Gen 5: 2016 -> Kit ECU resource thread - Page 2 - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
 13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 25 Old 04-27-2018, 03:10 PM
Squid

Posting Frequency

So I was talking to Bryan Livengood at Livengood Motorsports today and apparently there’s a v1.3 software update that has been released.

What do we know about that this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 25 Old 04-27-2018, 03:41 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by neonmarine View Post
So I was talking to Bryan Livengood at Livengood Motorsports today and apparently there’s a v1.3 software update that has been released.

I have heard about an upcoming "update" back at the end of 2017. From the conversation, it seemed like it might be more than just software update but might even include a kit-ecu factory flash. This was entirely hear-say kind of information so I wouldn't be surprised that it is nothing more than Fi Software version update you've mentioned. Current version being 1.10, also referred to as "Advanced." Advanced is a bit of a misnomer since it's not so much about being able to do more advanced things but rather certain controls are better. Such as quick shifting and engine braking. The values are the same as older version (1.0) but what they mean at the ECU level is very different.

Very much looking forward to hearing what 1.3 is about and what else it might entail.
post #13 of 25 Old 04-27-2018, 04:00 PM
Squid

Posting Frequency

From what Bryan was explaining, the v1.3 update “fixed all the problems” with the older versions. I cannot comment on any of this because I’ve yet to invest in the kit ECU.

Trust me, once my R1 sells I will be getting the whole system and start out with the v1.1 to get a baseline, then move up.

post #14 of 25 Old 04-27-2018, 04:52 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
From what Bryan was explaining, the v1.3 update “fixed all the problems” with the older versions. I cannot comment on any of this because I’ve yet to invest in the kit ECU.

Trust me, once my R1 sells I will be getting the whole system and start out with the v1.1 to get a baseline, then move up.
Wonder what those "all problems" are. Glad to hear that Kawi is continuing to support the technology. Much like with 1.10, it will be a purchasable item. Version 1.0 came with the kit ecu, 1.10 was about $50-60 at the dealer. Just need to know the part number. What's good is that 1.10 comes with a document, which explains the differences in the new, advanced version. I'm sure 1.3 will have something of that sort as well. Can't wait :)
post #15 of 25 Old 04-27-2018, 09:25 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

@Lanister: Did you find that updating to v1.1 gave better results with "wheelie-control"? I'm still running v1.0 and have never been able to find a setting that didn't allow it to occasionally 12-o'clock and try to flip without killing drive off corners.

Then again, maybe I'm just no good at finding the right settings, and v1.0 is fine.
post #16 of 25 Old 04-27-2018, 09:52 PM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:

Sure it’s 1.3? Not the 1.03v? 1.03 is the version that fixed most issues before they brought out 1.1 but it was only available if you knew the right people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #17 of 25 Old 04-28-2018, 06:31 AM
Squid

Posting Frequency

I’m fairly certain it’s 1.3, when I mention the “latest update” and referencing the 1.1 and he immediately said a v1.3 was out.
post #18 of 25 Old 04-28-2018, 08:29 AM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
I’m fairly certain it’s 1.3, when I mention the “latest update” and referencing the 1.1 and he immediately said a v1.3 was out.

I’ll ask the thai Kawasaki Team next weekend but I know they’re still running 1.1v and they’re factory supported Team.

neonmarine likes this.
post #19 of 25 Old 04-28-2018, 08:33 AM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanister View Post
I have heard about an upcoming "update" back at the end of 2017. From the conversation, it seemed like it might be more than just software update but might even include a kit-ecu factory flash. This was entirely hear-say kind of information so I wouldn't be surprised that it is nothing more than Fi Software version update you've mentioned. Current version being 1.10, also referred to as "Advanced." Advanced is a bit of a misnomer since it's not so much about being able to do more advanced things but rather certain controls are better. Such as quick shifting and engine braking. The values are the same as older version (1.0) but what they mean at the ECU level is very different.

Very much looking forward to hearing what 1.3 is about and what else it might entail.

The kit ECU flash will be coming soon as the 2019 FIM Superstock regulations change so that teams have to run standard ECU. So, everyone will have to switch to something similar to what BMW have been doing with the HP Calibration kits. Wouldn’t doubt the 2019 zx10 gets an updated ECU.

neonmarine likes this.
post #20 of 25 Old 05-02-2018, 04:17 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newf View Post
The kit ECU flash will be coming soon as the 2019 FIM Superstock regulations change so that teams have to run standard ECU. So, everyone will have to switch to something similar to what BMW have been doing with the HP Calibration kits. Wouldn’t doubt the 2019 zx10 gets an updated ECU.

What's an "HP Calibration Kit?"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in