Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

No ABS in rear, not sure about front. Woolich flashed.

Gen 5: 2016-20 
6K views 21 replies 11 participants last post by  g-man 
#1 ·
I just realized something recently... My ABS is not working on my ZX10. I can lock the back tire up and drag it down the road no problem. I shouldn't be able to do this. Is it possible that I flashed a BIN file from a non-ABS bike? There were 2 ZX10 BIN files for the US version, it never occurred to me that one may be ABS and the other non-ABS.

Would the bike be throwing a code at me if I had used a non-ABS BIN file? I'm a bit concerned that my rear ABS isn't working, and have no way of testing my front.

#2 · (Edited)
Hmmmm, something seems weird. I don't think the flash should have anything to do with it or I would be flashing the ABS out of mine. :) I have the ABS dongle from the race kit to disable the rear ABS in mine. And on mine with the dongle installed the stupid ABS light flashes when the rear is disabled in the menu so I have to put a piece of electrical tape over it so as not to annoy me. You bought your bike new and didn't put a dongle on it?

#3 ·
Yea, i watched them take it out of the crate. And I haven't purchased a dongle. How can I be sure the one they gave me is an and model? Can you take a picture of your abs light? I don't have light that actually says abs.

I have the trc light and the triangle with an exclamation point.

#7 ·
Here's what you should be looking for on the bike.....

Or put your VIN into Kawasaki's website to identify the model. Or look at the front brake lines to see if they go directly from the front master cylinder to the front rotors.

Frankly, it sounds like you got a non-ABS bike, as the ABS system is disabled below 3.1mph (5kph) and you should clearly see the ABS warning light when turning on the ignition during the self-check. Check your purchase paperwork and verify that you in fact paid for an ABS model.

Attachments

#10 ·
Yeaaaa. I'm thinking you're right. I don't have that light. I'm gonna have to go see them about it I guess. I know I paid for the abs model. There was some paperwork mixup when I bought it.

What am I supposed to do here? I want abs, but I already have 4k miles and several mods done to the bike.

#14 ·
look on your brake lines (easiest to look at the rear)... if the hose routing goes from the master to the caliper, and not master, to a junction actuator, you do not have ABS. there will be a visible junction actuator, the brake lines go into, for you to have abs.

I am guessing you do not.

also, if your front fender, does not have a kibs decal on it from the factory, you probably don't have abs. Ski

#16 ·
its quite simple if your invoice states you paid for either a ZX1000SGFA or ZX1000SGF then they owe you an abs bike if it states ZX1000RGF or ZX1000RGFA then you got what you paid for. If its a case of the sales person saying your getting an ABS and then invoicing a Non abs at an abs price your going to have a fun time arguing as its verbal your word against theirs.

#20 ·
Happened to the guy with the bike i own now. Its a 13 and he swore up and down it had abs. He showed me the paperwork and everyting.. im like "no dude, thats not an abs bike".. needless to say, i got a pretty decent deal on a near flawless 2013 with no abs.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.