Gen 5: 2016 -> New-to-me Street Beasty - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 Old 10-17-2017, 05:33 PM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
New-to-me Street Beasty

Found a screaming deal from a friend on a replacement street bike for my GSXR (which got totaled when a guy made a blind, illegal, u-turn a couple months ago). Couldn't pass up the deal on the bike, not much done to it, but ECU flashed and autoblip put on it, so that saves a bit of $$ right there.

Was thinking I'd end up new (not too many uncrashed Gen 5 on the market yet), but wanted my street bike to be able to be a backup to my race bike if I need it. I'll slowly put this one together to match the race bike short of fairings, but it's "job" will be as my street ride.

Rather excited to get a street bike back - funny how even just a couple months off and I'm going a bit stir crazy. Won't be commuting on the bike much at all anymore (other than weekends), but sure is nice having the two wheel option here in the bay area....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	New Streety Beasty.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	113.0 KB
ID:	405601  

Racing Like a Honey Badger Blog

AFM #302

Special thanks to my 2017 sponsors and supporters!!
Kawasaki USA Team Green; DareDevil Motorsports; Roseville Yamaha-Kawasaki; RiderzLaw; Dainese D-Store SF; BARF Racing; Dunlop Race Tires; Woodcraft; Pacific Track Time; Motion Pro; Skratch Labs; PUSH Laptimer
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 10-18-2017, 08:54 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
Dang, that makes 2 of em now aye? Congrats!

The more you learn, the more you realize how little you know.
post #3 of 13 Old 10-18-2017, 10:56 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Nice man feeling just a touch jealous you got 2 of emm

192MPH stock engined 2008

post #4 of 13 Old 10-18-2017, 11:45 AM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
LOL, well, the first one is race only, so doesn't do me much good off the track. This one will stay in street trim. Not having a bike to ride the rest of the time has been driving me slightly batty. Plus, here in the bay area, having the option to get to other places in something other than a car is almost a need unless you have all the time in the world!

Was originally planning on waiting a few more months and picking another new one up through my sponsorship, but this came up and was just too good to pass up. May leave me enough money to pick up a "fun" little bike later this winter (dirt or something like the K125).

AFM #302

Kawasaki USA Team Green; DareDevil Motorsports; Roseville Yamaha-Kawasaki; RiderzLaw; Dainese D-Store SF; BARF Racing; Dunlop Race Tires; Woodcraft; Pacific Track Time; Motion Pro; Skratch Labs; PUSH Laptimer
post #5 of 13 Old 10-18-2017, 02:21 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Nice find AJ! :)
post #6 of 13 Old 10-18-2017, 08:29 PM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
I'm jealous! :P
post #7 of 13 Old 10-19-2017, 04:31 AM
Chairman of the Board

Posting Frequency

Garage
Very nice! Congrats!

post #8 of 13 Old 10-19-2017, 12:49 PM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBoCC2 View Post
I'm jealous! :P
I'm just glad Greg saw it and tagged me, otherwise the stupid facebook algorithms probably wouldn't have even shown me the post!

Funny thing is, I think I may have ridden this bike once as a passenger when I did a two-up with Ken Hill for a few laps around Sonoma last year....

AFM #302

post #9 of 13 Old 10-19-2017, 02:55 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honey Badger View Post
I'm just glad Greg saw it and tagged me, otherwise the stupid facebook algorithms probably wouldn't have even shown me the post!

Funny thing is, I think I may have ridden this bike once as a passenger when I did a two-up with Ken Hill for a few laps around Sonoma last year....
If this was a Keigwins day then very likely yes :)

I like that bike, the ECU flash works real well now. Initially, it wasn't happy at all, as power delivery was very abrupt and everyone who had ridden it hated it for this reason. So Canfield was on the phone working on it with Chuck Graves it and I was his test rider for finding the best setting. I remember when it finally felt right, I was out doing laps and didn't want to come in :)
post #10 of 13 Old 10-19-2017, 03:06 PM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanister View Post
If this was a Keigwins day then very likely yes :)

I like that bike, the ECU flash works real well now. Initially, it wasn't happy at all, as power delivery was very abrupt and everyone who had ridden it hated it for this reason. So Canfield was on the phone working on it with Chuck Graves it and I was his test rider for finding the best setting. I remember when it finally felt right, I was out doing laps and didn't want to come in :)
Definitely the same bike then, cause Canfield did the flash/autoblip on it...

AFM #302

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.