Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

kit ecu qs/auto-blip issues

Gen 5: 2016-20 
4K views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  CanyonCarver 
#1 ·
Hey guys, wanted to put this out to the community to hopefully help me chase down this gremlin.

I have a 2017 with kit ecu. First ride out on track, I discovered that neither quick shifter or auto-blipper are working. The bike doesn't do anything, no matter how hard I push/pull. Otherwise, the bike runs fine.

I have the following things enabled:

Dash - KQS Up and Down set to ON (indicator is showing both arrows on the bottom right)
ECU Fi Software - Polarity set correctly but I tried both values (4 and 5)
ECU Fi Software - Shift Voltages are default
ECU Fi Software Monitoring Shift Sensor is reporting following values when I operate the shift lever:

At rest: 2.48v
High: 3.89v
Low: 0.70v

So the sensor is talking to the ECU.

Completely puzzled as to what else it might be.

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Hey guys, wanted to put this out to the community to hopefully help me chase down this gremlin.

I have a 2017 with kit ecu. First ride out on track, I discovered that neither quick shifter or auto-blipper are working. The bike doesn't do anything, no matter how hard I push/pull. Otherwise, the bike runs fine.

I have the following things enabled:

Dash - KQS Up and Down set to ON (indicator is showing both arrows on the bottom right)

ECU Fi Software - Polarity set correctly but I tried both values (4 and 5)

ECU Fi Software - Shift Voltages are default

ECU Fi Software Monitoring Shift Sensor is reporting following values when I operate the shift lever:

At rest: 2.48v

High: 3.89v

Low: 0.70v

So the sensor is talking to the ECU.

Completely puzzled as to what else it might be.

The std shift times are too short, you’ll need to adjust them to about 50/50/40/20/20 and then if you find the cut is too long you can start to shorten them again. STD map has 5/5/5/5/5 which is too short.

What version software?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#3 ·
I'm running advanced v1.10.

Thanks for heads up on the cut times. I'll look at those for sure.

I do believe I have figured out the problem otherwise. Not 100% sure (haven't tested) yet but it you have to reverse voltages when you go from std shift to gp on those 12 lines. (Shift UP/DOWN Judgement Voltage Low/High). That's 12 different lines in the settings. I assumed that changing "Shifter Sensor Type" from 4 to 5 would make software reverse polarity automatically but it doesn't. You have to do that manually. Again, I haven't confirmed it yet because it's raining but I'm reasonably certain this was the culprit.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.