8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 13 Old 02-22-2017, 04:26 PM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to mwasse
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotman623 View Post
Plus in my opinion you are working with one of the best tuning guys in the industry..Nels knows what he is doing!!
Agreed...Its been a pleasure spending days at the shop getting this thing ready..Rumor is he squeezed a couple more ponies out of my bike recently too..His efforts helping me back on the track after an extended retirement from the sport is amazing. I think one of the things I missed most being away from the track is all the good people there !
scotman623 likes this.

Wasse
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 13 Old 02-22-2017, 04:33 PM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwasse View Post
Agreed...Its been a pleasure spending days at the shop getting this thing ready..Rumor is he squeezed a couple more ponies out of my bike recently too..His efforts helping me back on the track after an extended retirement from the sport is amazing. I think one of the things I missed most being away from the track is all the good people there !
I believe you are the one Nels Talked to me about, Said you are very FAST with some track records, Took some time off for MMA fighting... I wish you the best of luck, keep me updated on your season. Scott

The track is my HAPPY PLACE!
post #13 of 13 Old 02-23-2017, 12:48 PM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to mwasse
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotman623 View Post
I believe you are the one Nels Talked to me about, Said you are very FAST with some track records, Took some time off for MMA fighting... I wish you the best of luck, keep me updated on your season. Scott
I believe thats Mitchell Pierce he told you about. Mitch and I do have similiar stories...I did have a couple track records in my class back in my days....and won several championships in Washington and Oregon....And I do train and compete in MMA..submission tournaments.. Honestly, I will be happy if I can keep Mitch in site for just a few laps this year as I'm coming out of a 20 year retirement. He came back last year after a 9 year hiatus and made podium in both his races. super nice guy.... people seemed pretty impressed how fast I went at a track day last August...I was glad to see I still have a few balls left, but Im coming out now more for just fun and hot laps...race against myself and laptimes...and if I pass a few people in search of getting faster than cool...haha...those younger guys can have fun battling up front. BUt the spark as been reignited with that which was a huge part of my life for a decade thru the late 80s and late 90s...most of all, other than that high of being on the track, I have missed all the amazing people involved in this sport, both those that race and those support in some dynamic or another. I will take the well wishes tho :-) best wishes to you as well whatever your venture is this season !

Wasse
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in