Might sell my zx10r - Page 6 - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
 41Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #51 of 132 Old 06-02-2017, 07:29 AM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Skidooboy;

Wtf you on about. Im not argueing anything.
I came for advice and the obvious easy option is to fit new components from the best manufacturers which everyone knows so thats no help to me.
But as i keep saying i dont have that much money.
So i look to people for advice to try fix it myself.
Everyone said ditch the steering damper or fit race scu coz thats the only way.
I thought about it and made uprated valves myself and cured the problem.
If i can find out the right info i can probably fix it myself but i keep getting mixed info.
Plus i get people like you saying stuff like spending out on a new bike even though i got no money.
Well let me put it simple for you.
If i get 9 for my bike and sell all my zx10r spares i have i will be close to 10k so yes i could go 10k on a different bike.
I like to find cures for problems that dont cost the earth. Its a good feeling.
Ive been doing it for years and i used to sell lots of products on ebay so fairly successfull at it too.
Its what gave me the cash to buy my bike in the first place.
I just have to battle people like yourself who obviously can afford to just go buy the solution.
I did the big bang r1 shock conversion on the gen1.
2010 brake conversion on gen1.
Swing arm conversion.
Even got r1m calipers on my bike now.
If its doable for a cheap price im all in

Last edited by ukzx10r; 06-02-2017 at 11:57 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 132 Old 06-02-2017, 01:08 PM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by bidwell427 View Post
If rear grip fell off a cliff quickly then you need to get it properly set up with a quality shock as others have mentioned (Ohlins Penske, etc).

I have a Gen IV with all Ohlins set up for my weight and a Dan Kyle 0% rear link and its fantastic. When the rear tire loses its best grip (lets say 2-3 hard sessions), drive grip is diminished but its still possible to turn decent lap times for another 3-4 sessions.

BTW, if you want to see what a Gen IV is really capable of, check out this vid: 2012 Kawasaki ZX10R At Oulton Park - YouTube
Ive seen this vid before.
Its a cool vid on a cool track made better by lots of slower riders.
If you really study it he is quite agressive on the throttle and the bike pics up very well through the rev range so its very well mapped. It certainaly pics up faster than mine does.
Plus he has some awsome mechanical grip there. I feel i can ride hard like that when tyres new but it drops off so fast and with not much warning which is pretty dangerous and i am cautious because of that
post #53 of 132 Old 06-02-2017, 03:41 PM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Do you use TC on track?

I notice it was off when you had that moment in the video.

Not sure if you will remember, but did you shut off when the rear slid or roll off?

post #54 of 132 Old 06-02-2017, 04:22 PM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10Arghh View Post
Do you use TC on track?

I notice it was off when you had that moment in the video.

Not sure if you will remember, but did you shut off when the rear slid or roll off?
It was off on that vid but i usually run with it on 1 or 2 if if my tyres real bad.
My mistake to try it turned off as you can see it lets go pretty rapidly. I put my hands up to that.
I thought about next time trying it on 2 from the beggining to see if it saves the tyre. (And me)
As for shutting off the throttle or rolling off the throttle i couldnt say in that instance because it happened so fast and my bum was in the air.
The rolling off is ok in theory but very hard to actually do if the slide is as rapid as this one was.
Ive managed to save one by rolling on the lap previous.

Last edited by ukzx10r; 06-03-2017 at 02:28 AM.
post #55 of 132 Old 06-02-2017, 04:58 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

As the old saying goes. You cannot go faster than your wallet.
SkyDork, jr0065 and ukzx10r like this.

2016 Kawasaki ZX10R KRT ABS
2016 Suzuki GSX-S 1000 ABS
post #56 of 132 Old 06-03-2017, 02:36 AM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by obijack View Post
As the old saying goes. You cannot go faster than your wallet.
Maybe but i usually keep up with riders and some racers with better spec bikes.
In this instance on this track it was hard work to keep up made alot worse by the fact i didnt know where the track went as id never seen it before
post #57 of 132 Old 06-03-2017, 08:03 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Lol. Dude you gotta keep your ego off the Internet.

2016 Kawasaki ZX10R KRT ABS
2016 Suzuki GSX-S 1000 ABS
post #58 of 132 Old 06-03-2017, 11:33 AM
LDH
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

10 Years ago when I was in my prime doing 50-60 track events per season test riding, instructing and doing some moto-journalist stuff I had a friend that once commented in a public setting that he ran the same pace as I did on our home track and his point was that my bike was laden with full Ohlins suspension and even some prototype parts while his was bone stock. I asked him how hard he was riding to keep up with me and he said "110% maxed out" when I informed him my level was closer to 75% and totally in my comfort zone he was incredulous at best. I let him ride my bike for a session the next event we did together and he blatantly said that is was cheating because it was so easy to ride.

During that same time my wife and I and I both had CBR1000RR's. Hers was bone stock and mine was again all decked out with properly setup Ohlins with an optimized geometry. She instantly dropped 4 seconds per lap! 4 Seconds is A HUGE change in lap time. If someone is 4 seconds a lap faster than you that means they just passed you and disappeared within about 2 turns. The only difference was the compliance of the suspension doing its job properly made her more comfortable and confident in what the bike was doing and the feedback it was giving her.

If you want to ride faster with less drama quit making excuses and get some proper kit. It works period.
jr0065 likes this.
post #59 of 132 Old 06-03-2017, 12:40 PM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by LDH View Post
If you want to ride faster with less drama quit making excuses and get some proper kit. It works period.
Sorry i didnt make it clear enough.
I DONT HAVE A SPARE 1000+ POUNDS TO GET MY REAR SUSPENSION SET UP.
is that clearer lol.
Im renovating our house and I DONT HAVE THE EXTRA CASH.
just after advice on what spring weight id need etc..
If i had spare cash i wouldnt be on hear asking questions id be paying a pro to sort it for me.
If noone has any info that is of any use to me then id rather noone commented.
Getting hacked off with negativity coming from some members on here.
post #60 of 132 Old 06-03-2017, 04:35 PM
LDH
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Then quit riding until you get your priorities sorted. It's really not that difficult just choose what is most important to you and focus on that.

You think you are short on cash now what's going to happen when you launch yourself over the handlebars, fuck up the bike, your body and everything else. How much renovation are you going to get done laid up in the hospital or worse?

Personally I don't get it anyway you have plenty of money to spend on tires and track days and stupid shit trying to band-aid your bikes shit handling, but hell you have more slide moments and saves in one session than I have had in the last 2 years.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in