealerships might not be able to move 3 ZX10Rs in a year. I submitted the application through a larger local dealership although I am also good friends with a smaller local dealership that just wouldn't be able to sell that many 10s.

#37 ·
OK that makes sense, so they have to sell 3 to be able to sell 1 with racer support. What if I buy the first one, how do they prove they're going to sell 3? I will definitely print this out and bring it to them. I understand they might not have heard of it, but to not make the effort and look or even call Kawasaki is beyond me. I have been to 3 different dealers and I have received answers from we don't know to, don't worry about it you buy the bike first and then we take care of that.

#40 ·
Got the call and picked my 2016 ZX10R up today....2 hour drive for me outside of Washington DC...

Since I have two Gen 4s (street n track) I am going to check parts against each other...as much as i can and see what is interchangeable between Gen 5 and Gen 4.

I am hoping for Exhaust (slip on) and Rear-sets (Vortex)...
If those are interchangeable I will be a happy camper.

Ill make a new thread...off the break you can tell the cockpit is tighter aka smaller..reach from back of seat to bars...did not think Id notice, but it is def noticeable.

Attachments

Reactions: Bikeman1000 and tdh
#43 ·
Since I have two Gen 4s (street n track) I am going to check parts against each other...as much as i can and see what is interchangeable between Gen 5 and Gen 4.
If I may trouble you, while you're looking, for info regarding the wheel fitment. I just purchased a set of March's that are fairly special and mighty specific. Curious, if they'll swap over to the new 10R from the G4, or if you think there's anyway they're the same.

#41 ·
#42 ·
Reactions: Bikeman1000
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.