Might sell my zx10r - Page 12 - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
 41Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #111 of 132 Old 06-26-2017, 05:23 AM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10Arghh View Post
You could always get the remainder on finance. Most dealers would go for that if you part ex.

I would definitely try that new Honda though. Think it's probably best all rounder of the new Superbikes.
Yes finance could be an option but as of yet im not willing to give up on the zx10. Im getting my mupo shock sent to italy today to get it revalved and resprung so im going to try that first.
Ive modded my seat too which is better but still not the same feeling as bmw or suzuki.
They seem to be alot easier to move around on
10Arghh likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #112 of 132 Old 06-26-2017, 06:02 AM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukzx10r View Post
Yes finance could be an option but as of yet im not willing to give up on the zx10. Im getting my mupo shock sent to italy today to get it revalved and resprung so im going to try that first.
Ive modded my seat too which is better but still not the same feeling as bmw or suzuki.
They seem to be alot easier to move around on
I don't find the position in the seat as good as my old GSXR on the ZX10R which I find a little more uncomfortable, I think due to the footpeg angle.

At some point I will invest in some rearsets to see if I can optimise the position.

If you like the S1KRR seat, have you thought about buying a used one on eBay and maybe use it as a reference for a custom ZX10R seat?

It is probably more than the seat though so may have to look at the angle of the pegs on the BMW also.

Might be worth a look.

Good to hear you're sticking with the 10....I think it's a great bike, but obviously its not set up out of the crate for every rider.

Let us know the feedback after using the bike on track with the rebuilt shock.
post #113 of 132 Old 06-26-2017, 07:12 AM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
I don't find the position in the seat as good as my old GSXR on the ZX10R which I find a little more uncomfortable, I think due to the footpeg angle.

At some point I will invest in some rearsets to see if I can optimise the position.

If you like the S1KRR seat, have you thought about buying a used one on eBay and maybe use it as a reference for a custom ZX10R seat?

It is probably more than the seat though so may have to look at the angle of the pegs on the BMW also.

Might be worth a look.

Good to hear you're sticking with the 10....I think it's a great bike, but obviously its not set up out of the crate for every rider.

Let us know the feedback after using the bike on track with the rebuilt shock.
I already have a s1000 seat and ive tried to adapt it but its not going to be possible without looking gash.
Ive heated up my zx10 seat and curved it up at the back. This has allowed 1inch rise at the back but its still not enough believe it or not.

post #114 of 132 Old 06-26-2017, 07:38 AM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
I already have a s1000 seat and ive tried to adapt it but its not going to be possible without looking gash.
Ive heated up my zx10 seat and curved it up at the back. This has allowed 1inch rise at the back but its still not enough believe it or not.
Maybe experiment with individual layers of padding on top of the seat, then when you have something to your liking...Remove the pins holding the surface covering to the seat and stick the padding in then re-cover.
post #115 of 132 Old 06-26-2017, 05:12 PM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Maybe experiment with individual layers of padding on top of the seat, then when you have something to your liking...Remove the pins holding the surface covering to the seat and stick the padding in then re-cover.
That kinda the idea i had. I wanna strip the s1k seat and see if i can adapt the foam onto my seat then re staple
post #116 of 132 Old 06-27-2017, 07:52 AM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
That kinda the idea i had. I wanna strip the s1k seat and see if i can adapt the foam onto my seat then re staple
At some point I'm going to replace the foam in my seat with some high quality memory foam.

After riding to Nurburgring a few months back, my arse wasn't too pleased.
ukzx10r likes this.
post #117 of 132 Old 06-30-2017, 03:58 PM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

I enjoyed watching this GSXR 17 vs. BMW 16 video:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaXs0VOcztI

Gen4 race: high spec.
Suzuki GSX1300R Hayabusa 2013: stock.
Kawasaki KX450F 2016: love it.
post #118 of 132 Old 06-30-2017, 05:51 PM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos76 View Post
I enjoyed watching this GSXR 17 vs. BMW 16 video:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaXs0VOcztI
Yeah they funny guys.
They commented on the same things i noticed.
The poor throttle. Poor welds and finish. Poo feeling brakes.
But i couldnt say the rest of it was that good like they were saying although i didnt try the rr version.
You wouldnt want one as a road bike i guarentee but maybe it comes together better on track.
The midrange pickup was good and slightly more than my gen4 but not sure about better than s1k.
post #119 of 132 Old 07-16-2017, 05:33 PM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Got my shock back at last.
Fully serviced and supplied with a dyno chart.
Although i requested a 110 spring they suggested that i needed a 115.
I thought that may be a hard ride but it just isnt. Its just very controlled over the bumps and nice feedback when leant over.
Not tried it on track but its certainly going to be an improvement.
The only issue i had was hitting some big bumps in the road at high speed caused the bike to get out of control so i need to back off the preload and have a more forgiving road setting.
post #120 of 132 Old 07-18-2017, 08:27 AM
MFT
Squid

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Got my shock back at last.
Fully serviced and supplied with a dyno chart.
Although i requested a 110 spring they suggested that i needed a 115.
I thought that may be a hard ride but it just isnt. Its just very controlled over the bumps and nice feedback when leant over.
Not tried it on track but its certainly going to be an improvement.
The only issue i had was hitting some big bumps in the road at high speed caused the bike to get out of control so i need to back off the preload and have a more forgiving road setting.
Are you running the shock with the gen 5 links and dog bone?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.