Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

HOW R YOU KEEPING YOUR BIKE FROM GETTING STOLEN.........

8K views 83 replies 33 participants last post by  Skyler Zanth 
#1 ·
How are you guys keeping your bike from being jacked...i got mine in my carport ( i live in the country) locked to my other bikes... motrax heavy duty chain running through the back rim & swing arm & another long heavy duty chain running through the front rim of the 10R & through my other 5 bikes so if some one comes a knocking there going to have to make a hell of alot of noise trying to cut the chains & i also have this small color camera with sound that i installed last week if i hear a noise i just press a button on the t.v. remote & i'm now looking at my bikes..very cool...& if i ever confront some mofo in my garage i'll greet him with the u.s. militarys finest NATO SPEC.223(SS109 LIGHT METAL PENETRATERS) & offer him an ass full of hot metal....

#2 ·
Funny thing is that I live in one of the countries in the world with the worst crime & theft rate! Yet, I'm not in the least bit concerned about my bike being stolen, and you seem almost paranoid!

Perhaps it's due to the fact that I know if it gets stolen I can get a new one! The insurance will pay for it! Perhaps it's because motorcycle theft is basically non-existant in South Africa. They only steal cars and utility vans.

Then again, it's probably due to the fact that I live in a small town. Hell, I don't even lock my car at night!

#3 ·
R1GSXRKILLER said:
How are you guys keeping your bike from being jacked.
I put it in my garage blocked in by my car and keep a Kryptonite disc lock on it whenever it's parked. I also have a heavy chain that I used to use when I lived in Boston and kept my ZX-6R in a shed behind my apartment building, but it's not really necessary here.

#9 ·
Well i dont think it's paranoia....lets just say it's peace of mind so i sleep good at night.. knowing i did what i could to keep assholes from takeing my shit. Out here in the country theres alot of farm theft that goes on so much so that the cops have there own detectives that work just farm theft crime.....

#12 ·
garage/basement its the best, i feel like Ferris Bulers day off type of sh*%T i walk down to my basement / garage and its wide open bikes and car just sitting in a living room sor of garage type of enviornment with automatic door opener.

von.
its the offical bat cave

#14 ·
Heckler & Koch MP5 full auto-SWAT team issue
Heckler & Koch .40 cal
Smith & Wesson 9mm/.357 X 2
Sig Sauer 9mm
Rotweiler 100lbs
Closed Garage
And if it gets to a hand to hand situation [smilie=b:
2nd degree black belt Kenpo Karate/Level 1&2 Defensive Tactics Instructor

They can have my bike and guns when they pry them from my cold dead hands! Good luck mother f#$%er! [smilie=m:

#16 ·
In my garage at night locked up all cozy you see, extra resistance is provided by my Rottweiler, Titus, who roams the yard in complete darkness waiting for the fool to try, and at work i simply park it in the lot at the police station which works pretty damn good. If its parked anywhere else i just take th key with me and believe the good people in my area will respect my shit!

#25 ·
Riddick said:
Heckler & Koch MP5 full auto-SWAT team issue
Nice. I really like the MP5 a lot.

Incidentally, have you ever fired an automatic Thompson? The bolt is heavy enough that the gun's center of gravity changes as it's firing, giving it this sickening "here we go" rolling feeling while you're firing it. They say that back when they were issuing them to our boys, they'd tell them "aim for the right knee." After firing one, I know why---if you put it on their knee and let 'er rip, the recoil carries it right through their vitals. Oh yeah, the open bolt on these things is fucking nerve racking as all hell.

The Grease gun (what's its designation? Can't remember...) is also a fun little sumbitch.

Riddick said:
Heckler & Koch .40 cal
Please don't tell me it's the Mk. 23. That's one clunky f'in gun. I'll take a 1911 any day. In fact, I'm thinking of getting me a Sigarms GSR 1911. Check this out: http://www.gunsandammomag.com/ga_handguns/gsr_0401/

Riddick said:
Sig Sauer 9mm
Very nice. I love my P226.

Riddick said:
Rotweiler 100lbs
Color me jealous. My apartment complex classifies Rotts as "dangerous dogs" and specifically disallows them. Bastards.

#26 ·
Bike cover, and park it under my fith wheel. no alarm, no insure. I guess people figure if its in a trailer park then its not worth stealin. Plus i'm out in the sticks so nothin really gets stolen.
Oh, and SKS 7.62x39, and 9x19mm if it comes to that. [smilie=b:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.