Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

MotoComposites Carbon Fiber Seat Cowl

Gen 5: 2016-20 
4K views 14 replies 7 participants last post by  vroomshankar 
#1 ·

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
No clue on this one but it seems almost as expensive as the OEM cowl. Ofcourse OEM wont give you the CF finish.

Personally, i saved a lot of bucks and went the ebay way for one of them Chinese replicas. Cost peanuts in comparison and barring a slight colour mismatch (i chose green) which can only been seen on very close inspection, it fits and works fine. The ebay ones had a CF option as well as far as I remember.

Attachments

#3 ·
Thanks for the response Vroom. I wasn't able to gather much info on the Chinese versions. I understood it was a hitn'miss type thing.
My local Kawasaki shop will most likely hook me up with a nice discount on an OEM if I decide to buck up. I like having some real carbon fibre on my bike so I will look into it a bit more.

#5 ·
I got the ebay one myself I was not too happy, here is the link. I purchased the $60 one, and the fitment has large air gaps between the cowl and the bike. The carbon fiber or whatever the material, has pitting in it and does not have a nice shine to it. Maybe that could be fixed with a good wax or clay bar idk. Also the top of the cowl had a bow in it as well that was what really got me, just stood out from like 10 feet away if the light hit it right. There is a thread by zx10archer where he spent a good amount of time compering oem and ebay ones.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/sis.html?_...id=262694544076&&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2658

#6 ·
Has anyone purchased one of these?
I am just wondering how it fits? quality level.

thanks!
Just make sure you find it all from the same supplier so that the CF colors, weaves, direction all matches. I know how you gsxr boys like to look pretty

also, cmon man, its almost 2018, you can return it if it doesn't fit, saddle up son

#10 ·
As an add-on to the OP... I have done business with moto composites in the past. Got a CF Tail Cowl for my 999R and my painter painted it almost to OEM specs.. The price was pretty darn good, Quality was great.. They did warn me about lead time and they were correct as it was a custom order. That was my experience with this vendor, and I would say it was a good one.

RC

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.