Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

New goodies!

Gen 2: 2006-07 
7K views 41 replies 7 participants last post by  Toothless89 
#1 · (Edited)
well since i picked up my 06 last september, i haven't had the funds or the time to do some good TLC
here is what she's got so far, waiting on bearings then all will be installed
-520 gold/black chain
-17t Front 42t rear (+2)
-puig smoke windscreen
-pirellis front and back
-driven racing hand grips
-new wheel bearings Front and back
-gold rims,bar ends, and alignment markers
-90° valve stems

**next mods**
-Fresh Dyno Tune
**as more funds become available**
-ZX 14 Calipers
-Brembo 19x18
-Hotbodies Race tail so i can delete the passenger pegs
**planned for next winter**
-08, 09 zx10r crank
-race cams

See less See more
#2 ·
your pics didnt show. nice mods tho. I went 16t in the front, and am considering going back! it so much power! i can power my bike up in 5th!

not sure why you want hot bodies tail, i took my pegs off without it. and have undertail kit for 9.99 on it... the 14 calipers make a HUGE difference.

#3 ·
its covered and 32 degrees f here today, ill take some pics soon of the underneath so you can see what i did.

Reactions: Toothless89
#4 ·
https://www.flickr.com/photos/130483230@N04/16719957570/

not sure why they wont show up, but hopefully the link above will let you navigate through the pics!

and thanks, stupid monies are a big problem.

i've heard the 16 can make a hugeee difference, i didnt want to drop by top speed number to much,

about the hotbodies race tail, i just love the look of it, with a couple of LED strips i can easily wire it up for street use with just a couple of tiny holes for the wires.

pretty much the goal with this bike is to have it ready for the track in about 2-3 years time when i am done school and get something brand new for the street

Reactions: 95zx9r
#5 ·
cool well ill try for pics soon, i got stuff int he way right now... if you do put the hotbodies on send me a pm or let me know somehow! id like to see it. i was thinking about myself but am fine with what i have... though when you get down and actually look at mine, its definitely not as nice as a hot bodies would be... ive heard they sometimes dont fit right... meh.

#7 ·
i hit 299 kph with the 16 on the front of mine.... and there was still 1000 RPM left and it was still climbing, so the sacrifice was not noticeable! im gonna dig it out today ill get some pics.

#9 ·
i'll let you guys know how she runs with +2 rear vs stock gearing
and yeah, the zx14 calipers are 100% next mod with a brembo mc
no more passenger pegs, gonna try for some weight loss haha, any suggestions on what i can get rid off safely?

just waiting for my tank to come back from paint now ...

#10 ·
it took me about 8 hours of scrubbing and washing and rubbing to get the crap off my chain guard where the sticker was! ill post up some pics soon. i took some yesterday. phones upstairs and im lazy!

#11 ·
haha usually when i buy bikes i'll take off parts that usually see a lot of grease build up and soak them in gasoline/oil mix then brush away with a tooth brush. usually about 15 mins gets everything out.

same goes for chain/sprockets toothbrush with a bit of engine de-greaser will get rid of all the gunk within minutes!

to keep everything clean is my usual hand wash/inspections on saturdays along with a cleaning with MOTUL moto wash, this stuff will get everything sparkling!

#12 ·
ok, here we go!

#13 ·
bike looks great man ! much better without the passenger pegs, a lot sleeker and smoother. where did you locate your rear brake fluid reservoir ? looks so shiny! are those zx6r calipers? if so what year??

i gotta wait a bit on the hotbodies tail, going to cost me around $200 maybe after i get a second job for the summer... I am planning to do sv650 style rear brake/running lights and still dont know how i want the indicators to look.

#14 ·
i just took the reservoir off and put a plug in the line. has been like that for 2 years. took out the plug to make sure there was still bit of extra fluid in the line, there is.. took the time and just flushed the whole line out with new fluid... no need for a reservoir. they are just for show!

they are 2013 ZX-14 calipers. got them brand new off ebay for about 180 shipped. guy buys new zx-14s and parts them out, keeping the stuff he needs for building dune buggies or something... not a bad business!

i would rather a little cleaner undertail, but honestly nobody looks under there. the exhaust covers it from both sides and the plate is what you see when your not looking at the tail light... so i left it. and its not that bad... i went through 1 little patch of water and BOOM dirt everywhere!

