HOW R YOU KEEPING YOUR BIKE FROM GETTING STOLEN......... - Page 4 - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 84 Old 08-10-2004, 04:18 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Here's another tracking system:

www.trackmenow.com

I'm thinking about this or the one posted above. While at home, my bike is parked in the garage sandwiched between the garage wall and one of my cages. So the thief will have to hotwire the car and move it out of the way to get to the bike. I also usually arm the Scorpio alarm when I'm storing the bike. But the thief has to get past the garage door which is on a automatic garage door opener and the monitored home security system that also has the garage as part of its zone.

When I'm riding, I depend on the Scorpio alarm but I won't stay away from the bike for long. And I try to park it within eye sight. At work I don't have anything to worry about. My work place is totally gated and the guards are heavily armed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 84 Old 08-10-2004, 04:59 PM
BANNED

Posting Frequency

at home and at werk i keep it inside. anywhere else i go i dont
let it outta my sight. dont get me started an motorcycle thieves [smilie=r:
post #33 of 84 Old 08-10-2004, 05:45 PM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

I just leave a note on my bike at night. It reads, "To whom it concerns, If you must take this bike, please remember that it is a package deal.....you get my ex-wife too."

So far, no takers. [smilie=B:

No matter where you go, there you are.

post #34 of 84 Old 08-10-2004, 11:40 PM
Post Whore

Posting Frequency

Benelli shotty, and two huge balls that scream dont fuck with me [smilie=m:
post #35 of 84 Old 08-11-2004, 12:06 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riddick
Heckler & Koch MP5 full auto-SWAT team issue
Heckler & Koch .40 cal
Smith & Wesson 9mm/.357 X 2
Sig Sauer 9mm
Rotweiler 100lbs
Closed Garage
And if it gets to a hand to hand situation [smilie=b:
2nd degree black belt Kenpo Karate/Level 1&2 Defensive Tactics Instructor

They can have my bike and guns when they pry them from my cold dead hands! Good luck mother f#$%er! [smilie=m:
A couple of words to you
Overkill & Excessive Force :D

I know nothing about bikes!
post #36 of 84 Old 08-11-2004, 07:36 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to kawiman88
Quote:
Heckler & Koch .40 cal
Smith & Wesson 9mm/.357 X 2
Sig Sauer 9mm
Rotweiler 100lbs
Closed Garage
And if it gets to a hand to hand situation [smilie=b:
2nd degree black belt Kenpo Karate/Level 1&2 Defensive Tactics Instructor

They can have my bike and guns when they pry them from my cold dead hands! Good luck mother f#$%er! [smilie=m:
And what if i bring a rocket launcher or the plasma rifle from Halo, then whatta gunna do? :)
post #37 of 84 Old 08-11-2004, 10:26 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwantam
Quote:
Nice. I really like the MP5 a lot.

Incidentally, have you ever fired an automatic Thompson? The bolt is heavy enough that the gun's center of gravity changes as it's firing, giving it this sickening "here we go" rolling feeling while you're firing it. They say that back when they were issuing them to our boys, they'd tell them "aim for the right knee." After firing one, I know why---if you put it on their knee and let 'er rip, the recoil carries it right through their vitals. Oh yeah, the open bolt on these things is fucking nerve racking as all hell.

The Grease gun (what's its designation? Can't remember...) is also a fun little sumbitch.

Quote:
Heckler & Koch .40 cal
Please don't tell me it's the Mk. 23. That's one clunky f'in gun. I'll take a 1911 any day. In fact, I'm thinking of getting me a Sigarms GSR 1911. Check this out: http://www.gunsandammomag.com/ga_handguns/gsr_0401/

Quote:
Sig Sauer 9mm
Very nice. I love my P226.

Quote:
Rotweiler 100lbs
Color me jealous. My apartment complex classifies Rotts as "dangerous dogs" and specifically disallows them. Bastards.
I've never shot a Tommy. I love my MP5, it is one of the smoothest shooting full autos I've ever shot. Pure Sex! However, they are about to swap us all over to M4 .223 Colt Commandos with the single, three round, or full auto selectors. Two of the guys on the team already carry them with halographic sights and they are some bad bitches! Full auto is a handful and that is why I prefer my MP5.

My H&K .40 is the USP model and I like it but do love my P226 as well!

As for the Rotty he's my eyes and ears outside and he don't miss nothing! Too bad about your apartment complex! I think classifying a Rotty as a dangerous dog is [smilie=b: . They just protect their own that's all.

Hell yeah it's fast..........DUMBASS!

CMRA Novice #921
Chaos Racing BBE #78
post #38 of 84 Old 08-11-2004, 10:30 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawiman88
And what if i bring a rocket launcher or the plasma rifle from Halo, then whatta gunna do? :)
There probably wouldn't be much left of my bike so there wouldn't be any point in coming. [smilie=b: :D

Hell yeah it's fast..........DUMBASS!

CMRA Novice #921
Chaos Racing BBE #78
post #39 of 84 Old 08-11-2004, 12:53 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Re: lock

Quote:
Originally Posted by grasshopper
hey to the guy that move from boston to texas are there any turns there or is it just like everyone say flat land ?
I guess you're talking to me here, or if you're not, well, I did just move from Boston to Austin at the beginning of the summer.

In any case, Austin has much better riding than any I've seen up in the northeast. I live within a few miles of a stretch of twisties that puts Loudon to shame :-)

Of course, that's not true across all of Texas---Austin has much better twisties than Dallas, from what I hear...
post #40 of 84 Old 08-11-2004, 01:11 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
I've never shot a Tommy. I love my MP5, it is one of the smoothest shooting full autos I've ever shot. Pure Sex!
Absolutely agree. Pure sex, and very managable even on full auto.

Quote:
However, they are about to swap us all over to M4 .223 Colt Commandos with the single, three round, or full auto selectors. Two of the guys on the team already carry them with halographic sights and they are some bad bitches! Full auto is a handful and that is why I prefer my MP5.
Sounds nice. I shot an M4 chambered in 9x19mm and it was pretty sweet, but I definitely preferred the MP5. Add the hotter .223 and it must be quite a handful. Sexy little bitch, though.

Quote:
My H&K .40 is the USP model and I like it but do love my P226 as well!
Ahh, the USP is pretty nice. .40S&W is a pretty sweet round, but 9mm does it for me, especially considering how much cheaper it is to go plinking :-)

The H&K Mk 23 is a honker. I shot one of the special forces ones with the combo IR/visible combo illuminator/laser sight. Not bad, but f'in huge. Keeps the nose down on double taps (heh, almost as well on that chambered in .45ACP as my P226 in 9x19mm), but at what a price!

Quote:
As for the Rotty he's my eyes and ears outside and he don't miss nothing! Too bad about your apartment complex! I think classifying a Rotty as a dangerous dog is [smilie=b: . They just protect their own that's all.
Damn right. Oh well, I'll probably find another place by the time I'm ready for a dog anyway...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.