Longevity - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 Old 09-27-2017, 06:16 AM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

Longevity

I picked up an 07 that has been very well maintained and taken care of.
Two Bros slip ons are the only add on as far as performance .
Adjustable clip ons and lowered rearsets so I can actually put some real miles on without feeling like I been subject to some medieval torture device after 2 or 300 miles in a day.
My thoughts are is this bike too high strung to put serious miles on without some major overhaul at a great cost.
Is it just a race replica disposabike?
Like 30000 and it's ready for the squid sale block?
Has anyone put many miles on one of these ?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Message_1505135846014_1506507359513.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	1.28 MB
ID:	404522  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 Old 09-27-2017, 02:45 PM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
a member here rolled over 104k and is now track racing his gen 1 which still dyno'd in the 154~hp range. another member here has put over 70k on his gen4. A personal friend of mine put 50k on his gen4.

Follow the maintenance schedule and they run hard and forever, or until they get wrecked.
post #3 of 14 Old 09-27-2017, 03:55 PM
LDH
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Or until Scout gets ahold of it

post #4 of 14 Old 09-27-2017, 10:25 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

Tat is good to hear as I do really like the 10 and with an Air Hawk or gel seat cover I think I could get it close to sport touring status as that was what I was looking to trade initially for my 07 Z1000. So far there are no regrets for swapping the ZX10 for the Z1000.
To me the 10 is a more comfortable bike than the Z as there is wind protection and the seat is much cushier.
To add to the story which led me to create this post is 2 weeks after I did the swap a guy wanted to trade my Z for an FJR1300.
I said to late but would he be interested in the ZX?
His reply was the Z is a far better built bike and that ZXs are built to be raced and then disposed of.
The guy I traded with had the Z dynotuned and got it from 122 hp from when I had it to 135hp. He loves the bike.
So with that being said and the replies to my post I further have no regrets.
I do ride everyday during the riding season and do rack up miles.
Thanks again!!
post #5 of 14 Old 09-28-2017, 10:37 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

So much facepalm in this thread. Who is giving you this shit info about a race bike that should be disposed of after xxx amount of miles?? That dude is a idiot!
"No Regrets"??? Other than its a tweaked out sportbike and it sounds like you're looking for something more Goldwing perhaps (Touring???)?? I was going to make a ape hanger joke but wont. There are some great ST bikes out there, but this one didnt come off the factory floor intended for that. Also think its interesting you find the ZX more comfy when the Z1K is more upright and many people get that bike because its more comfy than a ZX Supersport or Superbike.
Sounds like you did zero research on this bike before the purchase and obviously didnt even visit this forum or youd see how many people have put tons of miles on these bikes.
"A disposabike ready for the squid sale block at 30K"??? lol @ whatever that means. Do you intend to maintain a motorcycle you own? This goes for any bike.
FWIW i do 2-300 miles easier on a G2 than my 636, but if its that torturous then maybe take a look at a standard or cruiser. Really, i think youd be happier on a older Goldwing.

*Official winner of one Riflemans 1/5 insert

Every fortress falls, it is not the end. It aint if you fall, its how you rise that says who you really are.
- QOTSA

"if you want to be told today to fk off let me no I can help"
- Peter
post #6 of 14 Old 09-28-2017, 07:26 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

Well well I guess we are all entitled to our opinion are we not.
Have you put 20000 on a Z1?
I have and the seat is like sitting in a plank and you might as well put ape hangers on it with all the great wind protection.
And yes the statement that guy made about the ZX is his view not really a fact.

Maybe I jumped the gun by asking about miles.
I was glad to see that they can put them on with being properly maintained. Those guys were cool about giving me info.
I must have struck a nerve or something.
post #7 of 14 Old 09-28-2017, 09:40 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Not much nerves left lol. But yea the race replica disposabike and 30K squid sale block was what had me facepalm'ing. It was as though you felt like you bought a squid bike that would be trash at 30K and is only good for some track duty then put it out to pasture. And yet you seemed worried that you wouldnt be able to do 200mi in a day on a bike you say you feel more comfy on than a Z1...and no ive never done anything than sat on a Z1, couldnt get past the handlebars at near eye level.

*Official winner of one Riflemans 1/5 insert

Every fortress falls, it is not the end. It aint if you fall, its how you rise that says who you really are.
- QOTSA

"if you want to be told today to fk off let me no I can help"
- Peter
post #8 of 14 Old 09-28-2017, 11:59 PM
Squid

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capncalyx View Post
So much facepalm in this thread. Who is giving you this shit info about a race bike that should be disposed of after xxx amount of miles?? That dude is a idiot!
"No Regrets"??? Other than its a tweaked out sportbike and it sounds like you're looking for something more Goldwing perhaps (Touring???)?? I was going to make a ape hanger joke but wont. There are some great ST bikes out there, but this one didnt come off the factory floor intended for that. Also think its interesting you find the ZX more comfy when the Z1K is more upright and many people get that bike because its more comfy than a ZX Supersport or Superbike.
Sounds like you did zero research on this bike before the purchase and obviously didnt even visit this forum or youd see how many people have put tons of miles on these bikes.
"A disposabike ready for the squid sale block at 30K"??? lol @ whatever that means. Do you intend to maintain a motorcycle you own? This goes for any bike.
FWIW i do 2-300 miles easier on a G2 than my 636, but if its that torturous then maybe take a look at a standard or cruiser. Really, i think youd be happier on a older Goldwing.
EZ, Bubba Zenneti
post #9 of 14 Old 09-29-2017, 12:00 AM
Squid

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastShell View Post
I picked up an 07 that has been very well maintained and taken care of.
Two Bros slip ons are the only add on as far as performance .
Adjustable clip ons and lowered rearsets so I can actually put some real miles on without feeling like I been subject to some medieval torture device after 2 or 300 miles in a day.
My thoughts are is this bike too high strung to put serious miles on without some major overhaul at a great cost.
Is it just a race replica disposabike?
Like 30000 and it's ready for the squid sale block?
Has anyone put many miles on one of these ?
What kind of tires are those,, Sticky , Sticky
post #10 of 14 Old 09-29-2017, 12:18 AM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

See? We are alright?
The real reason I was interested in a ST was to hit Florida a couple times a year.
Not a big deal that I don't at this point and time. To busy..
The ZX is perfect for what I use it for. Commute to work 40 miles round trip and the 200 to 300 mile weekend rides with my buds. Track days next season. Road America..what a great track!

Our group.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20170903_130355_HDR_1506658683581.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	1.27 MB
ID:	404602  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.