#15 ·
oh and now that im looking at the pic, im rememebring, i have that metal bar there because at the time i had no washers big enough to cover part of the green plastic, and if you just put the 4 bolts back in, the plastic piece un snaps and flops around, so now i just put on my to do list, find big washers... ill paint them black... or green and put them on. it will look better than the flat bar.

#16 ·

Just got my brembo 19x18!!!!! Gotta wait for the calipers now... I hope my friend can get back to me before I start looking at ebay... how did you find the zx14 calipers compared to the stock??

#18 ·
i found they are WAAAAAY better. and you with the brembo MC... your gonna notice it! go steel braded lines too man if you dont have em. you have 2/3 of a perfect brake jbo out of the way, and braded lines are cheap!!

ive got 4 new washers, all painted green ready to install on my undertail. ill remvoe the steel flatbar and put 4 washers instead... was going to put em on last night and though... man i want carriage bolts rather than those nuts sticking out. so ill head to store today and get er done. post pics soon.

Reactions: Toothless89
#19 ·
yup already have SS lines, i am way too stoked to see the difference.

hurry up and do it lol, cant wait to see the pics!

#20 · (Edited)
Here it is, all done. Also i got the new graphics on my KX450F, so i made sure to show that off in the pic also!

#23 ·
im just meticulous with it. people ask every time they see it. is that brand new, im like nah its nearly 10 years old and they gasp! i just wash it for an hour after every few rides. and keep the hard to reach areas clean, when you slack off and let the unseen parts get dirty, then it sets up the pathway for dirtyness, cause having those parts dirty will give you an excuse to leave the rest dirty also! also, i hit my rear seat cowl one time with my boot and put a mark on it... so i replaced it. haha cant stand that shit!!

plexus, rim cleaner, chain cleaner, chain lube, thats all i use. i dont hose down, or pressure wash my bike. i dont ride it in the rain unless im stuck out somewhere. i may have to hose it down if it gets that bad, but typically its just got a few mud spots on it and a wet rag cleans it up pretty easy. the pics you see above are as dirty as it gets.

#24 ·
the bike looks soooo clean!!!!!!!@95zx9r

and @ninja life, the brembo was around 300. i had one on my r6 and now on this, best investment ever.

I Hope i can finally post a pic of my bike all put together next week. I am so tired of seeing her apart. then off for a tune (hoping for 170 ish atleast)

also, had an addition to the Kawai family yesterday!

my gf picked up a 636

and now our garage is

#25 ·
your girlfriends bike looks cool, i like the color.

unfortunately, my wife liked the black and gold better than any kawasaki colors that were around when she was looking.. it was hard for me to allow a Yamaha in the garage, luckily i like it. Its light as hell compared to the 10..

#26 ·
Regarding the front sprocket change and top speed: isn't the speedo taken off the drive line so if you change the sprocket it puts the speedo out as well.

So when it appears you are hitting 300 you are now actually hitting 275 (random figure I plucked out of the air) but it is showing higher? Hence some of the popularity around speedo healers.....

Nice bikes all by the way! I tried to get my wife into bikes but she just isn't that interested....

#27 ·
Yes, you are right.. which is why if you notice in my signature, you will see I have a speedo healer :) So yeah i was actually going 300 with the sprocket change. Changing tire size also puts out speedo.. I checked mine after setting using 2 different GPS units.. phone and a car one..

#28 ·
haha i got lucky i guess, mine found all but the 636 ugly! she loves the 2013+ 636, some day...
so bad new, still no tank...

good news. i sent my injectors to get matched yesterday, should have them by monday, i pick up my zx14 calipers tomorrow and i pick up my tank tuesday (hopefully)

cant wait to post the results, i am really stoked to try out the +2 in the rear and the new rubber!

#29 ·
Finally! Zx14 calipers are in!

Call me crazy but these feel almost half the weight of the stock calipers

And tank from being repainted

Next part I am waiting on is my power commander ignition module then going in for dyno tune on may 5th. Hopefully my ignition module comes in on time! I'll post a pic of the bike finally put together.

#30 ·
get er done!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.